Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoneyjuice View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't either. I would probably do the below, but they probably would not.

10, Richardson, Koufos, Afflalo

Russell, Ingram, Mozgov
    Lakers didn't want to include Ingram in a trade for Paul George at the deadline, they sure as hell won't trade him for a draft pick and some scrubs

Quote Originally Posted by timz-a-changin View Post
    I saw a mock draft for SI and is had a trade that needed to be done... It was ... Kings and the 76ers. Kings trade 5 and 10 for the 3 to take Fox....It seemed very dumb to do when we can get him at 5.
    Why are you so certain he will be there at 5? There is talk Lakers may take him at 2 and Philly is right behind LA in desperate need of a point guard. Fox has the most potential out of any prospect this year. Don't be surprised if he goes as high as #2 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Why are you so certain he will be there at 5? There is talk Lakers may take him at 2 and Philly is right behind LA in desperate need of a point guard. Fox has the most potential out of any prospect this year. Don't be surprised if he goes as high as #2 overall.
    Either way, we have a player in a position of need fall to 5. Giving up the 10 and the 5 to get the 3 to me is not worth it. Ok, so we settle for Tatum...I will take that.

On a side note, Ball is refusing to workout with the Celtics... It would be something if either the Celtics draft Ball or the Lakers pass on him.

Quote Originally Posted by timz-a-changin View Post
    Either way, we have a player in a position of need fall to 5. Giving up the 10 and the 5 to get the 3 to me is not worth it. Ok, so we settle for Tatum...I will take that.

On a side note, Ball is refusing to workout with the Celtics... It would be something if either the Celtics draft Ball or the Lakers pass on him.
    It all depends how the Kings front office views the prospects. If they see Fox or any other player as potential stars, why not trade up for him? You settle and you will continue to be mediocre. You need to have star power to win in this league. Settling for players is not how you win

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    It all depends how the Kings front office views the prospects. If they see Fox or any other player as potential stars, why not trade up for him? You settle and you will continue to be mediocre. You need to have star power to win in this league. Settling for players is not how you win
    Well, as "WE" view things from here, the top 5 are the top 5, then there is a tier drop.off, and you may include DSJr as maybe a 6th man on the top tiers, but the point is, who ever is left at 5 is either a PG we really need, or a SF that we really need, and all thise player look like potential stars. So why trade more, (and it's a lot more) to get the same return?

Btw: almost all mock drafts have us taking:
    @5.) Fox, if not Tatum and another one had us taking DSJ.

@10.) Lauri Markkanen, Collins, or Issac... i did see 1 mock of Justin Jackson.

I wouldn't be happy with Justin Jackson, but i would feel great with our 2nd 1st round pick being Markannen or Issac. - i would not just give up that pick for the hell of it. -
    Last edited by sneak; Today at 05:13 PM.

I think that the consensus right now is that there are 2 players at the top. Then 3-4 closely matched in talent. But there still is a difference between 3 and 5. Plus, there is always the chance that one if the top two fall to three.

I also think the difference between players will grow as the process progresses. Nita fan of 5 and10 for 3... but open to more details on it.

I'd prefer at this point 10 and a player/pick for a trade up.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I'd prefer at this point 10 and a player/pick for a trade up.
    Don't forget, take a bad contract. That can factor in as well to moving up.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I think that the consensus right now is that there are 2 players at the top. Then 3-4 closely matched in talent. But there still is a difference between 3 and 5. Plus, there is always the chance that one if the top two fall to three.

I also think the difference between players will grow as the process progresses. Nita fan of 5 and10 for 3... but open to more details on it.
    The best players drafted are just as normally drafted out of the top 3 than in it. So while it'ld be nice to have more of an option, top 3 - 5 is going to give you the same chance as just the 3rd pick in this year's draft. Tatum, Jackson, Fox. I'ld say Fox showed up one game to change his draft stock and he is most likely to be the lesser talent of the 3 going in to the draft, but if we had 3rd we still might have drafted him none the less,,so there is no point in moving up from 3, now there is a huge difference with our #10 pick. Moving up just 1 pick could make a huge difference. So any way to move that pick forward would be good to look into.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243