Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Dallas Cowboys Official Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasTeam View Post
    Sam Shields had a concussion in week 1 and didn't pass concussion protocol to play for the REST OF THE ENTIRE SEASON. Not to mention he was popped for possession and is facing a suspension...
    I'm well aware of what happened to him. But concussions are a random thing (though you do become more susceptible it would seem). Sean Lee had huge concussion issues just the year before.

But if you're confidant with Carroll as a 2/3 then I'm confident in taking a chance on someone like Shields or Flowers to insulate him from playing time.

The fact of the matter is we need at least four serviceable players plus hopefully a high draft pick to man our secondary.

I'd rather bank on some injury risks then banking on poor talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DeW-Star; 03-18-2017 at 09:36 AM.
    Yankees Farm System

And yet another story with Zeke Elliot partying as the headline today. This dude needs to calm it down a bit! This time the Coast Guard boarded his yacht. He didn't get in trouble or anything, but all of this press attention is not doing any good for us.

We re-signed Kellen Moore today.

Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    And yet another story with Zeke Elliot partying as the headline today. This dude needs to calm it down a bit! This time the Coast Guard boarded his yacht. He didn't get in trouble or anything, but all of this press attention is not doing any good for us.
    I agree that he needs to calm down and get his head out of his ***. The Coast Guard was only doing a check for life vests though. At least that's what they say. Likely they saw all bikinis on board and needed to do a boob check. "Yup, all the floatation devices look to be in the right place."

Kellen Moore basically another assistant coach. Hopefully Moore ends up being the 3rd string QB, but I wouldn't be too upset if he ends up being the primary backup QB. Dak Prescott's base salary will be $540,000 for this season. Moore's base salary will be $775,000. I don't see the front office wanting to pay more than $2M per year for a veteran backup (definitely not what the Jets paid Josh McCown; $6M with incentives).

So much to read up on! Haven't been here in a while...excited to see what we do in the draft.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Romo2Bryant View Post
    Kellen Moore basically another assistant coach. Hopefully Moore ends up being the 3rd string QB, but I wouldn't be too upset if he ends up being the primary backup QB. Dak Prescott's base salary will be $540,000 for this season. Moore's base salary will be $775,000. I don't see the front office wanting to pay more than $2M per year for a veteran backup (definitely not what the Jets paid Josh McCown; $6M with incentives).
    I'm glad we didn't sign McCown. I like Kellen Moore and think he is a perfect backup. He's not a guy you want to trot out there a bunch but he is super intelligent and can help Dak prepare and adjust in games. If he has to play, he's got an accurate arm and, since he knows the playbook so well, he can keep us competitive. He is also way cheaper, like you said. I think he is basically another assistant coach.

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    So much to read up on! Haven't been here in a while...excited to see what we do in the draft.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I was wondering where you've been!

I'm glad we didn't sign McCown. I like Kellen Moore and think he is a perfect backup. He's not a guy you want to trot out there a bunch but he is super intelligent and can help Dak prepare and adjust in games. If he has to play, he's got an accurate arm and, since he knows the playbook so well, he can keep us competitive. He is also way cheaper, like you said. I think he is basically another assistant coach.

I was wondering where you've been!
    Agreed 6 million for a backup is wayyyy too much money that can be better spent elsewhere (or pocketed for the following year).

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Agreed 6 million for a backup is wayyyy too much money that can be better spent elsewhere (or pocketed for the following year).

I'm not even sure if McCown is better than Moore honestly. He's a veteran so he's got experience which is good, but he hasn't been good since a few starts with the Bears years ago.

Cowboys signed G/T Byron Bell to a 1-year contract. Bell has started 72 games in his career with most of them coming at right tackle. Bell adds depth and should compete for the RT spot with Chaz Green. I wouldn't rule out drafting a RT with a premium draft pick, but this gives the front office flexibility for the draft.

Cowboys signed G/T Byron Bell to a 1-year contract. Bell has started 72 games in his career with most of them coming at right tackle. Bell adds depth and should compete for the RT spot with Chaz Green. I wouldn't rule out drafting a RT with a premium draft pick, but this gives the front office flexibility for the draft.

With this class at T apparently I'd much rather go heavy at CB,S,DE and then snag a G for depth later.

Let La'el be a swing T if Chaz gets hurt again and the new guy can't hang.

Only offense I would want is a stud TE or maybe Jake Butt a little later in like round 3 or so.

Bringing back Williams really eliminates the WR position for the most part given the needs on defense.

Yankees Farm System

I'm not even sure if McCown is better than Moore honestly. He's a veteran so he's got experience which is good, but he hasn't been good since a few starts with the Bears years ago.
    Yea I like Moore especially when you factor in the price.

Yankees Farm System

I like the signing. I assume the price is good too. No problem with depth at all. I still want Collins at RT and give Cooper a shot at LG, but I think Mr. B might be right about them not wanting to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    With this class at T apparently I'd much rather go heavy at CB,S,DE and then snag a G for depth later.

Let La'el be a swing T if Chaz gets hurt again and the new guy can't hang.

Only offense I would want is a stud TE or maybe Jake Butt a little later in like round 3 or so.

Bringing back Williams really eliminates the WR position for the most part given the needs on defense.

Yeah I think bringing back Williams eliminates WR too. I still wouldn't be against taking Mike Williams if he fell to us in the first because I think he will be awesome, but they need to go heavy on defense in this draft for sure.

Dallas Cowboys Official Off Season Thread

I like the signing. I assume the price is good too. No problem with depth at all. I still want Collins at RT and give Cooper a shot at LG, but I think Mr. B might be right about them not wanting to do that.
    Yea after hearing what Jerry said I don't see anyway they even give Collins a shot at RT. Also after hearing many of the talking heads say that Collins would make an average/below average RT but could be a Pro Bowl Guard I just don't see them moving him. I expect Chaz to be the favorite to win the job (if he can stay healthy). I also expect they will bring in a couple undrafted RT's and possibly even sign a vet after the June 1st cuts are made. Moving Collins to RT weakens 2 positions (LG/RT). Keeping Collins at LG solidifies 4 of the OL positions.

Not to mention that Jerry has no interest in having to pay Collins as a Tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Yea after hearing what Jerry said I don't see anyway they even give Collins a shot at RT. Also after hearing many of the talking heads say that Collins would make an average/below average RT but could be a Pro Bowl Guard I just don't see them moving him. I expect Chaz to be the favorite to win the job (if he can stay healthy). I also expect they will bring in a couple undrafted RT's and possibly even sign a vet after the June 1st cuts are made. Moving Collins to RT weakens 2 positions (LG/RT). Keeping Collins at LG solidifies 4 of the OL positions.

Not to mention that Jerry has no interest in having to pay Collins as a Tackle.
    The last part is a very good point. He does have his payday coming soon.

Yankees Farm System

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast