Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    There are about 5 DE's that are all about the same talent level that I would take at 28. At least a couple of them should be available. There are also at least two solid CB's that will be available at 28. There are two guys already on the roster though that I'm interested in seeing in camp, David Irving and Charles Tapper. Irving poised to have a big year and Tapper has said right now is the healthiest and strongest he's ever been. If they can add another pass rusher and a MLB I think their defense will be much improved (also with the development of Maliek Collins). They have the makings of a very good young DL.
    I noticed that the team that has won the Superbowl the last five years have had a top defense, so we have our work cut out for us. This team seems to have graded talent very well in the last few years. Remember a time, when we were just making very bad decisions? Whoever's been in charge of grading talent the last few years and making decisions like Zach Martin over Manziel is doing a great job. If it's through the draft though, it will probably take a few years. There is always the x factor of players that suddenly perform above expectations. We had a few last year. If David Irving can explode and consistently do what he shows bursts of last season. Charles Tapper is supposed to be physically gifted, so I hope that translates. And if Jaylon Smith and Anthony Brown can play like standouts, then suddenly this defense will look a lot better. Management has to do all this, while keeping enough money to keep that o-line together and also finding a possible replacement for Witten if he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    I noticed that the team that has won the Superbowl the last five years have had a top defense, so we have our work cut out for us. This team seems to have graded talent very well in the last few years. Remember a time, when we were just making very bad decisions? Whoever's been in charge of grading talent the last few years and making decisions like Zach Martin over Manziel is doing a great job. If it's through the draft though, it will probably take a few years. There is always the x factor of players that suddenly perform above expectations. We had a few last year. If David Irving can explode and consistently do what he shows bursts of last season. Charles Tapper is supposed to be physically gifted, so I hope that translates. And if Jaylon Smith and Anthony Brown can play like standouts, then suddenly this defense will look a lot better. Management has to do all this, while keeping enough money to keep that o-line together and also finding a possible replacement for Witten if he retires.
    I think they will keep the line together to the best of their abilities. The biggest question will be if they are able to keep Collins. I hope they are, but if he plays at a pro bowl level this year (which he should) then it will be very tough to keep him and still have money for other positions going forward.

Zach Martin will be paid extremely high money for a guard. I'm sure Frederick will be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    I think they will keep the line together to the best of their abilities. The biggest question will be if they are able to keep Collins. I hope they are, but if he plays at a pro bowl level this year (which he should) then it will be very tough to keep him and still have money for other positions going forward.
    I expect they will do the same with Collins that they did with Leary. Let him walk and get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick back. Then use that pick to reinvest in the OL.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Zach Martin will be paid extremely high money for a guard. I'm sure Frederick will be expensive.
    Fredrick is already resigned long term. Zack Martin is the one they still need to work on. He's going to get PAID!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Fredrick is already resigned long term. Zack Martin is the one they still need to work on. He's going to get PAID!
    That is one expensive line. I hope the right side of the line holds up this year.

Hopefully, D-Law steps up this year, since it's his contract year. Because as of now it looks like this will be his final season with the team. This is similar to the Morris Claiborne situation, where if D-Law doesn't stay healthy, then maybe he signs a 1-year make-good deal or leaves.

I don't mind investing all that money to three All-Pros in Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick and Zach Martin. Romo off the books will help clear some cap space in the next couple seasons. Also, need to figure out what to do with Tyrone Crawford contract (4th highest salary number this year on the team...ugh).

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920