Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah even if it ended up being 6 games I think he is too expensive. You don't want to go with a committee with either of those guys, so it doesn't make any sense to me really
    I'm looking at all options, I do believe the games suspension goes to 4 but still hope the back ups can do the job
    #BringBackMatty

LeSean, if he's still the player I remember from the Eagles, is very elusive. He'd be hard to stop with this line. As far as Jaylon, man, if he pans out, paired with Sean Lee, wow, what a duo. Before the injury, Jaylon was supposed to be the best defensive talent....or one of the best according to some analysts. I think the coaching staff probably needs to figure out what's going on....that's a lot of guys getting suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    I'm looking at all options, I do believe the games suspension goes to 4 but still hope the back ups can do the job
    I mean don't get me wrong I think McCoy is awesome. I just think that when you have a running back like Zeke you want to give him 20+ carries a game. If we did that there isn't much left for McCoy. It'd be great for those suspension games but after that I feel like it would be pointless, especially when you consider it takes probably a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    LeSean, if he's still the player I remember from the Eagles, is very elusive. He'd be hard to stop with this line. As far as Jaylon, man, if he pans out, paired with Sean Lee, wow, what a duo. Before the injury, Jaylon was supposed to be the best defensive talent....or one of the best according to some analysts. I think the coaching staff probably needs to figure out what's going on....that's a lot of guys getting suspended.
    Yeah a lot of holes to fill on the defense for a while. We do have some high ceiling guys still ready to play like D Law, Collins, Crawford and Mayowa. I think our depth will make those other suspensions a least a little dampened. Same thing for our running back situation.

Yea McCoy at 6 mil base salary plus whatever the pick is would be a hefty price to pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Especially if Dak and that O line play the way they did on the 2 possessions Dak was in the game. The incremental value of Zeke vs. another good NFL back isn't necessarily that great. Perhaps they will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Especially if Dak and that O line play the way they did on the 2 possessions Dak was in the game. The incremental value of Zeke vs. another good NFL back isn't necessarily that great. Perhaps they will be just fine.
    I think they will be fine. McFadden is more than serviceable as a starter and Morris is a wonderful #2. No doubt we will be fine. It's just the difference of a run breaking for a TD here and there vs maybe a 20 yard gain. They'll still be good, just not as explosive.

I think they will be fine. McFadden is more than serviceable as a starter and Morris is a wonderful #2. No doubt we will be fine. It's just the difference of a run breaking for a TD here and there vs maybe a 20 yard gain. They'll still be good, just not as explosive.
    It's just fun to think about because of McCoy's playmaking ability (if he's still the same player), but we all know that it's not likely, since we have other needs that need to be taken care of. Morris went to 2 probowls and McFadden's a high first round pick, so they are very talented. Rod Smith is no slouch either. This is the deepest running back roster I can remember in recent memory. Our backups are better than some starters on other teams. By the way, what did you think of Cooper Rush? One thing I noticed is that our first team offense is so stocked with talent....at least the starters, no bums in the entire starting unit. They were just rolling with ease, except for that McFadden fumble.

It's just fun to think about because of McCoy's playmaking ability (if he's still the same player), but we all know that it's not likely, since we have other needs that need to be taken care of. Morris went to 2 probowls and McFadden's a high first round pick, so they are very talented. Rod Smith is no slouch either. This is the deepest running back roster I can remember in recent memory. Our backups are better than some starters on other teams. By the way, what did you think of Cooper Rush? One thing I noticed is that our first team offense is so stocked with talent....at least the starters, no bums in the entire starting unit. They were just rolling with ease, except for that McFadden fumble.
    Cooper Rush has played really well with the snaps he has been given. I think he has to make the roster now, cause if they try and move him to the practice squad I don't think there is any doubt that he would be claimed. I think he could be our backup QB of the future really. He obviously isn't taking Dak's spot or anything, but after this year he might take Moore's. I don't see it happening this year cause Moore has too much experience in this offense. Also, while I really like what Rush has done so far we have to remember this is the preseason and he is playing against 3rd, 4th and 5th string players. He's done well with that, but let's not get too carried away. Moore is still the better option at backup IMO (watching the games he has made a few bad plays, but a lot of the offensive woes have occurred due to penalties and drops from WRs).

I've noticed a lot of people comparing Rush to Dak, but we should remember that when Dak was doing it last year he was doing it against first and second string players for the most part. Anyway, I do like what we've seen from Rush but we need to keep it in perspective too (Stephen McGee looked awesome in his first preseason action too but that all happened against bottom of the barrel players like we are seeing with Rush).

Cooper Rush has played really well with the snaps he has been given. I think he has to make the roster now, cause if they try and move him to the practice squad I don't think there is any doubt that he would be claimed. I think he could be our backup QB of the future really. He obviously isn't taking Dak's spot or anything, but after this year he might take Moore's. I don't see it happening this year cause Moore has too much experience in this offense. Also, while I really like what Rush has done so far we have to remember this is the preseason and he is playing against 3rd, 4th and 5th string players. He's done well with that, but let's not get too carried away. Moore is still the better option at backup IMO (watching the games he has made a few bad plays, but a lot of the offensive woes have occurred due to penalties and drops from WRs).

I've noticed a lot of people comparing Rush to Dak, but we should remember that when Dak was doing it last year he was doing it against first and second string players for the most part. Anyway, I do like what we've seen from Rush but we need to keep it in perspective too (Stephen McGee looked awesome in his first preseason action too but that all happened against bottom of the barrel players like we are seeing with Rush).
    Yeah, I think teams will swoop in if he's tucked in the practice squad. I don't think he should be the backup, just the 3rd string. Well, Moore played with the first string too and he looked terrible. They broke the game film down and it seemed like Cooper Rush was just more accurate... but I definitely think Cooper Rush should stay at 3 and Moore needs to play better as the coaching staff is getting nervous.

Is anyone as nervous with the secondary as I am?? Maybe the Seahawks would take a 3rd for Sherman?? At this point it make sense...
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

Yeah, I think teams will swoop in if he's tucked in the practice squad. I don't think he should be the backup, just the 3rd string. Well, Moore played with the first string too and he looked terrible. They broke the game film down and it seemed like Cooper Rush was just more accurate... but I definitely think Cooper Rush should stay at 3 and Moore needs to play better as the coaching staff is getting nervous.
    Moore didn't play with many first string guys, just a couple of offensive linemen stayed for one drive with him IIRC (Martin, Frederick and Collins). Then it was backup linemen rest of the half. Other than that, it was backup WRs and TEs. Doesn't really matter, he still needs to play better I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    Is anyone as nervous with the secondary as I am?? Maybe the Seahawks would take a 3rd for Sherman?? At this point it make sense...
    I'd love to get Sherman but I don't think even a 2nd rounder gets it done. They'll want a 1st I'm sure and I wouldn't give them a first for him. I'm still hoping they give Revis a look, but it won't happen cause it's not really how this FO operates anymore.

Moore didn't play with many first string guys, just a couple of offensive linemen stayed for one drive with him IIRC (Martin, Frederick and Collins). Then it was backup linemen rest of the half. Other than that, it was backup WRs and TEs. Doesn't really matter, he still needs to play better I agree.

I'd love to get Sherman but I don't think even a 2nd rounder gets it done. They'll want a 1st I'm sure and I wouldn't give them a first for him. I'm still hoping they give Revis a look, but it won't happen cause it's not really how this FO operates anymore.
    It just seemed like a huge dropoff. Dak was rolling. A lot of the same unit was still there when Moore came in and he wasn't looking good. Then, Cooper Rush came in and looked a lot better. I would rather Moore just play well and the Cowboys not having to look elsewhere.

McGee looked good in his 1st preseason game? I don't remember that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    McGee looked good in his 1st preseason game? I don't remember that at all.
    I was actually thinking of his preseason finale, but yeah he threw for like 300 yards and a touchdown no picks lol. Pretty big game

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast