Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    People living in SD shouldn't fret. Just make the two-hour drive to LA. Hopefully the TV stations in SD will continue to televise Chargers games.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    The Raiders attract gang members in Southern California. So I think it was a great move made by the NFL to keep them out of here.
    You're supposed to use a green font for sarcasm

(This is a really funny post everyone laugh)

Reports are they don't want the Chargers to move there either, but can't stop them because they already approved it last year. They are afraid after attendance and television rating in LA were lower than they expected that LA isn't ready for two teams yet. The Raiders were the best choice for LA the NFL made a mistake. It's too late now.

The Raiders had better television ratings and sold more merchandise in LA this past season.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/31/s...ague.html?_r=0

http://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2016...ision-ratings/

The NFL is starting to realize it screwed up.

10 years later, the Chargers move back to San Diego and St Louis welcomes home the Rams, again

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    The chargers and san diego weren't that far appart on a financing deal, I think this is the league pressuring the chargers to move.
    It's all on the Spanos family. They didn't want to pay for a stadium at all.

The financing deal for the new stadium broke down:
    $300mil from the NFL
    $150mil from the Chargers through sale of PSL's
    $600mil from the city of SC

The Chargers also wanted to be able to get the right to naming, so they could sell those rights and use it to pay the lease.

SO now the Spanos family gets what they want. They get a stadium without spending a single dime.

PROCESSING

holy....seriously? the team would only have had to pay what 14% of the cost...and they STILL 'bolted'?!
    other teams have paid triple that and still bucked passage by the taxpayers

Teams in LA have left before....why did they leave and what has changed this time around that they won't look to leave again?
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 01-12-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    holy....seriously? the team would only have had to pay what 14% of the cost...and they STILL 'bolted'?!
    other teams have paid triple that and still bucked passage by the taxpayers

Teams in LA have left before....why did they leave and what has changed this time around that they won't look to leave again?
    History lesson:

Both the Raiders and Rams have left LA because they didn't get a stadium. Back when they were there, they both wanted new stadiums, but the City said that the teams would have to use their own money to upgrade the Coliseum as opposed to having city funding for a new stadium.

So the two teams went different ways.

Raiders: They paid their way out, and with the help of Oakland they found a new home.

Rams: There was an out with their contract that if the team lost a certain % of income, they could break the contract. So they purposely made the team bad, lost money for 3 years, so they could break the contract without paying a dime for leaving.

PROCESSING

I read that the Chargers might consider the StubHub Center for games. That's awful since it only has a max of 30k fans. The Coliseum has a lot going on as it is with SC and the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    I read that the Chargers might consider the StubHub Center for games. That's awful since it only has a max of 30k fans. The Coliseum has a lot going on as it is with SC and the Rams.
    I like it. Exclusivity drives demand.

I bet it's also a hell of a lot cheaper for them. And the Spanish family is cheap.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    The Rose Bowl is an option too.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Hope they don't re-brand. They've never won anything, but the bolts on the uniforms are iconic, and the powder blue throwbacks are the best selling throwback jersey ever.

If they rebrand, what would some choices be?

PROCESSING

Last edited by Rush; 01-13-2017 at 08:46 PM. Reason: PLEASE DON'T EMBED IMAGES. JUST LINK TO THEM PLEASE.

That's horrible. Just a stylized Dodgers logo. Design FAIL.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I like it. Exclusivity drives demand.

I bet it's also a hell of a lot cheaper for them. And the Spanish family is cheap.
    The alternative is the LA Rams though. The initial hype is over, so their asking price could drop, making it better for fans. 30k spaces for fans makes it tough. I was discussing from a fan perspective. For the Chargers, they have an easier job filling out 30k seats and charging a bigger premium for it. Their jobs are cushier than in San Diego.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast