Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Chargers plan to opt in LA Stadium deal to become LA Chargers

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
    A stunner: Chargers plan to announce as early as Thursday they are moving to LA, ending 55-year stint with SD, league sources tell ESPN.

Never Forget

The nfl not allowing the Raiders to LA may be the biggest financial mistake they've ever made

Why? (To raiders fan)

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    Why? (To raiders fan)
    Central California to South America is raider country. The NFL is unhappy about fan attendance already at LA with the rams, wait until you see how many charger fans are in LA. At least it gurantees us 2 extra home games every year. I guarantee when the Raiders play the chargers will be the highest attended games that stadium sees for awhile.

Should have put the Raiders in LA. NFL is gonna sleep in the bed they made.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Welp. Two teams that aren't the Raiders. I hope they crash and burn in the LA market.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    Central California to South America is raider country. The NFL is unhappy about fan attendance already at LA with the rams, wait until you see how many charger fans are in LA. At least it gurantees us 2 extra home games every year. I guarantee when the Raiders play the chargers will be the highest attended games that stadium sees for awhile.
    To be fair the new Stadium isn't built yet but yeah i agree makes more sense for the Raiders to share with the Rams.

Aren't they also changing their name so they won't be the Chargers anymore?

As to the Raiders fans who are upset about the Raiders not being in L.A., I am sure that the NFL would prefer giving the Chargers a home in a money market and allowing the Raiders to move to Vegas. I bet that combination makes the NFL more money than the Chargers being homeless, and the Raiders/Rams splitting L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Aren't they also changing their name so they won't be the Chargers anymore?

As to the Raiders fans who are upset about the Raiders not being in L.A., I am sure that the NFL would prefer giving the Chargers a home in a money market and allowing the Raiders to move to Vegas. I bet that combination makes the NFL more money than the Chargers being homeless, and the Raiders/Rams splitting L.A.
    The chargers and san diego weren't that far appart on a financing deal, I think this is the league pressuring the chargers to move.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    The chargers and san diego weren't that far appart on a financing deal, I think this is the league pressuring the chargers to move.
    Didn't it have to go to a vote and the voters voted no on it pretty heavily?

To Raiders fans...

Remember when the NFL made you leave LA?

Yeah, me neither.

"Wait till Next Year"
    Just Took on a Whole New Meaning!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    To Raiders fans...

Remember when the NFL made you leave LA?

Yeah, me neither.
    Well the NFL only was willing to help us a NFL stadium if they were allowed to bring in another team to share the stadium. Plus the offer the NFL offered was did very little to help the Raiders financially in the future. Benefited the NFL much more then the Raiders. Thats why AL chose to move the team back to Oakland.

That said personally Im cool with Vegas. Id much prefer them have their own stadium in Las Vegas where they will be in complete control instead of a tenant. Plus they would get a much bigger possible revenue income as the Raiders will be able to earn part of the revenue of any non Raider event as well.

Never Forget

I'll never understand why the Raiders and Niners didn't work together to build Levi's Stadium. They both needed a stadium at the same time, and Levi's is actually closer to Oakland than it is to San Francisco. The stadium was built for 2 teams, but I understand the Raiders not wanting to move into a "49erd" out stadium now.

The grater Los Angeles area does have more people than 46 states so it should be able to handle two NFL teams which a new stadium. I'm curious if the Chargers do indeed rebrand what they'll call themselves. I'm assuming the Charger history then stays in San Diego like the Browns did. Or the Chargers keep the name and hope to work something out down the road with San Diego.
    Would you rather have your local WNBA team win a championship this year, or find 5 dollars on the ground? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    The nfl not allowing the Raiders to LA may be the biggest financial mistake they've ever made
    The Raiders attract gang members in Southern California. So I think it was a great move made by the NFL to keep them out of here.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast