Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NBA Rookie of the Year Thread

It looks like it is a two man race.

Season
    Embiid 19 ppg (46.6%) 7 rpg 2 apg 2 bpg 3 TOpg
    Brogdon 9 ppg (45.4% / 42.4% 3-pt) 2 rpb 4 apg 1 spg 1 TOpg

Starter
    Embiid 19 ppg (46.6%) 7 rpg 2 apg 2 bpg 3 TOpg (Starting Record: 8-17 32%)
    Brogdon 14 ppg (45% / 38% 3-pt) 5 rpb 6 apg 1 spg 2 TOpg (Starting Record: 4-3 57%)

Both players playing great basketball. Brogdon has been a huge boost to the Milwaukee starting lineup. He is adding points that Middleton usually puts up when he is on the floor. Embiid is everything everyone expected from a top tier lottery pick.

Do you knock Embiid for being a 3rd year rookie? Do you give credit to a true rookie who was drafted in the second round? Do you weigh in wins like OKC and San Antonio for Brogdon because of his impact on those game (OKC clutch free throws in the 4th, SA two threes in the 4th plus free throws at the end to seal the game)?

Embiid wins unless he gets hurt and misses the rest of the season. The race is over.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Last edited by Giannis94; 01-11-2017 at 04:00 PM.
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

Embiid won this after about 10 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    This is really weird. Embiid is in his 3rd year in the NBA and will be 23 in March, while Broggy just turned 24. Yet Embiid has been in the NBA for 3 years while Broggy is a true rookie, yet is a year and 3 months older than him.

I ultimately think that Philly sits Embiid for a lot of games down the stretch if they start winning too much, thus making it a to-close-to-call race right now
    ummmm we are playing to win. we dont need to worry about our own pick for 2017. He will stay at 28 mins and continue to run away with ROY. Team record has (and shouldnt have) an impact on voting.

This is a two horse race in much the same way LeBron vs. Mo Williams for the 2009 Cleveland Cavaliers team MVP was a two horse race.
    POOP

Lol at anyone who answers anything but Embiid. There's no other answer. Can't believe someone tried to make a case already. Classic.

All jokes aside I am not sure the guy in the OP is even 2nd... Super Dario says hi... He is really underrated because of Joel. Is Brog even better than Saric?

Saric is putting up 10/6... Brogs shooting better though... Its close between saric and brog but neither are close to embiid... the notion that the sixers will play him less because they are winning is moronic... he is going to play more... by seasons end he will be playing 35 minutes a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    Lol at anyone who answers anything but Embiid. There's no other answer. Can't believe someone tried to make a case already. Classic.
    But Brewers starts threads and posts about all Bucks players! Discount double-check that one, bud. I only post about 2. Look at OP here.
    Last edited by Giannis94; 01-11-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    All jokes aside I am not sure the guy in the OP is even 2nd... Super Dario says hi... He is really underrated because of Joel. Is Brog even better than Saric?

Saric is putting up 10/6... Brogs shooting better though... Its close between saric and brog but neither are close to embiid... the notion that the sixers will play him less because they are winning is moronic... he is going to play more... by seasons end he will be playing 35 minutes a game.
    I think Dario is a better prospect, but Brogdon is such a good fit on that team and probably a bit better now. Plays both ways, starts, plus he could get the playoff team boost. I'd say he's comfortably number 2 at this point.
    POOP

But Brewers starts threads and posts about all Bucks players! Discount double-check that one, bud. I only post about 2. Look at OP here.
    What are you talking about? I never said people couldn't make Bucks related threads. This is a rookie of the year thread as well, not just a Bucks one. Nice try though.

What are you talking about? I never said people couldn't make Bucks related threads. This is a rookie of the year thread as well, not just a Bucks one. Nice try though.
    You previously said that I post non-stop threads about all Bucks players. I post about 2. I did not post this thread

You previously said that I post non-stop threads about all Bucks players. I post about 2. I did not post this thread
    I never said that. Stop baiting me.

Honestly, you must have something better to do than troll on a dying Internet forum.

Zero debate to be had here.

A better thread would have been for second place, which is probably Brogdon at the moment, but Saric has been good and Buddy is improving.

I never said that. Stop baiting me.

Honestly, you must have something better to do than troll on a dying Internet forum.
    Not gunna lie, I'm here for the NFL Mock and agree that this site has gone down hill every year since 2010

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast