Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Despite all the people on here saying he'd never stay, this is not at all surprising if you've followed the Kings and Cousins. He has never indicated an interest in going elsewhere and always has love for the city and fans. Vlade is 100% behind him. As is Ranadive.

As a Kings fan, I'm happy. It's a ton of money, but he's a great player. We'd have to get a major haul for trading him to be worth it, and even then it's difficult to get a player with the potential of being as good as DMC is back in that trade.
    2015 Adopt-a-Packer: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Are there any Sacramento fans happy about this? I feel like this is KG in Minnesota all over again.
    What it seems like to me as well. Except I don't think KG ever had character concerns or people worried he'd go haywire if the team lost games.

Seems destined for failure but we'll see. Can't fault him for taking the money and can't fault SAC for trying to keep an elite player. Just doesn't seem like they'll be able to get the needed pieces around him.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Despite all the people on here saying he'd never stay, this is not at all surprising if you've followed the Kings and Cousins. He has never indicated an interest in going elsewhere and always has love for the city and fans. Vlade is 100% behind him. As is Ranadive.

As a Kings fan, I'm happy. It's a ton of money, but he's a great player. We'd have to get a major haul for trading him to be worth it, and even then it's difficult to get a player with the potential of being as good as DMC is back in that trade.
    pretty much everything said here is how I feel about the situation.

I'll believe this when I see it. He can't legally sign the contract until July 1st. That's a whole lot of time for more Kings shenanigans to make him reconsider. What happens when they inevitably miss the playoffs again? It's just hard for me to believe he's going to sign this contract without at least taking meetings in 2018. There are so many attractive destinations that will have max space. San Antonio, Houston, the Lakers, hell, the Bulls are going to have two max slots and his college buddies Eric Bledsoe and John Wall are only a year behind him in free agency. Literally anything he might want out of a team, true contender status, big market, playing with his friends, all of that is going to be available to him. And it's not like he's leaving that much money on the table by signing a year later if he ends up deciding to stay in Sacramento. It just makes very little sense to me that after eight years with this tire fire of a franchise he'd say "I don't need to see what else is out there. I'm staying here no matter what." So yea. I don't buy this.
    POOP

For the record, I think the inevitable endgame here is Boogie to Portland for CJ and change. I don't think Boogie signs this extension (and for the record, we still only have one source here, not even enough to satisfy basic journalistic standards). I think the Kings eventually freak out and decide to move him. I think they settle on the certainty of C.J's long term deal and established status rather than Boston's cavalcade of uncertain picks. That just feels like where this is going to me.
    POOP

I think this designated player extension is a management tool to guage a player's commitment before their final year. If he won't sign the extension, you trade him.

Does anyone know if you can have more than 1 designated player? I thought of starting a thread but didn't think it was worthy. I don't want to hijack this one either. My thinking has to do with the Clippers; CP3 and Blake. Can they both sign this designated player 35% of the cap deal? It sounds like you can only have 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    Does anyone know if you can have more than 1 designated player? I thought of starting a thread but didn't think it was worthy. I don't want to hijack this one either. My thinking has to do with the Clippers; CP3 and Blake. Can they both sign this designated player 35% of the cap deal? It sounds like you can only have 1.
    Yes, you can have two. It's the Kevin Love rule, as Minnesota only had one and they wanted to save it for Rubio, which led to Love signing a shorter contract and then getting traded.
    POOP

Kings being kings

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Are there any Sacramento fans happy about this? I feel like this is KG in Minnesota all over again.
    Wow! I am the biggest KG detractor on here but This guy is no KG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Wow! I am the biggest KG detractor on here but This guy is no KG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I meant the situation, not the player. KG's huge contract handicapped a small market team and prevented them from keeping their good players or signing new ones.

And I started the "Vote for Yi" Jianlian campaign to keep KG out of the all-star game, so I'm probably the biggest KG detractor on here.
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 01-11-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Future perennial loser. Talented player, arguably the best big man around. But by choosing the Kings is finalizing his place as the last relic of the old school through-the-post style. Unless they hire a good GM and Denver fires Malone.
    Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 01-11-2017 at 11:56 PM.

Still the same as before. Develop your own draft picks, sign them to big contracta, trade them for other players. The percentage is the same as it was before for players on their 3rd contract.
    Yeah. Upwards of 40M per for 5 years is still a rather unfathomable number for just 1 player though. Plus Kings are terrible at your drafting/developing/trading model, just look up what they traded Isiah Thomas away for.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Yeah. Upwards of 40M per for 5 years is still a rather unfathomable number for just 1 player though. Plus Kings are terrible at your drafting/developing/trading model, just look up what they traded Isiah Thomas away for.
    Thats the exact reason that its a win-win for the Kings.
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    At least the Kings have their draft picks? Ned to clean house and get a top 3 pick or 2 but they're closer than the Nets and a few other teams
    No really. Sixers can swap the 2017 pick if they chose to and 2019 pick belongs to the Sixers unprotected.

PROCESSING

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast