Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

2017 Off-Season Thread

Discuss all off-season news- trades, free agency, NFL draft- here in this thread.

Is there any one player any of you would trade up from number 5 to 2?

Quote Originally Posted by savimoosavi View Post
    If they can find a way to do it without giving up the other 1st round pick, sure, by all means go and draft Allen. If not, I think we could be much better off with the first two picks we currently have, especially consider we don't pick again until the mid-3rd. If anything, I'd try to trade down out of that #5 spot and pick up some more picks.

However, that's what I would do. For Robinson, given all that happened last year, I can only assume that yes, a trade up is a possibility. Just like last year, he pretty much said that option is on the table if they think the guy is right for them, also mentioned they keep in mind if the teams that pick before them might be interested in selecting the same prospect. But at the same time, he said he'd love to add a second round pick if they can get that in a deal, so I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by savimoosavi View Post
    Not enough to give you guys the #5 and 18. Which is what you are seeking since those at almost exactly even on the draft value chart.

And the Titans don't have a 2nd round pick. So there really isn't that many other options unless we are gonna be giving up future 1st and 2nd round picks. Which isn't gonna happen.

Marcus Mariota

Yeah I wouldn't wanna do that, even if Garrett were there. The needs on defense and wideout plus not having a 2nd round pick make it very unlikely. If anything we're going to trade down. I honestly expect that 5th pick to be traded. With the Jets behind us I could see the Browns taking Garrett and using #12 to help get ahead of them. The Bills are and ideal partner to me. They could come up for the same reason.

Heroes In Blue

I absolutely expect them to trade down from #5.

He done a long interview the other day and he said for the most part they are done scouting and have pretty much made up their minds on everybody as far as from a game film perspective. Now its just about doing interviews and seeing if guys deliver during the workouts.

“Draft currency is a powerful thing in this league because it gives you a chance to acquire young talent,’’ Robinson said. “They are less expensive players than guys who have played in the league six, seven or eight, nine or 10 years. So to be able to get two of those guys, or one of those guys if we trade, or three of those guys if we trade. … Whatever it is, draft picks are valuable currency as it relates to team building.

“The most important thing is getting the pick right. You can have all the picks you want, but if you don’t get them right, then it doesn’t matter.”

“I’d love to have a second-round pick,’’ Robinson said. “That is a sweet spot in the draft, those second-round picks. The first-round picks, it is good to have extras of those, too. You get an extra year on the contract, with a fifth-year option that you don’t get on the other rounds.

“If we can navigate and put ourselves in a position to pick up an extra pick, specifically in the second round, we’d love to do that.”
    http://www.titansonline.com/news/art...7-818e5f2d9820

Something to keep in mind is that they have a good chunk of salary cap space and nobody big to resign going into free agency. So its very likely that they could sign 2 or 3 possible starters in free agency.

Marcus Mariota

Yeah, that interview was the clincher for me that the pick was going to be traded. I can't wait for free agency, because it's going to clear up a lot. If they can come out of free agency with something like Logan Ryan and Dre Kirkpatrick we're going to be a great position.

Heroes In Blue

What do you guys think about what we already have on the roster?

I'm thinking these are the guys that absolutely will be back in 2017

Marcus Mariota
    Derrick Henry
    Demarco Murray
    Jalston Fowler
    Tajae Sharpe
    Rishard Matthews
    Delanie Walker
    Taylor Lewan
    Jack Conklin
    Ben Jones
    Quinton Spain
    Josh Kline
    Brett Kern
    Ryan Succop
    Jurrell Casey
    Daqaun Jones
    Austin Johnson
    Kevin Dodd
    Brian Orakpo
    Derrick Morgan
    Avery Williamson
    LeShaun Sims
    Kevin Byard

I expect these guys to be back but wouldn't surprise me if otherwise

Da'Norris Searcy
    Matt Cassel
    Dennis Kelly
    Sebastian Tretola
    Brian Schwenke
    Sean Spence
    Daimon Stafford
    Karl Klug
    Al Woods

I could see going either way

Wesley Woodyard
    Harry Douglas

I think are gone

Kendall Wright
    Chance Warmack
    Anthony Fasano
    Byron Bell
    Rashad Johnson
    Valentino Blake
    Marc Mariani
    David Bass

Marcus Mariota

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    What do you guys think about what we already have on the roster?

I'm thinking these are the guys that absolutely will be back in 2017

Marcus Mariota
    Derrick Henry
    Demarco Murray
    Jalston Fowler
    Tajae Sharpe
    Rishard Matthews
    Delanie Walker
    Taylor Lewan
    Jack Conklin
    Ben Jones
    Quinton Spain
    Josh Kline
    Brett Kern
    Ryan Succop
    Jurrell Casey
    Daqaun Jones
    Austin Johnson
    Kevin Dodd
    Brian Orakpo
    Derrick Morgan
    Avery Williamson
    LeShaun Sims
    Kevin Byard

I expect these guys to be back but wouldn't surprise me if otherwise

Da'Norris Searcy
    Matt Cassel
    Dennis Kelly
    Sebastian Tretola
    Brian Schwenke
    Sean Spence
    Daimon Stafford
    Karl Klug
    Al Woods

I could see going either way

Wesley Woodyard
    Harry Douglas

I think are gone

Kendall Wright
    Chance Warmack
    Anthony Fasano
    Byron Bell
    Rashad Johnson
    Valentino Blake
    Marc Mariani
    David Bass
    I personally think Searcy is more likely gone. There are two players on roster who can very well fit in for him and play at least as good, in Stafford and Byard, and more who will likely be added, either via FA or Draft.

I got a feeling Mularkey and the staff really like Klug, and after all, he's a pretty solid rotational player. I think he's back. Douglas should likely be let go, and I think Woodyard stays. Also, I'm interested to see what they do with Tretola. I don't think they let him go either way, but it'd be interesting to see if they have him compete for a starting job.

Also, I really liked Bouye this year, so if I were to choose between say a Kirkpatrick and him, I'd definitely go with AJ. Berry would be too good to be true. If I had it my way, it'd go something like Bouye and Munnerlyn/Ryan (someone will likely overpay him a bit though) and Timmons. And I'd still draft a CB first round. We're just too thin at CB to neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I personally think Searcy is more likely gone. There are two players on roster who can very well fit in for him and play at least as good, in Stafford and Byard, and more who will likely be added, either via FA or Draft.

I got a feeling Mularkey and the staff really like Klug, and after all, he's a pretty solid rotational player. I think he's back. Douglas should likely be let go, and I think Woodyard stays. Also, I'm interested to see what they do with Tretola. I don't think they let him go either way, but it'd be interesting to see if they have him compete for a starting job.

Also, I really liked Bouye this year, so if I were to choose between say a Kirkpatrick and him, I'd definitely go with AJ. Berry would be too good to be true. If I had it my way, it'd go something like Bouye and Munnerlyn/Ryan (someone will likely overpay him a bit though) and Timmons. And I'd still draft a CB first round. We're just too thin at CB to neglect.
    If they add anybody else at safety I think you are right about Searcy. From the way they were talking on the radio they think that Kevin Byard can be a starter at either safety position. That Rashad Johnson is gone. And that they don't think Stafford has a good chance at coming back either. Which would leave Searcy and Byard as the default starters.

The only reason I didn't put Klug on my list for guys for sure coming back is that I think there is a chance he might get offered more somewhere else. I've seen his name pop up for some other teams as possible free agent signings that could be under the radar.

I think there is a chance that Harry Douglas might take a pay cut and stay on for another year. They really talked him up at the end the of the season about his locker room leadership and doing the dirty work on the field in terms of blocking and going over the middle. He should be gone but this coaching staff loves the guy.

From the way John McClain made it sound Bouye isn't leaving Houston even if it possibly comes down to the franchise or transition tag. Jonathan Joseph is about to turn 33 and they can clear up $7 million by letting him go. Pretty much expect them to keep Bouye and release Jonathan Joseph. And Bouye wants to stay in Houston as well.

They will draft a cornerback you can bet money on it. The question is what round? Jon Robinson said that they are excited about this class of cornerbacks and how it might be the deepest position in the draft. Which worries me because you can possibly look at that and say they might feel they can get one in the 3rd or 4th round. Or maybe that just means that they feel they can get a good one at say #18 that usually wouldn't be on the board in that spot.

Marcus Mariota

McCourty is another guy I could see being cut to free up more cap space. At the very least restructured. He's clearly a shell of himself, you can't pay him 7 million.

Heroes In Blue

Quote Originally Posted by scarylarry23 View Post
    McCourty is another guy I could see being cut to free up more cap space. At the very least restructured. He's clearly a shell of himself, you can't pay him 7 million.
    Last night I watched his brother lay the wood to a WR, and it made me think of our McCourty. A few years ago there was a rumor they were considering moving McCourty to Safety. I think now would be a good time to try that. I would still like him to take a pay cut, but Mccourty at FS, Byard at SS, and Stafford as a backup isn't a bad rotation at Safety. This would require us to bring in a starting CB, and draft a first rounder, which I absolutely hope we do anyway.

Free agents I would like
    1. Dre Kirkpatrick, CB or DJ Hayden, CB or both
    2. Dontari Poe, DT. He is from Memphis, and he is a big strong dude.
    3. Alshon Jeffery, WR. He is a proven #1, and still pretty young.
    4. Kenny Stills, Kenny Britt or Terrell Pryor, WR wouldn't be bad pickups.
    5. Jabaal Sheard,DE or JPP, my interest here might just be on the names, I know JPP isn't what he used to be, but we need to add someone opposite of Casey.

Our FAs
    I am on the fence with Wright. I don't care if we keep him or let him go at this point. I think he is a good player, but I don't think he is worth the money that he will want, and I don't think he wants to be here any more.

I would like to keep some depth at OL since we finally got that squared away, so I would like to keep Swenke and maybe Bell, obviously Warmack is gone.

I hope that we keep Klug because if he leaves we will just have to pay money to replace him with someone that may or may not workout. Klug isn't great, but he is solid.

I think Cassel will be back, he is a veteran that isn't too old, and he isn't going to find a better job.

I am just so glad we aren't talking about drafting OL or signing a veteran RB. We have finally made progress as a franchise!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cgreenhill View Post
    Last night I watched his brother lay the wood to a WR, and it made me think of our McCourty. A few years ago there was a rumor they were considering moving McCourty to Safety. I think now would be a good time to try that. I would still like him to take a pay cut, but Mccourty at FS, Byard at SS, and Stafford as a backup isn't a bad rotation at Safety. This would require us to bring in a starting CB, and draft a first rounder, which I absolutely hope we do anyway.
    This is kind of what I thought might happen as well, but I think we need to make sure that the huge hole we currently have at the CB position is covered, and then have him restructure slightly and try him out at FS.

Also, by the way, has anyone else seen Kuharsky posting about how Robinson's analytics played a role in NE drafting Ryan, and what he thinks of the guy? At this point, I pretty much believe they're going to pursue him. They will likely have to pay some pretty big contract, though, because he's hardly a hidden gem given what the market looks like.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast