Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I finally seen the contract numbers for Sylvester Williams. I wasn't a fan of that signing before and I hate it now.... 3-year $17.5 million with $9.5 million guaranteed. For a guy that supposedly has been a borderline starter the last 2 years on a loaded Broncos defense.

I know several of the sites had Al Woods graded slightly higher than Sylvester Williams. From what I've seen and read it sounds an awful lot like the Titans might be paying twice as much for the same player.
    I didn't completely understand that move with Woods either, even before we signed Williams. It wasn't like we were in cap trouble, and in two out of three years, he's been good for us. Anyway, I hope (and to some extent, feel like) Austin Johnson is going to step up. To me, he was the prospect with the highest ceiling out of our last year's draft class.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I didn't completely understand that move with Woods either, even before we signed Williams. It wasn't like we were in cap trouble, and in two out of three years, he's been good for us. Anyway, I hope (and to some extent, feel like) Austin Johnson is going to step up. To me, he was the prospect with the highest ceiling out of our last year's draft class.
    Them signing a mediocre NT for $6.5 million a year doesn't sound like they have too much confidence in Austin Johnson. I actually felt the opposite about Austin Johnson that he was most likely to be a bust out of our early picks. I didn't think he fit well in the 3-4.

Marcus Mariota

Titans are reportedly locked in at taking Lattimore at pick 5, According to Matt Miller

Titans 2017 Draft Class

5. Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
    18. Adoree' Jackson, CB, USC
    72. Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky
    100. Jonnu Smith, TE, FIU
    155. Jayon Brown, LB, UCLA
    217. Corey Levin, OG, Chattanooga
    227. Josh Carraway, LB, TCU
    236. Brad Seaton, OT, Villanova
    241. Khalfani Muhammad, RB, California

Quote Originally Posted by killthesux View Post
    Titans are reportedly locked in at taking Lattimore at pick 5, According to Matt Miller
    Wow...well I really hope this guy is the real deal. I wouldn't be happy with that pick but whatever. Is he really that much better than the other CBs? Enough to go top 5. Anyone with serious insight on him care to share their thoughts? From what I've seen, he has great hands, but puts his hands on the WR a lot and will probably get a lot of flags thrown his way, especially against NFL WR who are much craftier. Thats just from watching Youtube "highlights" I will admit.
    Last edited by warehouseisbare; 03-31-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warehouseisbare View Post
    Wow...well I really hope this guy is the real deal. I wouldn't be happy with that pick but whatever. Is he really that much better than the other CBs? Enough to go top 5. Anyone with serious insight on him care to share their thoughts? From what I've seen, he has great hands, but puts his hands on the WR a lot and will probably get a lot of flags thrown his way, especially against NFL WR who are much craftier. Thats just from watching Youtube "highlights" I will admit.
    I'd be happy with the pick. With Jones' injury, it's true that there's quite a drop off in value after Lattimore at the position. I think he's got good size, solid speed, and all the tools to be able to shadow receivers effectively. Plus he finds ways to get his hands on the ball. He's a solid prospect, and there's no doubt we need him, I'm just still a little intrigued by the idea of drafting Allen, if we have that opportunity at 5.

I firmly believe we should look into Sherman's situation. There are strong talks of a possible trade for him out of Seattle, and God knows we could use him. I wouldn't pay a king's ransom for him, though.

Also, we have signed Demontre Hurst. I think I remember seeing a little bit of him last year, and thought he looked quite decent. Should be good depth.

I firmly believe we should look into Sherman's situation. There are strong talks of a possible trade for him out of Seattle, and God knows we could use him. I wouldn't pay a king's ransom for him, though.

Also, we have signed Demontre Hurst. I think I remember seeing a little bit of him last year, and thought he looked quite decent. Should be good depth.

Yeah, I agree, for the right price I think we should too. But the problem is, I think another team will be willing to give up more. I've heard a lot of talk that he is a problem player but I do think we need a player that has his type of fire and energy. Its a shame we don't have more leaders like him on our team. I don't think he's worth one of our first round picks though. I don't think they'd take our third rounder.

He would be a good get, I would do 18+2nd next season for Sherman+Sea 1st

Titans 2017 Draft Class

I have 2 problems with the Richard Sherman trade scenario

(1) His contract. It would essentially be a 2-year $22.4 million deal. Which isn't bad on a per year basis for a player of his caliber.

The problem is that his contract expires the same offseason as the following : Taylor Lewan, Jurrell Casey, Brian Orakpo, Derrick Morgan, Rishard Matthews, Delanie Walker etc. and then that also will be Marcus Mariota's 5th year option year which will likely be $15 million by that time.

Some of those won't matter for sure. But the point is do you really want a 31-year old cornerback on that to do list? Especially one that you trade high draft currency to get in the first place.

(2) He is 29 and its a essentially a 2-year deal. This kinda falls under the same lines as the contract. But this isn't a move made by a team that is building for the future. This is a move that a team like the Patriots should make to win now. When you look at all those expiring contracts its all the more reason that they need to keep the draft picks and keep stocking the roster.

Marcus Mariota

(1) His contract. It would essentially be a 2-year $22.4 million deal. Which isn't bad on a per year basis for a player of his caliber.

The problem is that his contract expires the same offseason as the following : Taylor Lewan, Jurrell Casey, Brian Orakpo, Derrick Morgan, Rishard Matthews, Delanie Walker etc. and then that also will be Marcus Mariota's 5th year option year which will likely be $15 million by that time.

Some of those won't matter for sure. But the point is do you really want a 31-year old cornerback on that to do list? Especially one that you trade high draft currency to get in the first place.

(2) He is 29 and its a essentially a 2-year deal. This kinda falls under the same lines as the contract. But this isn't a move made by a team that is building for the future. This is a move that a team like the Patriots should make to win now. When you look at all those expiring contracts its all the more reason that they need to keep the draft picks and keep stocking the roster.
    I agree that trading for Sherman would pretty much be about winning now, or in the short term. But I don't think that's a negative thing. After all, we're not necessarily a team in rebuild mode anymore. We were 9-7 and barely missed the playoffs, and that's about our starting point for setting expectations going into next year. It's pretty hard to expect a dynasty unless you're lucky enough to stumble into an elite franchise quarterback, and even then the job of completing the roster around him is not easy. Most teams nowadays can realistically hope for like a 3-4 year window at the most for being a contender. You can exceed that, no doubt, but it's just harder.

That's why I think it makes sense to continue to build on a competitive roster, and if we have the chance of adding one of the top corners in the league, I'd try to make it happen. I agree about not doing something crazy, and keep just enough of our draft currency to continue to add young talent. But if Sherm gets us closer to making the playoffs, and by fixing very arguably our biggest need, he probably would do that, it's definitely something to explore.

I'm with you...keep the picks and stock up on young talent. We are a team of the future not next season. Yes, we can be competitive but we have to be realistic.

I think that JRob and Mularkey like LeShaun Sims a lot and would be comfortable with him being that #3/#4 CB once Jmac leaves next season.

1. Logan Ryan
    2. Rookie CB
    3. Jason McCourty
    4. LeShaun Sims

Titans 2017 Draft Class

Titans Preseason Schedule

@Jets
    Vs. Panthers
    Vs. Bears
    @Chiefs

Titans 2017 Draft Class

Quote Originally Posted by killthesux View Post
    I think that JRob and Mularkey like LeShaun Sims a lot and would be comfortable with him being that #3/#4 CB once Jmac leaves next season.

1. Logan Ryan
    2. Rookie CB
    3. Jason McCourty
    4. LeShaun Sims
    So do you think Sims is a good #2 today, because that's what he is right now lol

Chiefs released Jaye Howard, he would be a guy id like to se JRob go and sign before the draft, he is a very underrated player imo

Titans 2017 Draft Class

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast