Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Sorry folks, Beltran is delusional if he thinks Astros are a World Series contender.

I'm going to keep this short and sweet, and probably catch a lot of heat for this, but it's what I do. Beltran coming back to the Astros is a little too late now. If he would have signed back at the end of '04, then it would have made a difference. Now I do not know all of the details, but if he says this team is a World Series contender, he's a little crazy. They're not there yet. Now don't get me wrong, I am a LONGTIME Astros fan, and I have seen them at their best, and more than anything, at their worst. They're not a World Series contender yet. Not quite. I really cannot make a certain judgment as to what they lack to be one, but for sure they need another superstar starting pitcher, from what I've heard they need a closer (not sure if that's true or not), and they probably need another bat JUST for good measure. I mean why not.

Astros will have another great season, but will they make another run? Or even a WS run? Stay tuned....... only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by lilboytwister99 View Post
    I'm going to keep this short and sweet, and probably catch a lot of heat for this, but it's what I do. Beltran coming back to the Astros is a little too late now. If he would have signed back at the end of '04, then it would have made a difference. Now I do not know all of the details, but if he says this team is a World Series contender, he's a little crazy. They're not there yet. Now don't get me wrong, I am a LONGTIME Astros fan, and I have seen them at their best, and more than anything, at their worst. They're not a World Series contender yet. Not quite. I really cannot make a certain judgment as to what they lack to be one, but for sure they need another superstar starting pitcher, from what I've heard they need a closer (not sure if that's true or not), and they probably need another bat JUST for good measure. I mean why not.

Astros will have another great season, but will they make another run? Or even a WS run? Stay tuned....... only time will tell.
    This team should win 90+ wins this season and has one of the best lineups in baseball. Granted a 2-game sample size isn't much to build conclusions from, but Keuchel, McCullers and Giles looked fantastic. If the lineup is even just 80-85 percent as good as it seems, and those three guys can stay healthy and dominate, this team is absolutely a World Series contender.