Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Sorry folks, Beltran is delusional if he thinks Astros are a World Series contender

I'm going to keep this short and sweet, and probably catch a lot of heat for this, but it's what I do. Beltran coming back to the Astros is a little too late now. If he would have signed back at the end of '04, then it would have made a difference. Now I do not know all of the details, but if he says this team is a World Series contender, he's a little crazy. They're not there yet. Now don't get me wrong, I am a LONGTIME Astros fan, and I have seen them at their best, and more than anything, at their worst. They're not a World Series contender yet. Not quite. I really cannot make a certain judgment as to what they lack to be one, but for sure they need another superstar starting pitcher, from what I've heard they need a closer (not sure if that's true or not), and they probably need another bat JUST for good measure. I mean why not.

Astros will have another great season, but will they make another run? Or even a WS run? Stay tuned....... only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by lilboytwister99 View Post
    I'm going to keep this short and sweet, and probably catch a lot of heat for this, but it's what I do. Beltran coming back to the Astros is a little too late now. If he would have signed back at the end of '04, then it would have made a difference. Now I do not know all of the details, but if he says this team is a World Series contender, he's a little crazy. They're not there yet. Now don't get me wrong, I am a LONGTIME Astros fan, and I have seen them at their best, and more than anything, at their worst. They're not a World Series contender yet. Not quite. I really cannot make a certain judgment as to what they lack to be one, but for sure they need another superstar starting pitcher, from what I've heard they need a closer (not sure if that's true or not), and they probably need another bat JUST for good measure. I mean why not.

Astros will have another great season, but will they make another run? Or even a WS run? Stay tuned....... only time will tell.
    This team should win 90+ wins this season and has one of the best lineups in baseball. Granted a 2-game sample size isn't much to build conclusions from, but Keuchel, McCullers and Giles looked fantastic. If the lineup is even just 80-85 percent as good as it seems, and those three guys can stay healthy and dominate, this team is absolutely a World Series contender.

this thread has aged well

Whoops

Quote Originally Posted by PickleRick View Post
    Whoops
    There it is? ....not yet but I'm pulling for Morton who has his stuff on

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Jose Altuve AL MVP - all 5'5" of him.

This is a great team.
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    This team should win 90+ wins this season and has one of the best lineups in baseball. Granted a 2-game sample size isn't much to build conclusions from, but Keuchel, McCullers and Giles looked fantastic. If the lineup is even just 80-85 percent as good as it seems, and those three guys can stay healthy and dominate, this team is absolutely a World Series contender.
    Excellent insight bosstone!

Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Jose Altuve AL MVP - all 5'5" of him.

This is a great team.
    Who is the chick in your sig?

This thread looks especially bad now. Doesn't look like this guy posts on PSD anymore, but if he comes back, he needs to eat some crow for this.

Quote Originally Posted by lilboytwister99 View Post

Lol.