Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I haven't been posting simply based on the fact that between school, work, and an internship, I just don't have the time. But, I can find an hour in my week for the following: one idea I have is we could do a weekly podcast. I'm a radio broadcasting student about to go into the field, and if I can get a roundtable down to do a podcast with me, I'll host it. If you have protools and the time to produce it, I'm down. That's the best I can come up with. If people can come up with a system to get everyone together, and I'm talking about a handful of people(4-5 people), I'll gladly host and give my opinions.

https://soundcloud.com/jesse-g-88603...ssemediaminute

A clip if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Halladay; 03-20-2017 at 01:23 AM.

That sounds like an awesome idea.
    I'm all for helping but I just don't have enough knowledge about the entire NHL.
    I follow the Rangers and the Atlantic division closely, but am somewhat clue less outside of that. I know star players but not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    I haven't been posting simply based on the fact that between school, work, and an internship, I just don't have the time. But, I can find an hour in my week for the following: one idea I have is we could do a weekly podcast. I'm a radio broadcasting student about to go into the field, and if I can get a roundtable down to do a podcast with me, I'll host it. If you have protools and the time to produce it, I'm down. That's the best I can come up with. If people can come up with a system to get everyone together, and I'm talking about a handful of people(4-5 people), I'll gladly host and give my opinions.

https://soundcloud.com/jesse-g-88603...ssemediaminute

A clip if anyone is interested.
    Pitched this idea a few pages back but no one else seemed interested. I think a weekly podcast would be great, even if it was to talk about major stories from the previous week or specific teams/divisions, rivalries. Maybe do it before the Wednesday Night Rivalry to help get more people in the GDT

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    That sounds like an awesome idea.
    I'm all for helping but I just don't have enough knowledge about the entire NHL.
    I follow the Rangers and the Atlantic division closely, but am somewhat clue less outside of that. I know star players but not much else.
    The beauty of radio and podcasts is that if you don't have much of an opinion or knowledge on a subject or a sports team, you can just sit that part out or ask questions yourself and allow others to fill you and the audience in.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Pitched this idea a few pages back but no one else seemed interested. I think a weekly podcast would be great, even if it was to talk about major stories from the previous week or specific teams/divisions, rivalries. Maybe do it before the Wednesday Night Rivalry to help get more people in the GDT
    I'm down to do it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Just now seeing this thread, because I'm pretty sure I haven't checked PSD since it was created. Going to give a bit of my input below.

The nhl forum's condition needed to be addressed a year or two ago. Now it is dead, buried, and more or less forgotten about. This is way too little and way too late. We went from having 30 managers and multiple assistant and co-managers, to not being able to finish a game even when we just rolled with like 16 guys to start. I (and many others) argued this with the admins years ago. I forget the name of the one admin in charge of games a few years back, but he essentially killed nhl games by forcing us to do it in the off-season even though I told him many times we did not have the activity to finish a game in the offseason with the amount of posters left in the dying nhl forum. Shockingly, I was right.

Another thing is that this site is competing with hockeys future boards, which don't consider any other site a big enough threat to even bother censoring their names out like this one does (or at least I know they used to). This site simply can't compete, and I'm going to guess this is where a lot of the other posters disappeared to.

Building off the last point, this site is probably the slowest site on the internet. No other site takes as long to load for me, and it's a big reason why some posters leave/are constantly frustrated with the site. This is more at the site as a whole than just the nhl forum, but still thought it needed to be reiterated. It's actually incredible how poor the aesthetics of this site are as well. I still miss the old version.

I see some progress is being made by unbanning posters like Bran, but I just don't think it will be enough to get serious interest here again. I will give a game in the offseason a shot but honestly I don't know if 20 different posters have posted in this forum in the year, going to be very difficult to get more than like 8 guys for a game at this point.

TLDR - this site was previously run very poorly, the nhl forum is beyond dead, and I don't see it being revived, message me if a game is going to be attempted
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    I definitely can't take serious responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    BransWings being banned killed the RW forums and could easily be attributed to the 5 or so of us that were very active leaving.
    I'm hurt Pidg.
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    I definitely can't take serious responsibility.

Provided that their stupid site is up and running by tonight, I was thinking about doing a PSD Bracket Challenge if people are interested. I'll be home later tonight and I can set it up and put the link in here if there's enough interest?

Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    Provided that their stupid site is up and running by tonight, I was thinking about doing a PSD Bracket Challenge if people are interested. I'll be home later tonight and I can set it up and put the link in here if there's enough interest?
    For sure. If no one responds here, you can always post to the Bruins forum

Haters gonna hate

https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/leagues/psd-nhl

Here you go! Password for the league is LostBoys17 (case sensitive)

Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/leagues/psd-nhl

Here you go! Password for the league is LostBoys17 (case sensitive)
    Joined!

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

Joined as well, thanks for setting that uo.

I guess I missed the sign up lol

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

I blame the website itself to be honest, it was utter *** trying to create a league and make a bracket, from the time you could do it up until a couple hours after the playoffs actually started. Then again, this is typical of the NHL and their services to the fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345