Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas Cowboys

10 45.45%
  • Green Bay Packers

12 54.55%
Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    already have wrigs over my knee.. my other knee is for you there son... sunday that *** belongs to me and the packers.
    Kinky

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    My post was referring to Cowboys fans even before the injuries. Every idiot Cowboys fan I know in real life listened to the gullible "he's bad, he chokes, he's the worst, blah blah" ******** that everyone sells. If Romo was on damn near any other team he'd be one of the most liked QBs in the NFL. He's the only guy I've ever seen get into a shootout with PM (against a record breaking offense on top of it all) and then throw 5 TDs and 500 yards, but then everyone say "oh he choked because he threw that one INT" when the team gave up 51 points.
    Bro, the Cowboys fans that label Romo a "choke" artist, or that actually think that he was "bad" in his prime are idiots that understand jack about football. Romo WAS the reason the Cowboys were a mediocre to relevant team when he was their starter. This is the guy who spent most years running for his life because he had no pass protection. People either forget or choose not to even acknowledge how truly putrid Dallas' protection used to be, before Stephen Jones began fixing their o-line issues. Dude was a straight Houdini in the pocket.

Trust me, over the years, even if Dak becomes remotely as good or even if he somehow manages to be better, but cannot close the deal due to a plethora of reasons outside of his control (rash of o-line injuries, no more run game, crappy defense), he will get the same exact treatment. You love the QB when the team is winning games, but you blame the QB for everything when the team is losing games. Even if that QB is still playing well despite everything around him crumbling. That's just how many fans (and some in the media) rationalize things.
    Last edited by Dré; 01-11-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dré View Post
    Bro, the Cowboys fans that label Romo a "choke" artist, or that actually think that he was "bad" in his prime are idiots that understand jack about football. Romo WAS the reason the Cowboys were a mediocre to relevant team when he was their starter. This is the guy who spent most years running for his life because he had no pass protection. People either forget or choose not to even acknowledge how truly putrid Dallas' protection used to be, before Stephen Jones began fixing their o-line issues. Dude was a straight Houdini in the pocket.

Trust me, over the years, even if Dak becomes remotely as good or even if he somehow manages to be better, but cannot close the deal due to a plethora of reasons outside of his control (rash of o-line injuries, no more run game, crappy defense), he will get the same exact treatment. You love the QB when the team is winning games, but you blame the QB for everything when the team is losing games. Even if that QB is still playing well despite everything around him crumbling. That's just how many fans (and some in the media) rationalize things.
    Yeah...I feel so bad for Tony. This might have been the best team he's ever had, and he's watching from the sidelines. Dak has earned that starting gig, but it just feels so unfair to him. He was a running joke for way too long and it seemed like, sans a couple years there, he never got the credit he deserved. I would instantly start rooting for the Cowboys in the NFC is for whatever reason he went back under center.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Kinky

yea i was kinda drunk off of blackberry whiskey.... rereading it now and its sounds hella weird

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I almost deleted that, but ultimately I do think it's better for Dallas. Your point about running the ball in the cold is absolutely fair. And I don't think either team has shown any significant home/road performance split. I just think that for Dak, playing at home in front of a friendly crowd and NOT in 20 degree weather is far more ideal. Rodgers isn't going to be hobbled by that same 20 degree weather.

I think it matters "a bit". A tiny bit, but I do think both teams would prefer to be playing at home, for good reason.
    It matters a great deal. Dak became the only rookie QB to ever win a game in GB. I don't think they want him to have to do it twice. And even though it's not like Seattle the crowd will quiet down when Dallas has the ball. That's gotta be huge for a rookie

Someone will win 35- 26 I just don't know who yet.I think Dallas is the better all around team but Rodgers can make that not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Someone will win 35- 26 I just don't know who yet.I think Dallas is the better all around team but Rodgers can make that not matter.
    You know the exact score, just not the winner. Makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Having 4 All Pros on offense=fairy tale.
    Having a look in your eye=key to NFL success.

You know the exact score, just not the winner. Makes sense.
    Who does know the winner?

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Who does know the winner?
    smh

Does every point anyone makes go over your head?
    Having 4 All Pros on offense=fairy tale.
    Having a look in your eye=key to NFL success.

already have wrigs over my knee.. my other knee is for you there son... sunday that *** belongs to me and the packers.
    Oh im posting in this thread during game day and you better not RUN!

Dak > Aaron Rodgers

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Dré View Post
    I don't think that most Cowboys fans don't appreciate what Romo has managed to do in Dallas. I think that it's mostly related to Romo's age, his propensity for injury the last couple of years, and that as much as football is a meritocracy, it is a meritocracy completely based on recency bias. What has Romo done the last two seasons? Not much, because he's been hurt. Dak on the other hand has had the benefit of being healthy, being younger, bigger, and stronger. He's also capable of being molded into the quarterback Garrett, Wilson, and Linehan covet. Romo is who he is. He will never be greater than he already is (if he can even ever stay healthy to be that again). Dak's ceiling is potentially greater because he is only beginning to scratch the surface of what he COULD become. He may never be better than Romo (merely a serviceable starter a la Alex Smith), or he may become truly transcendent. But, either option will be better than what Romo has to offer going forward. Even assuming Romo can stay healthy and recapture some of his magic, how many more years would you realistically give him?
    I dont agree with this because after the Vikings game, there were many Dallas fans who wanted Romo back for the strech run. The common arguement was playoffs and how Romos expirence would help him more than Dak. There was also a point on how frequent Tony threw over 300 yards when Dak doesnt do it much.

A lot of Cowboys fans I know, and the debate there was in the forum, we appreciate Tony more than you and others think

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post

Dak > Aaron Rodgers
    Simmah down now
    Yankees Farm System

smh

Does every point anyone makes go over your head?
    Who knows what the final score will be?

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Who knows what the final score will be?
    It's Like saying you know what the election result percentages will be on the dot but you don't know who will win. It's compete nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post

Dak > Aaron Rodgers
    Dak is not even better than Carr and if
    he was running the Raiders, they would not be as good. Rodgers and Carr are elite

Why we are champions of the World Series!

Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast