22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas Cowboys

10 45.45%
  • Green Bay Packers

12 54.55%
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Im sure that Jordy injury played a big part in the spread. I'm no handicapper, but I imagine that's worth a point or 2.
    Yeah I suppose that's probably true. Those Packers just scare me even without Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    I am confused that u just stated that Dallas defense is not near the level as the Giants?!? MTM stated you have a top notch defense so who is right?

I think Dallas defense is better than the Giants in any areas but not top notch but better than GB defense and it's not even close. Being modest doesn't necessarily change the facts but perhaps better at accepting defeat by understating it which you two are doing
    Well it's obvious that the Giants had a better defense than the Cowboys do. I'm not sure why you think they're really all that comparable. Dallas, at it's best, is a middle of the pack defense. The Giants, at their best, were playing like a top 5 unit. Most of the Cowboys success in numbers (points against and rushing yards against) has come from the fact that their offense dominates time of possession. Even given that, the Giants gave up only 17 points per game with a pretty bad offense compared to 19 a game for the Cowboys with the ball control offense.
    Yes their time of possession plays a big part but you neglect to give or even mention how great Zeke is nor their dominant o-line that makes it happen but constantly fearing Rodgers like a god which he is not. He's human or did you not watch or forgot that game they played during the regular season? I haven't and the spread are always based on matchups, not what GB did to the Giants.

Being elite is not easy cause you will be hated on but that's me

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
    This guy is great... keep talking
    He's a special kind of special, but that may actually be his most sane post yet (other than the whole stop Zeke again thing).

Every week his favorite team is a different team. Now he's rocking a Cubs sig which means we are now doomed again.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
    This guy is great... keep talking
    He's a special kind of special, but that may actually be his most sane post yet (other than the whole stop Zeke again thing).

Every week his favorite team is a different team. Now he's rocking a Cubs sig which means we are now doomed again.
    I been rocking this sig ever since the Cubs won the WS and when I root for a team to win is no different then any other sport fan but didn't know you only root for one team to win but I guess that's possible lol

Being elite is not easy cause you will be hated on but that's me

Well the Cowboys are at the beginning of their dynasty so the Packers have no chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

GB wine she owes you head. Dallas wins you let her give you head...
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    ...Yes, Aaron Rodgers is an all time great (though not the greatest as everyone on TV seems to believe)...
    Out of curiosity who have you seen that has been better? He's always had great protection, but even when the pocket breaks down, he's been great at making plays whilst scrambling/adjusting away from the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    I been rocking this sig ever since the Cubs won the WS and when I root for a team to win is no different then any other sport fan but didn't know you only root for one team to win but I guess that's possible lol
    It's one thing to like players on opposing teams and to also have a general appreciation for a sport (and/or sports). But you don't find anything wrong with rooting for more than one team?

This is the toughest game for me to pick. I picked the Packers before the playoffs started, but I'm having second thoughts. I think Green Bay has a few more flaws as a whole, but the gap in QB play is significant. It being played in Dallas matters a bit too.

I think Dallas is far more capable of exposing Green Bay's defensive ineptitude than the Giants were. Dallas' defense isn't great, but it's not awful. If they can negate the run game (their run defense is their strength) that'll make things easier. And that's certainly doable. No Jordy matters too.

I think Dallas is the better team, but Aaron is hot as hell and a hot as hell Aaron is the great equalizer.

So yeah, I think I'm back to leaning towards Dallas. I think both teams get near or into the 30s.
    this my sig

Like Big Cheese alluded to, this is a classic case of one team with a great running offense who will try to keep the other team's explosive offense off the field by controlling the clock. That could come down to whether underrated DT Mike Daniels can win his battles with Cowboys guards Zack Martin and/or Ronald Leary.

If Jordy Nelson was playing, I would pick Dallas by 3. But he's not, so Dallas by 10.
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 01-10-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    This is the toughest game for me to pick. I picked the Packers before the playoffs started, but I'm having second thoughts. I think Green Bay has a few more flaws as a whole, but the gap in QB play is significant. It being played in Dallas matters a bit too.

I think Dallas is far more capable of exposing Green Bay's defensive ineptitude than the Giants were. Dallas' defense isn't great, but it's not awful. If they can negate the run game (their run defense is their strength) that'll make things easier. And that's certainly doable. No Jordy matters too.

I think Dallas is the better team, but Aaron is hot as hell and a hot as hell Aaron is the great equalizer.

So yeah, I think I'm back to leaning towards Dallas. I think both teams get near or into the 30s.
    For me HFA means about nothing in this game. Playing in Dallas isn't like playing in KC/Seattle. Fans travel well, it's an attraction.

I think Dallas' best chance against GB was to play them in GB, in the cold, and pound the rock. Who wants to stand there below freezing and try to tackle that monster? I know HFA should account for something, it just doesn't feel like enough to change my mind like it would if Atlanta were heading to Seattle.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

For me HFA means about nothing in this game. Playing in Dallas isn't like playing in KC/Seattle. Fans travel well, it's an attraction.

I think Dallas' best chance against GB was to play them in GB, in the cold, and pound the rock. Who wants to stand there below freezing and try to tackle that monster? I know HFA should account for something, it just doesn't feel like enough to change my mind like it would if Atlanta were heading to Seattle.
    I almost deleted that, but ultimately I do think it's better for Dallas. Your point about running the ball in the cold is absolutely fair. And I don't think either team has shown any significant home/road performance split. I just think that for Dak, playing at home in front of a friendly crowd and NOT in 20 degree weather is far more ideal. Rodgers isn't going to be hobbled by that same 20 degree weather.

I think it matters "a bit". A tiny bit, but I do think both teams would prefer to be playing at home, for good reason.
    this my sig

Yea not a fan of people who root for a 1,000 teams and your Cubs will be fine . Not even a dush can ruin it

Quote Originally Posted by Dré View Post
    I see what you did there.

Out of curiosity who have you seen that has been better? He's always had great protection, but even when the pocket breaks down, he's been great at making plays whilst scrambling/adjusting away from the pressure.

It's one thing to like players on opposing teams and to also have a general appreciation for a sport (and/or sports). But you don't find anything wrong with rooting for more than one team?

Tom Brady. Nobody has controlled the outcome of a game more than he has. Brady has complete mastery of the game as he always knows and dictates what the other 21 men on the field does. It's not just throwing the ball, and I've never seen anybody better than Brady.

Inb4 Dak chokes and Cowboys fans hate him like they hated Romo forever.
    Also inb4 Dak gets hurt and Romo takes them to the SB.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Inb4 Dak chokes and Cowboys fans hate him like they hated Romo forever.
    Also inb4 Dak gets hurt and Romo takes them to the SB.
    Most Cowboys Fans <3 Romo
    Most Cowboys Fans would hate to see Dak get injured but would <3 X20 to see Romo be the one to lead them to the SB
    Yankees Farm System

Ib4 you get hit by that 18 wheeler

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Most Cowboys Fans <3 Romo
    Most Cowboys Fans would hate to see Dak get injured but would <3 X20 to see Romo be the one to lead them to the SB
    They can.

Just pop in Madden.

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast