View Poll Results: Who ya got?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steelers

9 64.29%
  • Chiefs

5 35.71%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    The Steelers and the Packers really are the two teams nobody wants to face right now, but that doesn't mean they are the best teams. I see them both losing this weekend, though they go down swinging. The Chiefs force you to beat them as they make so little mistakes. They are well coached, they don't turn the ball over, they have a strong defense, and they can put up points. On top of that they are playing at Arrowhead so I see it as too much for Big Ben and company.

Pittsburgh will keep it close and it will still be competitive by the 4th quarter, but the Chiefs will take over at some point. Arrowhead stadium is the third biggest home field advantage in football (behind only Foxborough and the 12th man in Seattle). Kansas City will do a much better job on the Steelers 3 than Miami and they will put up points.

Chiefs 33 Steelers 24

KC makes it ugly and wins a tight one.

I'll take the Steelers, but not because of the last time they played. I just think they're the better team. Also, losing ILB Derrick Johnson is a big blow. It will be close, perhaps down to the last play.

I think the Steelers win this pretty easily
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I'm still sticking with KC...though I'm rooting for Pittsburgh *barfs all over the floor*. I've been in Pittsburgh too long to have not had a Steelers/Patriots match up. Don't let me down, Pittsburgh.

Sure, the Steelers throttled the Chiefs in Week 4. But that was Week 4 and that was in Heinz. Things flip a lot because of that. Ben is essentially Blake Bortles when he's on the road. He will turn the ball over at least once...probably a couple times. I am worried about the Chiefs ability to slow Bell. Their run defense is pretty bad, and Bell is, you know, the best RB in the NFL. But I think they do enough to slow Ben and the pass attack, and I don't think they'll struggle to generate offense of their own. I still have concerns about the Steelers defense.

It's a good match up. Should be a good game.
    Holy ****, I hadn't noticed how bad he's been on the road this year. 3 good games (Skins/Colts/Bengals), 5 terrible games.

@PHI: 54%, 0 TD, 1 INT, 2 Fumbles = 62.4 passer rating
    @MIA: 56%, 1 TD, 2 INT = 57.1 passer rating
    @BAL: 51.1%, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 Fumbles = 67.3 passer rating
    @CLE: 64%, 4.6 YPA, 167 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT = 74.7 passer rating
    @BUF: 55%, 0 TD, 3 INT = 37.8 passer rating

KC has a better defense and a better HFA than all of those teams.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Holy ****, I hadn't noticed how bad he's been on the road this year. 3 good games (Skins/Colts/Bengals), 5 terrible games.

@PHI: 54%, 0 TD, 1 INT, 2 Fumbles = 62.4 passer rating
    @MIA: 56%, 1 TD, 2 INT = 57.1 passer rating
    @BAL: 51.1%, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 Fumbles = 67.3 passer rating
    @CLE: 64%, 4.6 YPA, 167 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT = 74.7 passer rating
    @BUF: 55%, 0 TD, 3 INT = 37.8 passer rating

KC has a better defense and a better HFA than all of those teams.
    Bens been pretty up and down but in all fairness to those last 3 games the weather was terrible and the run game WENT OFF.

I mean look at his stats from this WC game.
    13/18 197 2td 2int

Also asterisk that Miami game. He was actually decent until the knee injury.

PROCESSING

Also fwiw that's what his career has been typically.

Ben really needs a easy TD or deep pass early in the game an he settles. As an offense we are typically more conservative on the road, so it's harder for Ben to hit that early pass like that. He fails to get the rhythm, then he starts forcing stuff.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Also fwiw that's what his career has been typically.

Ben really needs a easy TD or deep pass early in the game an he settles. As an offense we are typically more conservative on the road, so it's harder for Ben to hit that early pass like that. He fails to get the rhythm, then he starts forcing stuff.
    Big Ben can make the tough TD passes look easy and with AB catching them, it's easy money for fantasy owners. I won big with him last week but if only I had Cobbs too but I did have Rodgers

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Pitt wins and I don't think it's gonna be that close.

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    Big Ben can make the tough TD passes look easy and with AB catching them, it's easy money for fantasy owners. I won big with him last week but if only I had Cobbs too but I did have Rodgers
    On AB's two TD passes last week he had something like 110 yards after the catch. They were both pretty simple passes. That was the absolute bulk of the good he did passing.

I think Bell is what will win this game for Pittsburgh. That's where KC is vulnerable. If Ben can just reign it in I think they'll be OK. But if he starts gunslinging, well, I don't think that's the recipe for success.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    On AB's two TD passes last week he had something like 110 yards after the catch. They were both pretty simple passes. That was the absolute bulk of the good he did passing.

I think Bell is what will win this game for Pittsburgh. That's where KC is vulnerable. If Ben can just reign it in I think they'll be OK. But if he starts gunslinging, well, I don't think that's the recipe for success.
    I agree on Bell and have him ready to go in my fantasy team. The Smith Lovers fan club is already making excuses why the lost was not on him

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

KC has a good shot unless they have to score with a long drive with only 2:30 left. Reid is bar none the most pathetic coach in the NFL in getting things done quickly.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Weather is going to be a huge factor. I read something along the lines of Ben is 16-2 in games in freezing temperatures, Smith is 5-6. QB's with small hands are going to struggle in freezing rain, and freezing weather. KC will struggle mightily to stop Juice without DJ. KC has a losing record at home in Arrowhead, so that was my original fear that has been slightly reduced.

I like KC, i love the way they were built. But i look at some of their deficiencies and I dont see them as a SB caliber team just quite yet. Not far away, but not quite there.

Steelers 24 KC 17

Gametime changed to 720.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Gametime changed to 720.
    Beat me to it. Tickets were down to $30 bucks to get in... started at $130. I'm guessing they'll shoot back up now

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast