Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should they expand the roster from 12 to 15 players?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Expand

5 100.00%
  • Keep it the same

0 0%

Should the roster for All-Star teams be expanded?

With the resurgence of "stars", do you think the roster should expand from 12 to 15? NBA benefits and fans of certain players who keep getting snubbed would have something to look for.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Absolutely. I forgot the rosters were only 12. wtf, at least have 15. There are so many fantastic players I wouldn't even mind the number being higher.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

The issue with expanding the roster is that guys just wont get to play... the 10-12th man on the roster already doesn't receive very many minutes ~10mins.

No. In addition to Phantasyyy's point, making more spots devalues the All-star selection even further. We could expand it to 20 and have every team send a representative. And everyone gets a participation trophy, too.

I'd say to 13. The NBA active roster has been 13 for a few seasons now.. That is what the ASG rosters should be.

Leave it as is. There have always been All-Star snubs

Who cares. It only means you played well and that in the past, the fans thougbt you were popular for 1/2 the season.

The NBA all first, second, third teams are what matters

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Olbrock View Post
    I'd say to 13. The NBA active roster has been 13 for a few seasons now.. That is what the ASG rosters should be.
    I agree with this. 15 would be too many but why have less than the active roster? Being an NBA All-Star actually means something unlike the other big 3 where every good player makes it at some point. Going to 13 wouldn't change that. 15 probably would.

At some point the number becomes ridiculous. Going from 12 to 13 doesn't bother me. Especially if 1 of the 13 is Zaza Pachulia.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    I think 15 is reasonable. It gets more teams involved, and then more fans will have a reason to watch.

There are several ideas people have bounced around. I certainly think the NBA might consider expanding the All-NBA format: two teams for each conference.

But there's the other side: if you expand it, you make it less prestigious. But the league has expanded as well. 12 guys when there were 4 teams in a conference? Now there are 15 teams.... so... there's that.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.