View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Texans

0 0%
  • Patriots

17 100.00%
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I feel like I can see the Pats getting straight up walked to the SB if they end up facing the Steelers in the AFCCG. The Pats couldn't ask for an easier path to the SB unless they end up playing KC, even then it might not matter.

I'm kind of afraid some bad luck is going to allow the Texans to win or something. That would be the absolute worst thing for the playoffs IMO. It's bad enough that both AFC WC games were garbage, but imagine if the AFCCG ends up being HOU vs anyone.

That said, I'm mostly expecting something like 34-13 Pats win.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

More Patriots fun facts: When the BB/Brady led Pats have the #1 seed they've made it to the SB 4 out of 5 times (winning 2 SBs in those trips). The one time the Pats didn't win the AFC with the #1 seed was the year the Jets upset the Pats in the divisional round (the same year Brady was returning from his ACL tear).

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    More Patriots fun facts: When the BB/Brady led Pats have the #1 seed they've made it to the SB 4 out of 5 times (winning 2 SBs in those trips). The one time the Pats didn't win the AFC with the #1 seed was the year the Jets upset the Pats in the divisional round (the same year Brady was returning from his ACL tear).
    That was actually 2 years after. The year after they lose to Ray Rice in the divisional round.

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    That was actually 2 years after. The year after they lose to Ray Rice in the divisional round.
    Ah, good call I got my years mixed up. 4 out of 5 speaks for itself though, Brady is tough as **** at home, having only lost 3 home playoff games in his career.

one area where i expect the patriots to capitalize is on special teams.

going by DVOA, the texans have the 32nd ranked st while the patriots are 7th. if the texans consistently start with terrible field position that's going to really limit what osweiler can do

Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    one area where i expect the patriots to capitalize is on special teams.

going by DVOA, the texans have the 32nd ranked st while the patriots are 7th. if the texans consistently start with terrible field position that's going to really limit what osweiler can do
    I wouldn't be surprised if they took the same approach in this game as hey did in the Denver game. If the Pats don't turnover the ball multiple times in their own territory, they win. I don't see Osweiler having many long drives.

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

I feel like I can see the Pats getting straight up walked to the SB if they end up facing the Steelers in the AFCCG. The Pats couldn't ask for an easier path to the SB unless they end up playing KC, even then it might not matter.

I'm kind of afraid some bad luck is going to allow the Texans to win or something. That would be the absolute worst thing for the playoffs IMO. It's bad enough that both AFC WC games were garbage, but imagine if the AFCCG ends up being HOU vs anyone.

Maybe the Texans can fix this game like the Seahawks do lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Maybe the Texans can fix this game like the Seahawks do lol.
    I'm not sure if the Seahawks even have power over Gillette Stadium in January lol

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Houston gets the upset.

Texans by 5.
    Texans need a +5 on the TO's to be sure of winning, but they better get at least 2 TD's on the turnovers because their QB is a ponderous disaster running that O and he's going to be cold and confused most of the night.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    This game is the only one of the divisional round that won't be interesting. I mean, Houston is respectable but this game is already over. Houston has no shot in this game, none. I don't believe the Patriots will look to embarrass the Texans because they have a good relationship with that coaching staff but I expect the Patriots to control the game in all three phases. I believe the Patriots will not allow Clowney to succeed and they will be intent on stopping the running game and limiting Hopkins. They will force Osweiler to defeat them with his arm, something he will incapable of doing.

On the other hand, Tom Brady is going to be Tom Brady. Get rid of the ball within 2.5 seconds, hitting Jules and Amendola in the slot, to Martellus up the middle, to the running backs on the sidelines, and possibly down the field Mitchell or Floyd. The Patriots will have their way on offense.

Ultimately I don't see the score being ridiculous (if it gets really bad we'll see Jimmy G), but I see the Patriots winning handily.

Patriots 31 Texans 13
    Bingo. Stop Clowney and the run. Force O to air it out. If the Pats get up 14-0 inside the first 10 min, it could be 42-6 sort of game with at least 2 TD's set up off of picks. Assuming Houston's D stands up, then 23-9.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Houston gets the upset.

Texans by 5.
    Texans need a +5 on the TO's to be sure of winning, but they better get at least 2 TD's on the turnovers because their QB is a ponderous disaster running that O and he's going to be cold and confused most of the night.
    Its okay to make excuses for them, just don't put money on them unless u want to lose

Warriors are Champions by sacrificing their individual play for the team. You either win as a team or you don't win which we as fans appreciate!

I hope Bill O'Brien has his team ready to play but I see a 31-10 game all the way in favor of NE.

Aaron Judge- MLB's Next Rising Star!

It's go time, plain and simple. NE as a whole (fans, players, coaches, front office) has been waiting for these playoffs since the B.S. 4 game suspension and lack of #1 pick. This is it folks... this is when we come out swinging. If you've ever been to the hall at Patriot place and was lucky enough to catch the 20 min documentary about the history of the Patriots you know the feeling, you know exactly how pumped up this team will be for the final 3 games of the season. I feel like we haven't shown the league anything we plan of doing offensively or defensively this year, Dion Lewis will be used more and I doubt the league is even aware of that weapon. Winning out is the only option, this is our year... this is us cementing the legacy! Let's FCUKIN GO!!!

Just because the Texans played so poorly in the regular season, doesn't mean they are that bad. They definitely aren't that bad on paper and they played decent last week. I don't expect them to beat the Parriots, but if they do it won't be because of bad luck. For a great team like the Pats to even let it get so close to where bad luck could be a factor, would mean they just aren't as good as everyone thinks because great teams don't let an average team get that close to winning!

45-10 pats. This is a mismatch unless if Merculus and Clowney dominate the line of scrimmage. Litteraly the only chance I see the Texans having

First Sim League Title!

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast