View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Texans

0 0%
  • Patriots

17 100.00%
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!

AFC Divisional Round: #4 Houston Texans at #1 New England Patriots

AFC Divisional Round

#4 Texans (9-7)
    vs.
    #1 Patriots (14-2)

@

Date: Saturday, January 14
    Time: 8:15 PM EST

TV: CBS

PASSING

~VS~

Brock Osweiler - ATT 510 / COMP 301 / TD 15 / YDS 2957
    Tom Brady - ATT 432 / COMP 291 / TD 28 / YDS 3554

RUSHING

~VS~

Lamar Miller - ATT 268 / AVG 4.0 / TD 5 / YDS 1073
    LeGarrette Blount - ATT 299 / AVG 3.9 / TD 18 / YDS 1161

RECEIVING

~VS~

DeAndre Hopkins - REC 78 / AVG 12.2 / TD 4 / YDS 954
    Julian Edelman - REC 98 / AVG 11.3 / TD 3 / YDS 1106

TACKLES

~VS~

Benardrick McKinney - SOLO 79 / AST 50 / TOT 129
    Logan Ryan - SOLO 74 / AST 18 / TOT 92

INTERCEPTIONS

~VS~

Quintin Demps - 6
    Malcolm Butler - 4

Click For Full Regular Season Stats
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Patriots wins in a cake walk but who will win tonight?

https://youtu.be/w2e8NcZTq1I
    Made famous by CK

Cubs are the world champions!

Aaaand next week the AFCCG is NE vs....

How many O'le blocks does Clowney see this week?

PROCESSING

This will be the sixth year in a row that the Patriots play in the AFC Championship game. They will win this game because they are so interesting:

Their players get presented with game balls -- from opposing coaches.

When their quarterback takes a knee, they still gain positive yardage.

The "Visitors" side of their stadium scoreboard only has one digit -- because it's all that's necessary.

In the playoffs, they always earn the #1 seed -- in both conferences.

Their game film has won Academy Awards.

They are -- the most interesting team in the league.

The Patriots don't always embarrass their opponents. But when they do, they prefer to embarrass the Texans.

Watch football, my friends.

Houston gets the upset.

Texans by 5.

Yawn....

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

I don't expect a 27-0 repeat from earlier in the season, but I think NE wins something like 24-10

.220/.260/.382
    A-BOMBS: 8
    RBI:28

If pats win this will be Brady's 11 afccg. 11/15 is pretty nuts and if they win that he will have 7/15 SBs. Even if you don't like the team coach and Tom you have to step back and acknowledge how rare and special this has been. I honestly don't think I'll ever see it again from any team in my lifetime. Thank you so very much Tom and Bill for years of hard work and never having enough. That to me is the most mind blowing aspect of the situation. They are still hungry. So many guys in the league are happy with the check every week and you have these two who could quit anytime in the past 5 years and would be in the hall but they want more and won't stop

Ugh is it Saturday yet
    Proud to be PSD's Legarrette

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    If pats win this will be Brady's 11 afccg. 11/15 is pretty nuts and if they win that he will have 7/15 SBs. Even if you don't like the team coach and Tom you have to step back and acknowledge how rare and special this has been. I honestly don't think I'll ever see it again from any team in my lifetime. Thank you so very much Tom and Bill for years of hard work and never having enough. That to me is the most mind blowing aspect of the situation. They are still hungry. So many guys in the league are happy with the check every week and you have these two who could quit anytime in the past 5 years and would be in the hall but they want more and won't stop

Ugh is it Saturday yet
    To bad they aren't facing a respectable opponent. Next week should be a lot more interesting match up at least one that is worth watching.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I don't expect a 27-0 repeat from earlier in the season, but I think NE wins something like 24-10
    Are you implying that Garoppolo is a better QB than Brady at home against the same team? Well it just seems that way since the Texans defense was better during that game than now based on injury report and stats. Brady at home will slice and dice that defense in the freezing cold, not in the Astrodome. Brock is awful on the road and don't think that will change.

38-0 wipeout!
    Last edited by eDush; 01-10-2017 at 01:14 AM.

Cubs are the world champions!

I don't think this game will be nearly as lopsided as most are projecting. I'm guessing it'll be within 10 points. Osweiler played a lot better last game and if he keeps it up the game should at least stay interesting.

My guess is a score of something like: 27-17 or 27-20 Patriots.

Did the Texans even get past midfield the last time they played NE? That would be the football version of a no-hitter.

This game is the only one of the divisional round that won't be interesting. I mean, Houston is respectable but this game is already over. Houston has no shot in this game, none. I don't believe the Patriots will look to embarrass the Texans because they have a good relationship with that coaching staff but I expect the Patriots to control the game in all three phases. I believe the Patriots will not allow Clowney to succeed and they will be intent on stopping the running game and limiting Hopkins. They will force Osweiler to defeat them with his arm, something he will incapable of doing.

On the other hand, Tom Brady is going to be Tom Brady. Get rid of the ball within 2.5 seconds, hitting Jules and Amendola in the slot, to Martellus up the middle, to the running backs on the sidelines, and possibly down the field Mitchell or Floyd. The Patriots will have their way on offense.

Ultimately I don't see the score being ridiculous (if it gets really bad we'll see Jimmy G), but I see the Patriots winning handily.

Patriots 31 Texans 13

I'm trying to talk myself into worrying about the Texans but I just can't quite get there. I feel like I spend most of my effort every year in the playoffs convincing myself that the Patriots can lose every game they play as some sort of defensive/coping mechanism. But a Patriots loss on Saturday would be the biggest blunder in the BB/TB era.

I think Houston has some nice talent on the defensive side, and maybe that keeps them close early on, but I can't see them keeping it up. The Texans at best can pose as some sort of 2015 Broncos-lite...but it's definitely lite on both sides of the ball. And unlike the 2015 Patriots, the 2016 iteration can run the ball and pass protect. Maybe they slow the pass attack a little, but their run defense isn't special.

I could see the Pats starting off slow (like they are prone to at times) but eventually running away with it. 27-11 or something weird.
    this my sig

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast