Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Which Team Wins in a 7-Game Series

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st seed

    10 62.50%
  • 2nd seed

    4 25.00%
  • GMs click here

    2 12.50%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    34,462

    All-Time Playoffs Finals Matchup: 1st seed versus 2nd seed

    GMs used private auction bids to acquire players and form a roster. There were 12 playoff teams, and each matchup is up to PSD users to vote on for a winner to move onto the next round. All players are healthy, using their multi-year primes to base their production on. Who wins this matchup in a 7-game series?

    1st seed
    PG: Alvin Robertson | Baron Davis
    SG: Michael Jordan | Allan Houston
    SF: Glen Rice | Billy Cunningham
    PF: Kevin Love | Dave Cowens | Serge Ibaka
    C: Hakeem Olajuwon | Dave Cowens


    2nd seed
    C: Wilt Chamberlain/Jack Sikma
    PF: Tim Duncan/Wes Unseld
    SF: Peja Stojakovic/Bernard King
    SG: Paul George/ Jimmy Butler
    PG: Mark Price/Mookie Blaylock



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    25,998
    This is exactly the reason why you want Alvin Robertson. He would do great on Mark Price. He would still get dogged by Magic though. I almost want Jordan to go on Peja just so he could swallow him up and then Dhop's only play-maker for an all-time finals would be Paul George. Yikes. But I don't think Valade needs to get that cute. He can just play straight up. The obvious sticking point here is Duncan vs. Love. How much can Duncan dominate that matchup? Maybe this is the time Valade goes more to Cowens? Tough call. My gut says Team 1 still wins this in a landslide but I'm hoping for a dogfight. Will wait at least for opening arguments before placing my vote.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    18,623
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    This is exactly the reason why you want Alvin Robertson. He would do great on Mark Price. He would still get dogged by Magic though. I almost want Jordan to go on Peja just so he could swallow him up and then Dhop's only play-maker for an all-time finals would be Paul George. Yikes. But I don't think Valade needs to get that cute. He can just play straight up. The obvious sticking point here is Duncan vs. Love. How much can Duncan dominate that matchup? Maybe this is the time Valade goes more to Cowens? Tough call. My gut says Team 1 still wins this in a landslide but I'm hoping for a dogfight. Will wait at least for opening arguments before placing my vote.
    Will have time for a more full lineup later tonight but yes the sole reason I kept Cowens was specifically for this matchup. Cowens will get more playing time to combat Duncan.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,910
    It's tough admitting that a Duncan team paired with Wilt is not enough.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    18,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    It's tough admitting that a Duncan team paired with Wilt is not enough.
    Imagine admitting an MJ/Hakeem team isn't enough lol.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,403

    All-Time Playoffs Finals Matchup: 1st seed versus 2nd seed

    Ya I think this is a pretty easy call for team one tbh but I will wait for a write up.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    36,880
    I blame the GM who traded Hakeem to a ****ing Jordan team/. ****ING DONKey

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    I blame the GM who traded Hakeem to a ****ing Jordan team/. ****ING DONKey
    Lol he woulda had Kareem if we didn't make that 3 way trade.

    I blame idiots who overspent on the following tiers allowing the top duos to round out their teams nicely...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    34,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    I blame the GM who traded Hakeem to a ****ing Jordan team/. ****ING DONKey
    would you have preferred Jordan/Kareem then?



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    25,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3:31395870
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    I blame the GM who traded Hakeem to a ****ing Jordan team/. ****ING DONKey
    would you have preferred Jordan/Kareem then?
    Would he have had $ to fill roster?


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    38,323
    I agree with others that say they need to see a great argument from both sides first. Because I can see ways for both teams to win this.

    PROCESSING

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    40,587
    I wouldn't start Love here.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    34,462
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Would he have had $ to fill roster?
    Kareem cost only $8.5M more than Hakeem - considering there were guys that weren't bid on at all, I say easily



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    40,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Kareem cost only $8.5M more than Hakeem - considering there were guys that weren't bid on at all, I say easily
    Really? Then how come we couldn't land a plethora of 3-d guys?


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    18,623
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Would he have had $ to fill roster?
    I looked and yes with the caveat that it wouldn't have been as good. I won Cowens at $4 mil and Porter, Rice and Alvin at $6, $6 and $6.5, meaning I would have had to forgo my bid on Alvin and without Porter as a trade Chip would not have been able to trade for Love. So I'd likely have had a lineup of:

    Porter - MJ - Rice - Cowens - Kareem with ZERO quality bench.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •