Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Yea sorry but giving up a 1st and 2nd for a 4-3 LB who doesn't rush the passer and has one year left on his contract is lunacy.

Also lets please stop with the Tannehill vs Moore talk, it never goes anywhere and just pisses people off on each side. Both played well under Gase and that is all I care about and both will be back next year, about 99% sure on that. So let's keep this thread about the draft and FA please.

For me and you can go look at my post history between weeks 1-5 of this season, I was bashing Tannehill... But the rest of the season he showed me something else and I'll be honest he won me over! Does that mean that the QB position is set for the next 15 years? No... I would like to take a flyer on Mahomes from Texas Tech in the later rounds.

But Tannehill led us to an 8-5 record this year before he got hurt. He grew mentally, he also grew in the pocket with his ability to move in the pocket, and he finally began to run when it was available.

In my eyes (I played QB and FS in high school and Division 3 college whatever that is worth) Tannehill, grew a lot... in 2017 HE MUST AND IT IS MANDATORY THAT HE PROGRESSES!! (caps lock for effect) this is all just my opinion of what I saw from Tanny.

Next season I am expecting growth, but I also realize he is coming off of an knee injury that is going to have him feel uncomfortable in the early stage of the season (refer to Joe Flacco).

see a lot of mock drafts with Jabrill Peppers being the top defensive guy slipping

also see a lot of them with us drafting OJ Howard. I wont complain with that
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-10-2017 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    see a lot of mock drafts with Jabrill Peppers being the top defensive guy slipping

I'd be shocked if Peppers drops to 23, but anything is possible especially with that Clemson win... If Peppers drops to the Phins that would be some great luck... His passion alone would do wonders for the Phins...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post

I think OJ Howard just bumped himself into the top 20 with that performance. He is legit! I think Howard is a luxury pick imo. Now if Peppers dropped to 22, I would be dumbfounded. He is a baller in the mold of Deone Buchanon for ARZ . . . and I would take him all day long.

If I had to chose between Howard and Peppers at 22 . . . I would go with Peppers just because our defense needs more help than our offense. But Howard has all the tools to quickly become one of the best in the NFL.

my probable targets in the 1st rd, who have the chance to be available at #22, would be, in order as of today:

1. DE Solomon Thomas
    2. DT Malik McDowell
    3. DE DeMarcus Walker
    4. LB Zach Cunningham
    5. S Malik Hooker
    6. OL Cam Robinson
    7. TE OJ Howard
    8. S/CB Desmond King
    9. DE Duane Smoot
    10. RB Christian McCaffrey

I would make it a focal point to beef up our defensive line. I really like McDowell to rotate with Suh and Philips. He is bred to rush the passer and he is good at stopping the run as well. I'd love Thomas, but something tells me he goes top 15.

I believe Cam Robinson would be a fantastic RT in the future if we decide to part ways with James, and he can slide in at RG day 1 and excel for us. It would be a smart pick for our OL.

I listed McCaffrey because I think he would excel in Gase's system . . . and I don't want to see him go to the Pats.
    Last edited by CeltBruinSoxFan; 01-10-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    my probable targets in the 1st rd, who have the chance to be available at #22, would be, in order as of today:

1. DE Solomon Thomas
    2. DT Malik McDowell
    3. DE DeMarcus Walker
    4. LB Zach Cunningham
    5. S Malik Hooker
    6. OL Cam Robinson
    7. TE OJ Howard
    8. S/CB Desmond King
    9. DE Duane Smoot
    10. RB Christian McCaffrey

I would make it a focal point to beef up our defensive line. I really like McDowell to rotate with Suh and Philips. He is bred to rush the passer and he is good at stopping the run as well. I'd love Thomas, but something tells me he goes top 15.

I believe Cam Robinson would be a fantastic RT in the future if we decide to part ways with James, and he can slide in at RG day 1 and excel for us. It would be a smart pick for our OL.

I listed McCaffrey because I think he would excel in Gase's system . . . and I don't want to see him go to the Pats.
    I would stick with James one more season under Gase and see if he picks up his game... Hopefully the Phins can find a OG or maybe a C somewhere in the mid rounds...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Malik Hooker will not be there at 22, I don't think he makes it out of the top 10 possible top 5.

Hooker is this years Earl Thomas. His coverage skills are amazing. There's no way he drops to us.

I wouldn't be upset if we drafted Howard. It would be tough to overlook the defense but Howard could be that piece to help take the offense to the next step. Outside of consistent oline play, consistent TE play is the next problem with our offense. Sims was awful as a blocker and Howard would be able to help open the edge for Ajayi plus he'd easily open up the passing game. But I will say this about that position. I only want Sims or snag Jake Butt in the 4th or 5th after his injury. Howard because he's a great talent and Butt because of the value. Outside of that I don't see anyone that I feel is worth drafting over defense/oline.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Re-sign Stills
    Re-sign Jones
    Extend Landry
    Cut Williams
    Anybody either comes back cheap or not at all

I don't watch college football and begin my player evals based off consensus mocks. With that said draft BPA. Unless a position of need is very close on your board to BPA. It never hurts to add talent. If we can find a way to bring Odrick back do it. Defensive line has been a problem since he left. He plays DT with a brain and it was impressive while here.

If you watched those games and still think Moore is better than RT17 than we just view the position differently and there is no amount of chat that will change that. For my money RT17 showed with help he's a top 10 qb.

Philbin was really that bad huh. Ol' queasy Joe. Glad we have a coach now and just as I thought there is talent here. Excited for 2017/18

The consensus appears to be resign WR Stills. This provides RT17 and the offense with consistency. I think Stills could have become expendable if WR Parker was able to grow and become the immediate threat we had all hoped for him to be.

WR Stills will be commanding a big contract considering his age (25) and 2017 cap room. 5 yr 50 million is not something that I'm thrilled about, but it's a reality that WR Stills will be offered this.

Just remember what Minnesota Vikings offered ($76 million) WR Mike Wallace 4 yrs ago when he choose Miami instead at 60 million.

For this reason, I'm not sure Miami locks WR Stills up long term. I'd like to see him return, but remember this regime let young players (DE Vernon and RB Miller) walk last offseason. Miami obviously thought they had something in RB Ajayi and felt they could replace Vernon with a cheaper veteran alternative.

Carroo was a major disappointment this year, but I think he still has a future on this team. He has shown the ability to track deep balls in college and make big plays / TD's.

One name I'll throw out there is WR Noah Brown Ohio State. He can fly and track balls, but also has the build at 6'2 220lbs. Has the size this team needs for run blocking as well. He is still learning the position as he played RB in High School and lost 2014 season because of ACL tear. His numbers were not great this season, neither was the offense or QB play at Ohio State. WR Brown should be attainable in the 5th round at earliest. Expect him to have a good showing at combine as well.
    Last edited by limebalz05; 01-11-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Vance Joseph is expected to get Denver job.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Vance Joseph is expected to get Denver job.
    I believe he is the best option available for them. Would be a good hire. I think Matt Burke as DC is a logical choice for us to keep the same system in tact for us. Still a young, fresh mind for the defense.

It is official, Vance Joseph is the Broncos HC and Mike McCoy will be the OC. I like that hire, AFC West is going to tough next season

Burke is expected to be named DC soon.

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast