Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 1016
  1. #556
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Dion reportedly can't even run well anymore, his NFL days are done. I'm not sure why they still have him on the roster tat this point. Reportedly he has some off field issue as well, maybe they are trying to help him in that regard before they cut him.
    Too bad... Phibin should bring him where ever he goes... Start with Indy...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  2. #557
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    193
    Raiders signed LB Jelani Jenkins, formerly of the Dolphins.

    Jenkins is coming off a miserable season in Miami, but he battled a nagging knee injury all year long and just turned 25 years old. He's worth a look as a reclamation project in Oakland. When healthy, Jenkins has flashed plus pass-coverage skills and can chase sideline to sideline. He'll play weak-side linebacker or compete to replace Malcolm Smith inside depending on the formation.

  3. #558
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,681
    I hope Jelani can get back to his 2014 ways. some much potential for us. As for Dion, there has to be an underlying reason they are keeping him on the roster. Whoever said he can't run could be talking out their buttholes. Gase would cut bait if he didn't think the guy could offer anything to us. He's not Gase's draft pick so . . .

  4. #559
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    6,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    A good DT can be found in the 2nd or the 3rd round... The top DT's are usually scooped up with the first 15 picks if there is one... This year it seems like slim pickings at the DT...

    I still think the Phins are going to have a great opportunity to draft quality at 22 because players are gonna fall... If Robinson or Ramczyk fall to 22 IMO it's a no brainer to take one of them...

    I think Wormley or Godchaux would be a great value at 54 for the DL...

    I also think Jarrad Davis would be a solid pick up to learn from Timmons...
    Elite DTs are not in abundance this year, but if McDowell was there at 22, then I believe that it would be a solid value pick (though honestly, he's probably off the board top 15 like you said). I have to admit that the thought of lining him up next to Suh had me drooling a bit, but since we spent our 2nd on the position last season, I definitely feel like we may be investing too much into DT.

    My question, is why you feel that Robinson or Ramczyk should be the pick if they are there. They are both projected as tackles at the next level (even if Robinson may project moving to the right side). We already spent two first round picks for the tackles that we do have...and a first on our center. I don't know why we would grab one of those two and move them inside. I agree that it worked out with Tunsil, but we drafted him as the future LT...we knew he was just a guard for one year (because we were desperate and already invested in the position with Albert). Personally, I would rather take the guy who's projected to be a star guard in the NFL...Lamp all the way if we go that route IMO.


    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    So I'm not gonna throw names out, but based on the idea that we want a starter in the first 2 rounds I think that leaves 2 positions to look at, FS and OG. On paper I think we have our starters at LB (Kiko Timmons and Misi) and Dline (Branch Phillips Suh and Wake). Again, I'm not saying I personally like all of that, but the way the staff is talking about everyone and the money given out I don't see how those guys aren't starters.

    Larsen, Bushrod and Nate Allen didn't get paid a lot and all seem like guys that are promised to be given a shot to win the job but no guarantee. So draft a likely starter for both spots in the first, then spend the rest of the draft getting guys who are good players that can develop like last year. When you look at the depth in this draft it makes sense. OG isn't deep and even though there are some good FS options throughout the draft, it's not nearly as deep as LB or DE.

    My board would be
    1st OG
    2nd FS
    3rd DT
    then LB and DE. Fill holes early on and get some guys to develop.
    I think your logic here is spot on. Given all of the "clues" that we have, I believe that your board would be exactly right. Now it's not to say that this is how it all goes down of course...someone may slip and we simply won't be able to pass on them. But if things go as expected, I could see us going OG (need elite early), FS (best value in 2nd), and DT depth (best value for a rotational player with the chance to play early)...in that order. You're so smart Kody!

    Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    For those that question Cunningham

    http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpo...ch-cunningham/

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/col...ever-heard-of/ - written 10 months ago but still relevant to him
    I'm not sure if you are agreeing that Cunningham has his flaws, or if you think that everyone is wrong on their assessment. Those articles pretty much say the exact same things that I've been saying...great player in every way...except for his ability to tackle consistently (and that's certainly not at the NFL level). The guy has everything that you are looking for (smarts, speed, height, ability, leadership, recognition, etc...). But his main job will be to make tackles in the NFL, and I believe (as the analysts have agreed), that he struggles with this aspect of his game (even if others have been worse statistically, you still have to see what translates to the NFL and what doesn't). I foresee him simply getting run over for at least a season or two before he's (hopefully) strong enough to function at the next level. Until then, I believe that he'll be a liability in the run game (as he gets run over or simply whiffs on tackles). Maybe he pans out long-term, can't say for sure. But initially, I think he will get owned by offensive lines and ball carriers. I have read that if he moves outside (away from the Mike), then his "lack of strength shouldn't be as big of an issue".
    Last edited by Vegas_Phin1; 03-20-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    Coming Soon...Isaac Asiata

  5. #560
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,387
    ^^^^I know, I'm pretty great man. I've always been right on the Dolphins and their moves.

    But in all seriousness, I'm just trying to look at the depth of the draft and base it off need. This staff seems totally mean it when they want to stick to their board which I really hope they do. The only problem is if they really do go BPA then we'll see some really poor play from some key positions. I just don't think people really understand how bad Larsen and Bushrod would be as a combo and how much of a risk it is for Allen to start.

  6. #561
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    Elite DTs are not in abundance this year, but if McDowell was there at 22, then I believe that it would be a solid value pick (though honestly, he's probably off the board top 15 like you said). I have to admit that the thought of lining him up next to Suh had me drooling a bit, but since we spent our 2nd on the position last season, I definitely feel like we may be investing too much into DT.

    My question, is why you feel that Robinson or Ramczyk should be the pick if they are there. They are both projected as tackles at the next level (even if Robinson may project moving to the right side). We already spent two first round picks for the tackles that we do have...and a first on our center. I don't know why we would grab one of those two and move them inside. I agree that it worked out with Tunsil, but we drafted him as the future LT...we knew he was just a guard for one year (because we were desperate and already invested in the position with Albert). Personally, I would rather take the guy who's projected to be a star guard in the NFL...Lamp all the way if we go that route IMO.
    The same way Tunsil held his own at LG, having a top level prospect play OG for a year and then move on from James after the season... (He's terrible IMO)... Your bookends plus Pouncey (if he can come back healthy) for the next bunch of years are set... I don't think they fall due to lack of talent, I just see this draft going D heavy in the 1st rd... The money has been spent on offense between RT, Stills and Landry's next... Ajayi has shown the potential... Solidify the line IF the chance is there... Will they fall to 22, maybe not, but if they do IMO you pick one of them up...

    By taking a top OL prospect in the 1st, the rest of the draft focus hard on filling defensive holes at every level...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  7. #562
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,479
    After reading the latest Miami Herald article on PSD, it tells me Gase wants the best line he can field... Making sure Pouncey gets a chance to be fully healthy for the 17'/18' season tells me he wants to keep improving the line... Not necessarily through spending $$ though...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  8. #563
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,662
    Some of you are hating on players just because you don't know too much about them or because you're basing your opinion based on past performance. O-Line guys typically take years to develop. Guys like Zach Martin or Pouncey that burst onto the field and are immediate pro-bowl type guys are rare, just like in any other position. They need to get stronger, figure out technique. Unlike other positions, OG/C age well (health permitting) and actually improve.

    We had the 30th ranked O-Line last year. Only reason we weren't dead last was because of the few games Pouncey gave us as elite, Juwan James' 2nd half of the season and Albert/Tunsil were ehhh... ok/mediocre. Steen and Bushrod were literally the worst players at their positions which dragged us down big time. It just wasn't overly evident because Bushrod could sorta pass protect but run blocking was the worst, but Ajayi just kept breaking tackles we didn't notice all that much.

    Larsen had a 72.3 PFF grade last year and has been a serviceable OG for a while. He played better than Tunsil last year. And Tunsil will be better than Albert. And James had a very good 2nd half of the season and was our O-Line guy to play the whole year. Our only real weakness right now is Bushrod. If we draft Lamp our O-Line will be very good. The issue being Pouncey gets hurt a lot, Tunsil doesn't seem to be an iron man and we have no solid backups at tackle. Anyone hating on Larsen or James shouldn't, because they're probably going to be our healthiest and most consistent producers. The problem is Pouncey's hip and Bushrod.
    BRUH

  9. #564
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,662
    Dolphins signed LB Kiko Alonso to a four-year, $28.8 million contract.

    "The deal reportedly includes $18.5 million guaranteed. For whatever reason, this was one of the Dolphins' top goals this offseason. Alonso was a restricted free agent tendered at the first-round ($3.91 million) level. Alonso didn't necessarily stay healthy in 2016, dealing with hand and hamstring injuries, but he finally stayed on the field. He played over 1,000 snaps across 15 games, ringing up 115 tackles, two interceptions and a forced fumble. Pro Football Focus rated his play as below average, but the Dolphins obviously see room for improvement. The 'Fins have dabbled with the idea of moving MLB Alonso to the weak-side, but he seems to want to remain in the middle. " - Rotoworld blurb

    First off - F U Roto you biased Jets fans from NY... Average PFF player is 60, Kiko got a 73. 80+ is probowl type level. So they're idiots. And he played hurt and will be even better as a WLB. I don't love the contract at all and we could've been jerks about it, made him play on a 2nd round tender on the cheap and sign Zach Brown on a one year deal and then lock him up. Or let someone sign him away and with the extra 2nd draft his replacement. Apparently we really like him and also like the Cuban/fanbase aspect as well. Anyway. Hope he stays healthy and kills it for us.
    BRUH

  10. #565
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Paterson, New Jersey
    Posts
    3,806
    ROTO is bias and little b###### run that site. They glamour everything the Jets did last yr

  11. #566
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    6,318
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    ^^^^I know, I'm pretty great man. I've always been right on the Dolphins and their moves.

    But in all seriousness, I'm just trying to look at the depth of the draft and base it off need. This staff seems totally mean it when they want to stick to their board which I really hope they do. The only problem is if they really do go BPA then we'll see some really poor play from some key positions. I just don't think people really understand how bad Larsen and Bushrod would be as a combo and how much of a risk it is for Allen to start.
    I was messing with you, but being serious also. Your thinking on the matter is dead on I believe. If everything the FO is saying is true, then barring some unforeseen addition to the team, we will highly likely go after the top OG in round one. If Lamp is off the board, then they may go ahead and go after their top FS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    The same way Tunsil held his own at LG, having a top level prospect play OG for a year and then move on from James after the season... (He's terrible IMO)... Your bookends plus Pouncey (if he can come back healthy) for the next bunch of years are set... I don't think they fall due to lack of talent, I just see this draft going D heavy in the 1st rd... The money has been spent on offense between RT, Stills and Landry's next... Ajayi has shown the potential... Solidify the line IF the chance is there... Will they fall to 22, maybe not, but if they do IMO you pick one of them up...

    By taking a top OL prospect in the 1st, the rest of the draft focus hard on filling defensive holes at every level...
    I'm not disagreeing with addressing the O-line in the first; I was just surprised with going after an OT to play guard. I just don't see them moving on from James at RT; he was their first-round pick just a few seasons ago. If we draft another OT, play him at guard, and then move him next year, then we'll be using our first next year on yet another offensive linemen (in all likelihood) to patch the newly vacant guard position...again. We just can't go o-line 3 out of every 4 years and expect to make progress IMO. If Lamp is on the board at 22, then I believe that he's the pick (barring some unforeseen miracle player dropping to us or someone jumping us to get him). He is expected to be on-par with Zach Martin (who I also wanted the year he was drafted)...a perennial pro bowler. As I read previously, drafting Lamp could give us "the most dominant left side in the NFL" (and a top 5 offensive line). I think our nicked up QB and our run-based offense would definitely be on-board with that addition.

    Quote Originally Posted by limebalz05 View Post
    ROTO is bias and little b###### run that site. They glamour everything the Jets did last yr
    All of the bias gets annoying. It's so dumb to get bashed in EVERYTHING that I read about Miami. No matter what we do, it gets a "D-". Last I checked, the Jets are on track to be even worse than the Browns. I could see the Jets being a top 3 pick for the next few seasons. I'm sure it's just their "A+" approach to everything that they do.
    Last edited by Vegas_Phin1; 03-21-2017 at 09:01 PM.
    Coming Soon...Isaac Asiata

  12. #567
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,387
    And I was joking too lol. Don't take everything so serious Vegas

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  13. #568
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    26,038
    Zach Brown came and visited and left without a deal but seems we where kinda close, still in the running for him.

  14. #569
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    6,318
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    And I was joking too lol. Don't take everything so serious Vegas
    F##K off Kody! I'll take stuff however I want!
    Coming Soon...Isaac Asiata

  15. #570
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    6,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Zach Brown came and visited and left without a deal but seems we where kinda close, still in the running for him.
    The article I read (link below) stated "At the moment, the Dolphins and Brown are not close on money. But Brown has by no means ruled out the Dolphins if more financially lucrative options do not emerge."

    I fear that the money just isn't going to be where Brown needs it to be...he's going to have to get rejected by a couple more teams before the asking price comes down (and I figure that someone is going to pay him closer to what he wants than we are).


    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...139857228.html
    Coming Soon...Isaac Asiata

Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •