Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Celt got it right. It's all about getting strong leaders to groom the next group of young men. Draft could be very defensive heavy!

Armando is saying Safety Nate Allen signing is looking probable.

Difficult to get excited about Allen

Dolphins signed LB Lawrence Timmons, formerly of the Steelers, to a two-year, $12 million contract.

Timmons gets $11 million guaranteed. The Dolphins made it known after the season they wanted to overhaul their linebacker group, but we're not sure Timmons is an impact player at this stage of his career. He has a lot of miles on the tires and turns 31 in May. It's unclear how the Dolphins will employ Timmons, but he could play MIKE, which would kick Kiko Alonso to the weak side.

Dolphins signed S Nate Allen, formerly of the Raiders.

Allen signed a "four-year, $23 million" deal with the Raiders two years ago, but was released after one season. He ended up re-signing for less money, but remained ineffective in 2016, and was allowed to walk. He'll be a body behind SS Reshad Jones as the Dolphins figure out how to replace Isa Abdul-Quddus.
    Last edited by gambo1988; 03-10-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by limebalz05 View Post
    Gray is already 27 years old. Durate is very young and raw. He's an undersized TE who can't block but is extremely athletic. IMO, Miami should look at better developmental prospects with this draft having 20 eligible prospects being selected in the first 5-6 rounds.
    I'm not arguing that it doesn't make sense, but I just don't see it happening this year. We have 3 guys we just signed that aren't being cut plus they just spent the entire season grooming Duarte. I just don't see it happening this year with the defensive help we need but if we do I can't imagine it being very high. 5th round at best.

I love this off-season so far. Kept the culture going with the in house signings and didn't break the bank for FA. A lot of these guys aren't big names but solid players that add to the depth at the very least. Allows us to draft guys that won't be expected to play right away. Let them develop and contribute more at a later date.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Who's next to come in for a visit?

Kayvon Webster possibly, seems Phins have interest in him. I don't care for him too much.

Miami is trying to get a visit with Poe. He's meeting with Indy right now and I believe OAK, JAX, and one other team are trying to get him to visit. I read that people are concerned about his back and that he may be looking for a 1 year prove it deal in a scheme that will let him rush the passer a little more that KC did. Could be a nice fit. But he has to leave Indy first.

I would take Poe on a one year deal. His health is such a red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I would take Poe on a one year deal. His health is such a red flag.
    On a one year deal, it's almost zero risk. I'd absolutely snatch him up if he'd really take that...

Jeffrey did, so why not Poe? I hope Miami is all over that.

So the Phins addressed the OL, LB and DL in FA... They locked up their own...

With the 22nd pick I would like them to draft the BPA who they see as a starter from day 1... Don't reach for a guy (Dion Jordan)... IMO, not a WR, RB, LT, RT, C, DL and obviously not a QB... It can be an OL if one of the top one's fall to 22nd and throw him at OG... LB, S, DB or TE if Howard falls to 22...

It would be great if one of those low need positions for the Phins fell to 22 and Miami got a trade call...

I think the Phins are gonna get lucky and have a player fall to them at 22... The mocks are all over the place, but a teams draftboard is a lot different looking than mocks...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

unless Reuben Foster drops to #22, I am now craving Melinfonwu as our next FS. Dude has the measurable to dominate, he is freaky fast, and will have RJ to learn from. Go OG or DE/LB in the 2nd, then TE or OG/DE in the 3rd.

I wouldn't put it past Grier and Tannenbaum to trade a 5th for another roster player either.

I would expect news soon about an extension for Landry soon as we still have close to $25M in cap room.

Our 2018 and 2019 cap room is looking pretty damn nice. I like the approach this year. Keeping our own is getting overlooked in the national media, but this sets us up to be major players in the next couple of FA periods. Great off-season so far.

Anybody know anything about the LB we signed from the CFL Deon Lacey?

Few guys in FA left that I'd like to add. SLB Connor Bawin is one. Always liked his game coming out of University of Cincinnati.

Former Phin G Andrew Gardner is a possibility as well.

The high priced DT are there, but I'm not sure Phins want to spend that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by limebalz05 View Post
    Few guys in FA left that I'd like to add. SLB Connor Bawin is one. Always liked his game coming out of University of Cincinnati.

Former Phin G Andrew Gardner is a possibility as well.

The high priced DT are there, but I'm not sure Phins want to spend that kind of money.
    Big audition year for Phillips... He's gonna have the same microscope on him like Parker's gonna have...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast