Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

2017 Off-season thread

Use this thread to discuss all FA and draft news and things you would like to happen.

Our draft picks, and cap space

1st: (Pick is 22nd)
    2nd:
    3rd: (Projected compensatory for Olivier Vernon)
    5th:
    5th: (Projected compensatory for Lamar Miller)
    6th:
    7th:

$39,145,879 cap space as roster sits.

$51,845,879 in Cap room with just Misi and Williams cut
    Last edited by Wrench; 01-09-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Jenkins, misi, branch, mario, Cameron, Mitchell, dion should be gone

Extend Landry and jones. Restructure Maxwell, Albert and pouncey. And resign stills

Upgrade RG. And use first pick on LB

Moore played well but we would have won at Pitt with Tannehill. the mistakes he had like the strip sack, 4th down run where he came up short, interception before the half, were all plays Tannehill would have succeeded. he would have made that 4th down run, outran that strip sack, and likely ran it in on the interception before half

that said its obvious we need defense most and that we also need better OL when it comes to running to help Ajayi out

2017 NFL Draft
    R1. Solomon Thomas DT/DE Stanford
    yes LB is a huge need. our DL struggles to get pressure consistently though outside of Wake and Suh. Thomas changes that. some have him going really high so he might not make it to #22. DL will be feared with addition.
    Ryan Anderson was my 2nd choice but Thomas comes in as the week 1 starter next to Suh

R2 Eddie Jackson S/CB Bama
    with DL improved its about the backend with LB and secondary. I pick Jackson because he started his career at Bama at CB and switched to S. he would be a piece that could play both and fight for playing time and give us depth at positions that had the injury bug in 2016. he fits the prototype of size at CB that we like and some people liked him more at CB . yes I know I haven't went LB yet. almost did with Maybin but didn't want to go that route over this. might not get a week 1 starter job but he will definitely challenge the CBs and ISA for one and if someone goes down we wont miss a beat. I feel like he is just a big steal for any defense at this juncture

(he isn't supposed to declare but if he does Skai Moore LB from South Carolina would be my choice instead of Jackson)

R3. (comp pick) Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
    some say he wont get drafted. I'm not buying it. he reminds me of a mix of Tannehill, Cutler and Dak. yes he has red flags. he also has swag like Landry. I'm upgrading from Moore and giving Tannehill a backup that can challenge him

R5 Isaac Asiata OG Utah
    R5 George Kittle TE Iowa
    some OG help and I think we are good at TE believe it or not. id like a blocking one that can help Sims go out more. Iowa likes to run

R6 Joe Yearby RB Miami U
    R6 (I'm sure we will move around and gain 1 pick back) Ben Boulware LB Clemson
    R7 Matt Milano LB Boston College

I really like Yearby a lot. always did when watching U games this year. Milano a special teams contributor and LB depth with Boulware

Free Agency
    1. Keenan Robinson - LB from Giants
    2 Zach Brown - LB from Buffalo
    3. Corey Lemonier - DE from Browns (cheap)
    4. a cheap OL guy
    5. Kayvon Webster - CB from Denver (cheap)
    6. JPP - DE from Giants

Matt Moore is cut
    Dion Jordan if that report is true is cut
    Koa Misi is cut
    Jordan Cameron is cut
    Andre Branch is not resigned
    Mario Williams is cut
    Kiko, Landry, Stills, Reshad we try to resign or extend
    Pouncey and Albert we try to restructure
    Aikens and McCain are both let go
    Earl Mitchell is cut

2017 Roster
    Starting DL - JPP, Solomon Thomas, Suh, Wake
    Depth DL - Corey Lemonier, Fede, Phillips

LB core - Alonso, Keenan Robinson, Zach Brown
    LB depth - Ben Boulware, Matt Milano and probably an UDFA

Secondary - ISA, Eddie Jackson, Reshad Jones, Maxwell, Lippett, Howard, Kayvon Webster

TE - Kittle, Sims, Gray, Jones (Duarte PS)
    WR - stays the same
    OL - stays the same just with better depth
    RB - Yearby is the backup to Ajayi
    QBs - Ryan Tannehill and Chad Kelly
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-09-2017 at 03:47 AM.

Dion Jordan? He’s played his last game for the Dolphins. After being suspended twice for violating both the performance enhancing drug program and the program of substances of abuse (street drugs), Jordan got hurt while on suspension. Who does that? Then he required not one but two knee surgeries.

And now I’m told he’s having “issues” again that effectively will get him cut this offseason.

Per Armando

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Jenkins, misi, branch, mario, Cameron, Mitchell, dion should be gone

Extend Landry and jones. Restructure Maxwell, Albert and pouncey. And resign stills
    We can't cut all of those guys, that would be too many holes to fix. I think Jenkins/Misi/Mitchell will be back even though they aren't stellar players and Misi is always hurt, have to have some bodies in the depth chart...

Branch may get $10 million in the FA market so I agree with you that he is gone. Same goes for Mario, Dion Jordan, Cameron.

I think that round 1 is BPA whether that's offense or defense... I know we need defense but if a "star" offensive player falls in the first round got to take him.

Lots of holes to fix, Tannenbaum and Grier have a lot of work to do

Yea Mitchell played very well and depth is an issue, don't see why you cut him.

Jenkins is a FA while Misi has a contract, I don't see both coming back though and would give the edge to Jenkins. Misi has the neck injury witch may force him to retire also. Misi's cap hit is north of 6.5M and would just leave 2.4M in dead money. Jenkins shouldn't be too much after a injury filled season.

The rotation started to kinda work at DT towards the end of the year. If Phillips keeps playing like he did then him and Mitchell should be alright. We just have to get consistent play from someone.

I expect Jenkins and Misi to be gone, although if either come back I hope it's as a backup role. The current problem on defense is that there are too many guys that are alright and shouldn't be playing an excessive amount of time.

My top priority outside of LB is depth at DE. I don't want Branch back. He's alright as a pass rusher but doesn't create nearly enough and he's one of the reasons the run game got even worse this year. Plain and simple there's nothing at DE outside of Wake and you can't expect him to play this great forever. My favorite stat from the season is that we were undefeated when he registered a sack and lost every game he didn't. It just shows how important the pass rush is to this defense. When Wake was off the field there was no one who could get to the QB and if you double teamed him and held off Suh there was nothing that would happen. If a stud DE is there in the first round I'd take him. I really wish we didn't get rid of Chris McCain because at least he had talent to develop.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Even though it sucks, I really think we need to invest in another Olineman at some point. I'd prefer someone that can split between RG and C if need be. Bushrod would be ok depth but he was the weakest link on that Oline week after week. I just hope the FO keeps Albert and Pouncey together for at least another year. Albert looked bad at times but he's far from a problem on the team. There's no need to create another hole this offseason.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Earl Mitchell should be cut. 4.5 mill is quite a bit for someone who shouldn't be starting. best days are behind him.

DT next to Suh was horrible all season. Phillips showed flashes mostly at stopping the run but you really need a DT starter next to Suh bad which is why I drafted one in the 1st

Unlike some other positions that surprised me this year like RB, TE etc the DL underwhelmed
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-09-2017 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Moore played well but we would have won at Pitt with Tannehill. the mistakes he had like the strip sack, 4th down run where he came up short, interception before the half, were all plays Tannehill would have succeeded. he would have made that 4th down run, outran that strip sack, and likely ran it in on the interception before half

that said its obvious we need defense most and that we also need better OL when it comes to running to help Ajayi out

2017 NFL Draft
    yes LB is a huge need. our DL struggles to get pressure consistently though outside of Wake and Suh. Thomas changes that. some have him going really high so he might not make it to #22. DL will be feared with addition.
    Ryan Anderson was my 2nd choice but Thomas comes in as the week 1 starter next to Suh

with DL improved its about the backend with LB and secondary. I pick Jackson because he started his career at Bama at CB and switched to S. he would be a piece that could play both and fight for playing time and give us depth at positions that had the injury bug in 2016. he fits the prototype of size at CB that we like and some people liked him more at CB . yes I know I haven't went LB yet. almost did with Maybin but didn't want to go that route over this. might not get a week 1 starter job but he will definitely challenge the CBs and ISA for one and if someone goes down we wont miss a beat. I feel like he is just a big steal for any defense at this juncture

(he isn't supposed to declare but if he does Skai Moore LB from South Carolina would be my choice instead of Jackson)

some say he wont get drafted. I'm not buying it. he reminds me of a mix of Tannehill, Cutler and Dak. yes he has red flags. he also has swag like Landry. I'm upgrading from Moore and giving Tannehill a backup that can challenge him

R5 Isaac Asiata OG Utah
    R5 George Kittle TE Iowa
    some OG help and I think we are good at TE believe it or not. id like a blocking one that can help Sims go out more. Iowa likes to run

R6 Joe Yearby RB Miami U

I really like Yearby a lot. always did when watching U games this year. Milano a special teams contributor and LB depth with Boulware

Free Agency
    4. a cheap OL guy
    6. JPP - DE from Giants

Matt Moore is cut
    Koa Misi is cut
    Jordan Cameron is cut
    Mario Williams is cut
    Earl Mitchell is cut

2017 Roster

Secondary - ISA, Eddie Jackson, Reshad Jones, Maxwell, Lippett, Howard, Kayvon Webster

WR - stays the same
    I'm a Chad Kelly fan since last year. I would like to have him on the roster, but not that high. Before the injury, he was a borderline 3rd rounder. Now he may go UDFA. I would definitely use a 6th or 7th on him. But no way a 3rd. I don't think any team is going to be hard up for Kelly.

Great year this year. I love Gase and his mentality and the fact he's not afraid to sit/cut anyone. I believe we start next year with around $43M in cap space.

Cuts:
    DE Mario Williams - saves $8.5M
    LB Koa Misi - saves $4.2M
    DE Dion Jordan - saves $3.2M

That would leave about $59M in cap space, not counting how high the cap goes up.

Extend:
    WR Jarvis Landry - 5 yrs, $50M
    S Reshad Jones - 4 yrs, $38M

RFA tag on LB Kiko Alonso.

Re-sign:
    WR Kenny Stills - 5 yrs, $30M (along the lines of Golden Tate)

sign:
    DE Jabaal Sheard 4 yr, $32M
    OG TJ Lang 4 yr, $28M

After our showing this year, there are going to be vet cuts that we can sign. One I think will be cut is TE Julius Thomas from JAC. I think reuniting him with Gase would be great.

trade
    2017 1st rd and 2018 2nd to JAC for LB Telvin Smith !!!
    reason for this is I believe they are going to be under a cap crunch next year when they have to resign him. He is a stud and is well worth these two picks from us in case they want to listen. Him and Kiko would form a dynamic duo at LBer. (pipe dream scenario)

Not getting into the draft just yet, but we have a strong foundation to build on.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post

2017 NFL Draft

R5 Isaac Asiata OG Utah
    R5 George Kittle TE Iowa

R6 Joe Yearby RB Miami U

Free Agency
    4. a cheap OL guy
    6. JPP - DE from Giants

Matt Moore is cut
    Koa Misi is cut
    Jordan Cameron is cut
    Mario Williams is cut
    Earl Mitchell is cut

2017 Roster

WR - stays the same
    That's just silly to say that Tannehill would of made every good play that Moore made plus not made any mistakes. You act like Tannehill has never under or overthrown a WR. We have had some December games in the past that was basically playoff games and Tannehill has performed poorly in them. History hasn't shown Tannehill to come up big in those games. I don't know the outcome of the game if Tannehill played this game instead of Moore, but what you said was absurd.

Tannehill threw a similar interception against the Bengals. In case you forgot here is the video

http://thebiglead.com/2016/09/29/rya...e-2016-season/

Tannehill has had some big fumbles that have cost us games. I could put up multiple ones but here is one that always sticks in my mind.

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP) — When the Buffalo Bills needed the ball back, Mario Williams knocked it loose.

Williams forced a fumble by sacking Ryan Tannehill with less than three minutes left, setting up the winning field goal to help Buffalo beat the Miami Dolphins 23-21 Sunday.
    As far as Tannehill running for that first down. It was painful watching Moore not run for that first down. Tannehill is much faster than Moore. However Tannehill almost never steps up in the pocket which Moore did on that play. Tannehill tends to stay in the pocket until either a WR gets open or he gets sacked. I think its more likely one of those 2 scenarios would of happen compared to Tannehill getting a first down. If anything during this span of games started by Moore that Moore showed that Tannehill is a greater part of the blame for sacks. Moore basically went three games without a sack, the one sack he took he could of easily threw the ball away but was trying to keep the clock moving. Even though Tannehill is faster than Moore, Moore was constantly stepping up in the pocket to avoid the rush something Tannehill has yet to learn.
    Last edited by Plague; 01-09-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Added a few things to the 1st post to help people out.

Telvin Smith is nowhere worth that much. he isn't even worth a 2nd rounder let alone a 1st + 2nd.

I'm not saying Tannehill would have made all the plays Moore did. Moore completed many passes in a row. Tannehill would have to do that. just saying all the plays Moore struggled with were plays he needed to run. he tried to outrun the sack/fumble. he saw it ahead of time but was too slow to outrun him. he tried to run on the interception but once he saw he was too slow to make it threw a pick. the play Moore tried to run for a first I'm sorry but Tannehill would have taken that. it was too big of a hole for him not to and ive yet to see Tannehill and Ajayi run into each other.

1. Moore to Parker deep that he caught was a bad pass
    2. Moore to Stills deep that he caught was an underthrown TD
    3. Moore completion streak was when game was over
    4. Moore to Parker deep again bad pass right before his fumble before half. TD if it was on the money. Tannehill runs that in for a TD. he saw the guy right away and I'm sure Tannehill would have and that entire right side was wide open for a TD. that's 2 TDs we could have had on the same drive
    5. I wont blame him for Ajayi. the ride side would have been wide open for Tannehill again to run but ill give Moore the benefit of the doubt. would have been a playoff caliber play even for Tannehill to make
    6. The Tannehill and Moore pick are similar yes but game would have been already over at that point and we wouldn't be passing wed be running out the clock
    7. another thing I will give Moore besides #5 is getting back up from the hit. he showed he is tougher than Tannehill. I know people always say Tannehill is a tough SOB but he has never been hit like Moore had been in that game and I don't really think Tannehill is as tough as people for some reason like to make him out to be. just because you are sacked a bunch I guess they assume he is but he really isn't. Moore fought more than I ever seen Tannehill fight. just another reason I want Kelly. he is a tough SOB with Landry swag

I think teams are going to be all over Chad Kelly. I have him as the #1 QB and Watson #2. I know he has the injury and red flags but I don't think he makes it passed round 5. 3rd comp is basically a 4th. he has the athleticism identical to Tannehill but he will run you over as well and to go with that athleticism he also has a Cutler arm and he loves to sling it

its easy to see when watching the game that a healthy Pouncey, Jones, Tannehill and Maxwell and we would have won this by a lot. all our weaknesses were exposed at all 4 spots

Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast