Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Ok so these are the guys who we could draft at #22 that we visted with - last year we drafted 5 guys that we used one of our 30 visits with and Tannenbaum always seems to go that way.

Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
    Forrest Lamp, G, Western Kentucky
    Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
    Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
    Charles Harris, DE, Missouri
    Obi Melifonwu, S, UConn
    Tyus Bowser, LB, Houston
    The other name I keep hearing is Barnett; apparently we are in love with Barnett and Charles Harris...but have "other players that rank above them currently at 22". So it's really going to come down to who's available. I agree that the player we take is absolutely likely to be on your board...even with a trade back. If Foster or Reddick somehow fall to us, then that's the pick. If Barett falls to us (with the LBs gone), then that is probably our third choice. Lamp is #4 I'd say. Then would come Charles Harris and Melifonwu (neck and neck)...with Charlton and Bowser bringing up the rear.

Personally, I'd be fine with anyone from that list. I've cooled a bit on Charlton, but think he's still going to be a good all-around DE...not as good with the rush as some, but better in the run game than most. Bowser still piques my interest; I think the kid is going to be a player...just needs some coaching up and a season in the weight room. I'd like him more with a trade back personally. Harris has grown on me; watch his tape...pass rush like a mofo. I just don't think he's as well-rounded (but can DEFINITELY get to the QB). If we finish the first round with any of those guys, then I wouldn't complain a bit.
    Jakeem Grant - Little and Electric!

Barnett would fall under the Tunsil category as someone we love but did not use a visit on being we felt he would be long gone.

Reportedly recently Reddick won't make it out of the top 15 and very well top 10, Colts is his floor. He is this years Leonard Floyd, guy who just kept rising.

Also some news and notes I have seen,

49ers will take Fournette
    Jags are going to take QB at #4
    Christian McCaffrey will go in the top 10, Panthers may be his floor.
    Cam Robinson will be 1st tackle to go, Ravens at 16 may be his floor.

I'm also standing by my prediction of Lamp at #22 unless one of the pass rushes they like fall or Foster.
    Last edited by Wrench; Yesterday at 08:34 PM.

^^^^At this point I seriously doubt Lamp is there. If the Ravens pass on him and take Robinson I'll be overjoyed. At this point it looks like we'll take some pass rusher that will have some flaws or a CB/S. I personally don't like see why they would address CB so early but there's just been so much talk about it all offseason that there's something legit there. And Armando said today that the Dolphins two top choices at DE are Barnett and Harris. Barnett would be great since he can do it all but the only reason to criticize Harris is that he's weak against the run. But considering he won't be starting this year I'd be perfectly fine with it.

I honestly have no idea what we're going to do with this draft. I feel like this is the most important draft we've had in years and if we actually do well with it I think it can really turn things around. As long as we don't draft a WR or RB this year I'll be perfectly fine with whatever they do.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

If they are talking Cam as the 1st OL off the board to the Ravens at 16 I could see him there at 22. Broncos are the only team I see who even has a slight need at OL in between us and them. They need more of a OT though and most don't think that best fit for Lamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Barnett would fall under the Tunsil category as someone we love but did not use a visit on being we felt he would be long gone.

Reportedly recently Reddick won't make it out of the top 15 and very well top 10, Colts is his floor. He is this years Leonard Floyd, guy who just kept rising.

Also some news and notes I have seen,

49ers will take Fournette
    Jags are going to take QB at #4
    Christian McCaffrey will go in the top 10, Panthers may be his floor.
    Cam Robinson will be 1st tackle to go, Ravens at 16 may be his floor.

I'm also standing by my prediction of Lamp at #22 unless one of the pass rushes they like fall or Foster.
    It's hard to say on Barnett. Some have said that many have fallen in-love with his highlight reels, but that he's not as good as his tape shows (seems counter-intuitive to me). I've read that he's overvalued right now, and that he belongs later in the first round. I doubt he's there at 22, but I believe that he would definitely be the pick if he somehow falls to 22.

Reddick is absolutely gone by 22; the thought of Foster somehow making it to 22 seems more possible than ever. I still don't think that it's going to happen...but he may make it to the late teens rather than top 10.

I have read about the love for Robinson too by the Ravens (they love their Bama players). There is a good chance that it happens. If so, then the Lamp vs. Robinson conversation is moot. But the good thing, is that most teams simply don't want to use a first on a guard. It's just not a good value pick 90% of the time. A guard has to be a god to be seen as a good pick in the first (ALL left tackles could/should be off the board before the first guard falls). The difference for us, is that he could be the PERFECT player for us at a position of need (who could end up being good enough to warrant a first-round pick). So Lamp being there at 22 isn't a stretch. Most teams will take virtually anything else with similar perceived value to avoid taking a guard in the first. So, good news for us hopefully. The teams around us need TACKLES...not guards. But since teams know that we may snatch Lamp up, someone may be willing to shift up for him. Still though, trading up for a guard in the first is even more unlikely than taking one with your assigned pick.

I saw today that a writer was confirming which players had visited with the Phins and which ones didn't, and they reached out to Raekwon McMillan's agent to see if he had met with us. His agent said that he absolutely hadn't. But there was something about the way that he seemed defensive when asked...almost like he had been "sworn to secrecy". He was so adamant, that it made me feel like he was lying. McMillan might be a solid second-round target for us; he is projected "top 50"...we are picking just outside of the 50 mark.

As of now, my top 3 are Foster / Reddick / Lamp (in that order). If not any of those 3, then best DE available or TJ Watt...then down to Melifonwu/McDowell/Bowser/top CB.
    Jakeem Grant - Little and Electric!

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556