Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768
Results 1,006 to 1,017 of 1017
    There's still time. I guess I get why they're waiting, they want to field the most competitive team possible by spending the least amount of money and also McCain holds more long-term potential than a guy like Hall. And also if they sign a guy like Hall, they're going to have to cut someone else, perhaps even McCain. So I guess they're giving these guys really every chance they can before they come knocking on the door of some vets that they have years and years of tape to see what they're capable of doing.

So with that said and also the fact that more cuts will come, especially when teams need to trim the rosters to 53. Expect a certain amount of interest in players and also if there's an injury to Pouncey (Mangold) or Misi (Harris) or McCain keeps sucking Leon Hall. Also there will be more cuts. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see one of those 3 guys when the season starts. And I don't see why just because you sign Harris you're taking time away from McMillan. Whoever is better, plays. Period.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    There's still time. I guess I get why they're waiting, they want to field the most competitive team possible by spending the least amount of money and also McCain holds more long-term potential than a guy like Hall. And also if they sign a guy like Hall, they're going to have to cut someone else, perhaps even McCain. So I guess they're giving these guys really every chance they can before they come knocking on the door of some vets that they have years and years of tape to see what they're capable of doing.

So with that said and also the fact that more cuts will come, especially when teams need to trim the rosters to 53. Expect a certain amount of interest in players and also if there's an injury to Pouncey (Mangold) or Misi (Harris) or McCain keeps sucking Leon Hall. Also there will be more cuts. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see one of those 3 guys when the season starts. And I don't see why just because you sign Harris you're taking time away from McMillan. Whoever is better, plays. Period.
    Nice post; I think you pretty much nailed the reality of it all. By waiting to do the signing, you have less time to learn the system before the season starts. But if we sign someone now, you have far fewer options to choose from. If we were looking for a starter, then I would say to start looking/signing now. If it's depth you truly want, then you want for the final cuts and go shopping. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what we are doing. Still though, I believe that there are players not yet on this roster that will be there by week 1 (even if only for depth).
    Coming Soon...Isaac Asiata

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    It's hard not to agree with all of this, but who knows what's happening on the field that we aren't seeing. Maybe someone really is stepping up this year in the slot behind McCain...but that's a big maybe I'm afraid. That being the case, going all-in on a single nickel CB and hoping for the best, just seems to be a horrendous approach. I just don't see how we can't sign at least one more veteran nickel for depth/competition.
    Oh I'd love to sign a backup for sure. I'm just saying that there's literally no one behind Bobby right now on the roster besides Thomas who can play that spot. There's plenty of good options left but a lot of them are bigger names that won't do anything immediately and probably don't want to be depth.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Oh I'd love to sign a backup for sure. I'm just saying that there's literally no one behind Bobby right now on the roster besides Thomas who can play that spot. There's plenty of good options left but a lot of them are bigger names that won't do anything immediately and probably don't want to be depth.
    Exactly the point going between me and LRizzle...the big names that are available will want "starter money" and "starter reps", and that's probably not what we want (at least not at this stage in the game). We need someone (or someones) to backup McCain. If we skim the surface after the final cuts for other teams, then we will get the choice of a bunch of "nearly made its" that should have the skill set/experience to be exactly what we need them to be. And how knows, maybe one of those guys come in and learn the system, and end up being the starter later in the season (hopefully through better play and not through injuries).

I feel like we will be sitting on our remaining cap space in case of emergency later in the season...have cash on-hand to grab legit talent that's still available. I'm just curious how much legit talent will be unemployed half way through the season...if they were "legit", then they should be playing somewhere IMO. Hopefully Pouncey's stem cell smoothies will finally give him bionic hips and we won't need to land his replacement this year. Otherwise, I believe that we already have Mangold's number on speed dial. I would much rather see us find additional talent if need be; rather than giving our third string guy reps out of loyalty (when he's depth/a special team contributor at best). I know it's a good way to help develop talent, but it's also a great way to get exposed for the remainder of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    Exactly the point going between me and LRizzle...the big names that are available will want "starter money" and "starter reps", and that's probably not what we want (at least not at this stage in the game). We need someone (or someones) to backup McCain. If we skim the surface after the final cuts for other teams, then we will get the choice of a bunch of "nearly made its" that should have the skill set/experience to be exactly what we need them to be. And how knows, maybe one of those guys come in and learn the system, and end up being the starter later in the season (hopefully through better play and not through injuries).

I feel like we will be sitting on our remaining cap space in case of emergency later in the season...have cash on-hand to grab legit talent that's still available. I'm just curious how much legit talent will be unemployed half way through the season...if they were "legit", then they should be playing somewhere IMO. Hopefully Pouncey's stem cell smoothies will finally give him bionic hips and we won't need to land his replacement this year. Otherwise, I believe that we already have Mangold's number on speed dial. I would much rather see us find additional talent if need be; rather than giving our third string guy reps out of loyalty (when he's depth/a special team contributor at best). I know it's a good way to help develop talent, but it's also a great way to get exposed for the remainder of the season.
    I think the defense heavy draft and the signing of McDonald has set the Phins up perfectly for next seasons draft...

They can go a bunch of ways depending on how certain players and free agency pan out during and after this season...

All eyes will be on those hips this season... When healthy he's one of the best, but I think the Phins have finally started to get the ship going in the right direction with the line... IMO, grabbing the best available Center with the Phins first or second pick can pay huge dividends for the future...

I was critical of James, but I believe I believe he'll continue where he left off towards the end of last season... That is a huge plus... Having Tunsil and James as potential multi year bookends is awesome...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I think the defense heavy draft and the signing of McDonald has set the Phins up perfectly for next seasons draft...

They can go a bunch of ways depending on how certain players and free agency pan out during and after this season...

All eyes will be on those hips this season... When healthy he's one of the best, but I think the Phins have finally started to get the ship going in the right direction with the line... IMO, grabbing the best available Center with the Phins first or second pick can pay huge dividends for the future...

I was critical of James, but I believe I believe he'll continue where he left off towards the end of last season... That is a huge plus... Having Tunsil and James as potential multi year bookends is awesome...
    There's no doubt that the defense took a HUGE step forward (at least on paper), and we are trying to be smart about the line. The only issue (playing devil's advocate here), is our line is just one step away from a complete breakdown. Even though we are hoping for the best from James, if he has an off year, then he's likely going to be cut...the fifth year option is only if we approve of his efforts this season. Pouncey could have issues with his hips given his history of doing so, and this could be the last year for him as well. Our two guards are short-term answers, and there are no guarantees that Asiata will even work...some scouts said that he's not a starter in this league (of course only time will tell). Given that, potentially, Tunsil could be the only lineman playing this year that is still on the team next year. For a position that's supposed to thrive on chemistry and time spent playing together, our line could be in for a nearly total rebuild by this time next year. Let's hope for the best; it's all we can do.

Tony McDaniels trying out for the Saints. Another name I'd like the Fins to explore. Used to play for us and was always solid until the Seahawks poached him for a couple of years. Still available and would be a perfect fit next to Suh to stop the run and then let Phillips come in and rush the QB and also play some drives to rest McDaniel and Suh. The money that guys like McDaniels and Hall would cost us maybe 3M combined (2M McDaniels and 1M Hall), would make quite the difference.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Tony McDaniels trying out for the Saints. Another name I'd like the Fins to explore. Used to play for us and was always solid until the Seahawks poached him for a couple of years. Still available and would be a perfect fit next to Suh to stop the run and then let Phillips come in and rush the QB and also play some drives to rest McDaniel and Suh. The money that guys like McDaniels and Hall would cost us maybe 3M combined (2M McDaniels and 1M Hall), would make quite the difference.
    Sounds good to me. Even if McDaniels is only half the player that he used to be, he's still likely twice as good as Godchaux or Taylor for next season. God forbid, if Suh or Phillips gets hurt, then our depth goes down the tubes in a hurry. If Hall could come in to at least compete with McCain, then I believe that it would be a good thing. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see both of those players push for starter reps (Hall especially). For 3 million, I'd be all over it. It just seems like a logical move IMO.

Gase said today that he won't know if the run defense is better until the pads come on. That makes me think that we won't be seeing any Dlineman signed until camp at the earliest unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Gase said today that he won't know if the run defense is better until the pads come on. That makes me think that we won't be seeing any Dlineman signed until camp at the earliest unfortunately.
    I have a feeling that Godchaux and Taylor aren't going to be the answers that he's hoping for. If we are awful up the middle with Suh and Phillips, then I doubt that the missing piece was Godchaux all along.

Yea neither of them are really the NT we need. But if they can at least help rotate with Suh at the 3 tech spot I'll be happy. But I have a feeling the "big" signing of camp will be a DT.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Telvin Smith is nowhere worth that much. he isn't even worth a 2nd rounder let alone a 1st + 2nd.

I'm not saying Tannehill would have made all the plays Moore did. Moore completed many passes in a row. Tannehill would have to do that. just saying all the plays Moore struggled with were plays he needed to run. he tried to outrun the sack/fumble. he saw it ahead of time but was too slow to outrun him. he tried to run on the interception but once he saw he was too slow to make it threw a pick. the play Moore tried to run for a first I'm sorry but Tannehill would have taken that. it was too big of a hole for him not to and ive yet to see Tannehill and Ajayi run into each other.

1. Moore to Parker deep that he caught was a bad pass
    2. Moore to Stills deep that he caught was an underthrown TD
    3. Moore completion streak was when game was over
    4. Moore to Parker deep again bad pass right before his fumble before half. TD if it was on the money. Tannehill runs that in for a TD. he saw the guy right away and I'm sure Tannehill would have and that entire right side was wide open for a TD. that's 2 TDs we could have had on the same drive
    5. I wont blame him for Ajayi. the ride side would have been wide open for Tannehill again to run but ill give Moore the benefit of the doubt. would have been a playoff caliber play even for Tannehill to make
    6. The Tannehill and Moore pick are similar yes but game would have been already over at that point and we wouldn't be passing wed be running out the clock
    7. another thing I will give Moore besides #5 is getting back up from the hit. he showed he is tougher than Tannehill. I know people always say Tannehill is a tough SOB but he has never been hit like Moore had been in that game and I don't really think Tannehill is as tough as people for some reason like to make him out to be. just because you are sacked a bunch I guess they assume he is but he really isn't. Moore fought more than I ever seen Tannehill fight. just another reason I want Kelly. he is a tough SOB with Landry swag

I think teams are going to be all over Chad Kelly. I have him as the #1 QB and Watson #2. I know he has the injury and red flags but I don't think he makes it passed round 5. 3rd comp is basically a 4th. he has the athleticism identical to Tannehill but he will run you over as well and to go with that athleticism he also has a Cutler arm and he loves to sling it

its easy to see when watching the game that a healthy Pouncey, Jones, Tannehill and Maxwell and we would have won this by a lot. all our weaknesses were exposed at all 4 spots
    I agree

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768