18-Tennesse-Mike Williams
    19-Tampa Bay-Dalvin Cook
    20-Denver-Garrett Boles
    21-Detroit-Caleb Brantley
    22-Miami-Forrest Lamp
    23-N.Y. Giants-Cam Robinson
    24-Oakland-Taco Charlton
    25-Houston-Ryan Ramcyzk
    26-Seattle-Deshone Kizer (I am expecting Seattle to trade)
    27-Kansas City-Malik Mcdowell
    28-Dallas-Gareon Conley
    29-Green Bay-Joe Mixon
    30-Pittsburgh-David Njoku
    31-Atlanta-Takkarist Mckinley
    32-New Orleans-Jabril Peppers

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    TonyPauline

Agian won't be Lamp unless our board falls that way.
    As we discussed the other day, I'd say that Lamp is like #5 on our draft board in the first round. At this point, I'm expecting a DE/LB in the first, BPA (defense) in the second (hoping for Dalvinson DT from Bama), and top center/guard available in the third. I don't expect us to address the line until the third...period. Kinda sucks, because there are some studs in the second that I think would be perfect for us. But still, we have to do something about that defense, and the draft is where it all happens. I can't hate on that.

I'm not a big fan of most of the "late 20's talent"...I'm so meh with most of the people expected to be there when we pick. If someone big doesn't fall, then honestly, I'm praying for a trade back. If stuck at 22, then I fear we end up overreaching for someone. I read that we could end up with Cordrea Tankersly (CB) in the first in a "worst case scenario"...I would hope that's a worst case; he is currently a late second, early third-round grade. I might almost want Peppers over that pick in the first.
    Jakeem Grant - Little and Electric!

lol oops. I think you guys are crazy if you think these OL players are going to slip. I think Cam and Lamp are both gone before us. I have Cam as a top 10 player overall in the class. also think Elflein goes round 1 because Pocic crazy as it sounds I have heard might

trouble I have with DE is at 22 only Malik I think starts. all the rest I don't see starting

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    lol oops. I think you guys are crazy if you think these OL players are going to slip. I think Cam and Lamp are both gone before us. I have Cam as a top 10 player overall in the class. also think Elflein goes round 1 because Pocic crazy as it sounds I have heard might

trouble I have with DE is at 22 only Malik I think starts. all the rest I don't see starting
    Some players will drop. What always happens is QB's go higher than expected. I expect 3 QB's will get drafted before us. If OL get picked ahead of us then defensive players will drop to us. Draft prediction is always a crap shoot and once you get into the teens guys you expect to go 2nd round sometimes slip into round 1 destroying a mock. Most of the teams that want OL are in the twenties and some made trade up to get a OL or be left without a OL. I see Seattle as desperate for OL. Watching them last season their offensive line killed them, I can't see them going another season without addressing OL in the draft.

OL is a mess and after R2 their isn't much. if they skip OL in R1 it needs to be for a game changer

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Some players will drop. What always happens is QB's go higher than expected. I expect 3 QB's will get drafted before us. If OL get picked ahead of us then defensive players will drop to us. Draft prediction is always a crap shoot and once you get into the teens guys you expect to go 2nd round sometimes slip into round 1 destroying a mock. Most of the teams that want OL are in the twenties and some made trade up to get a OL or be left without a OL. I see Seattle as desperate for OL. Watching them last season their offensive line killed them, I can't see them going another season without addressing OL in the draft.
    defensive players will drop but their is only a handful of studs on defense and none will drop. unless they risk on a guy with red flags

many teams need OL actually and I can see OL going as high as 6. Even Carolina who everyone has taking a RB needs OL

OL wasn't deep in FA and it isn't in this draft teams are going to try to trade up for them. I want Elflein unless we trade up. I think he will be the top one on the board when we are up

OL wasn't deep in FA and it isn't in this draft teams are going to try to trade up for them. I want Elflein unless we trade up. I think he will be the top one on the board when we are up
    I am not saying OL won't be drafted high. Like I said the draft is a crap shoot especially once you hit the teens. To me the wild card is QB's where will they go and what trades will be involved. A few other players are wild cards. I currently don't have Ross in the first round but I expect him to get drafted in round 1. I am trying to change my mock to get him drafted in round 1. I don't see Ross going to round 2 I just don't know who to mock him too. I don't see the Bengals drafting Ross at 9 and a lot of mocks have him going there.

if we do go DE I want Tim Williams despite the flags and rumors he might go R2. I think he was tailor made for wide 9

I think the Bengals are going DE or RB. I don't have them going WR

I absolutely think that the top tackles (and Lamp) will be gone in the first (though I still just don't see Bolles as being that good). I won't be surprised at all to see Robinson, Lamp, and Ramczyk being gone by 20 to the Broncos. That's why I think we should say that we are all-in on a lineman; there are multiple teams behind us that are seriously needing line help, and may be willing to trade up for Bolles (or Robinson if he does end up slipping).

Elflein and Pocic are both ranked in the 60s in player rankings. That means that they are late 2nd/early 3rd prospects. The last thing that you want in the first round is a guard (according to value)...that is second only to a center. To think that a guard AND two centers could go in the first, is simply insane IMO. I would guess that Dion Dawkins (#r rated OT) would be taken in the first before one of the centers. I just feel that if Lamp (or any other lineman) is a "last resort" for us in the first, then thinking that a center that is rated WAAAAAY below Lamp (or the other top OTs for that matter) will be the pick...it's just not going to happen.

As for the DEs, I don't think that they are expected to start. They are expected to get some reps in this year, get bigger/stronger/faster, and then start the following year. DE is a crazy expensive position and top ones are hard to come by. So the pick would be more so investing in the future. Money saved there could go to signing another top lineman the following year if need be.

If Browns take Trubisky #1 overall, I will laugh my a## off.

There goes my mock. I did not expect QB to go that high but as I said, QB's always go higher than expected.

What a great trade for the Niners. Only drop 1 spot and pick up 2 extra 3rds (one next year) and a extra 4th

Thread is open for draft talk, sorry it's late.

Crazy draft. I was not expecting Davis or Trubisky going top 5

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758