Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    So the Pats signed Mike Gilleslie from the Bills and former Fins draft pick to an offer sheet of 2 yrs and 6.2M where he'd make 4M this year meant to make it difficult for the Bills to match. They did the same thing with Chris Hogan last year and signed Stephen Gilmore to a huge deal to take him away from them this offseason. Seems like the Bills won't match and will get a 5th rounder from the Pats. In news that directly affects us, that means that Damien Williams will most likely sign his tender with us now. Pats already have Dion Lewis and Burkhead and James White on top of now most likely having Mike.
    Nice find! Hopefully that's the case. Of course there are still 30 more teams that could still steal Williams out from under us, but we know that the Pats were interested. It's so annoying that the Pats have to poach the AFC East talent like that. Maybe they get better by making all of their opponents worse...good for them I guess.

Also, I was bummed to see Gillislee leave (after we drafted him). I feel like we had a solid back in him and (like almost always), his time here was squandered...especially playing behind our consistently BS line. He went to Buffalo and looked like a pretty damn good back. Now the World Champions want him. He must not be too bad.
    Last edited by Vegas_Phin1; 04-18-2017 at 10:27 PM.
    Coming Soon...Isaac Asiata

My final mock for first three rounds

Rd 1. Jarrad Davis
    Rd 2. Chris Wormley
    Rd 3. Isaac Asiata / Danny Isidora

Everybody rejoice!
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...145361879.html
    Fins linked to working out or summoning prospects such as Isaac Asiata, Taylor Moton, Dan Feeney and Forrest Lamp and also hosted Danny Isidora during Miami's local day.
    Once again read about safeties and TE projects. For sure we're going to take a safety with one of our 5th rounders maybe even 3rd rounder to replace Aikens and play right away on STs and with time develop behind Allen and Reshad and hopefully develop into a starter. Not forgetting that this is Aiken's last year and he really hasn't shown anything other than being a solid STs contributor.
    BRUH

It looks like Tannenbaum has been hard at work cozying up to the teams just before and just after us in the draft. He says that he's looking to acquire all of the picks that he can, but just like last year, he wants to be prepared to jump up a few spots for the right player if need be. I'm glad that he's doing his homework. Some part of me loves that he's willing to make deals on draft day; the other part is annoyed that we are missing some of our picks this year over players that have not shown a whole lot of promise to this point. Oh well, we have to take the good with the bad I guess. Just one more week till the moment of truth.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ire-more-picks

Also, the new schedule comes out tomorrow:

https://phinphanatic.com/2017/04/19/...oming-tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    It looks like Tannenbaum has been hard at work cozying up to the teams just before and just after us in the draft. He says that he's looking to acquire all of the picks that he can, but just like last year, he wants to be prepared to jump up a few spots for the right player if need be. I'm glad that he's doing his homework. Some part of me loves that he's willing to make deals on draft day; the other part is annoyed that we are missing some of our picks this year over players that have not shown a whole lot of promise to this point. Oh well, we have to take the good with the bad I guess. Just one more week till the moment of truth.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ire-more-picks

Also, the new schedule comes out tomorrow:

https://phinphanatic.com/2017/04/19/...oming-tomorrow
    If the guy(s) they crave at #22 are not there, I could definitely envision a trade back. I can see us picking up a 2nd & a 3rd for our 1st & 5th from a team sitting in the top 6 of the draft order, or gaining an extra 3rd or 4th to move back just a couple of spots. Say CLE wants Mahomes/Trubisky before they reach HOU, or SEA wants a OT before NYG pick at #23. there are definitely options available to move back.

If Reddick, Lamp and Ramczyk are gone, I would love nothing more than to get extra picks.

my 'close to last mock' has my hopeful pick, alternative and then surprise pick.

1. Hopeful - LB Haason Reddick; Alternative - OG Forrest Lamp; Surprise - DT Malik McDowell
    2. Hopeful - OC/OG Pat Elflein; Alternative - DT Chris Wormley; Surprise - CB Sidney Jones
    3. Hopeful - DT Carlos Watkins; Alternative - CB Teez Tabor; Surprise - QB Brad Kaaya

From here on out, there really are no surprises for me.

5. Hopeful - DT Jarron Jones; Alternative - OLB Hardy Nickerson Jr.
    5. Hopeful - DE Vince Biegel; Alternative - OG Jessaman Dunker
    5. Hopeful - QB Chad Kelly; Alternative - QB Joshua Dobbs
    7. DT Patrick Gamble

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    If the guy(s) they crave at #22 are not there, I could definitely envision a trade back. I can see us picking up a 2nd & a 3rd for our 1st & 5th from a team sitting in the top 6 of the draft order, or gaining an extra 3rd or 4th to move back just a couple of spots. Say CLE wants Mahomes/Trubisky before they reach HOU, or SEA wants a OT before NYG pick at #23. there are definitely options available to move back.

If Reddick, Lamp and Ramczyk are gone, I would love nothing more than to get extra picks.
    There are two possible keys to us being able to trade back (IMO)...the number of QBs that fall early and how many tackles are left on the board. If there is an early run on QBs (which I honestly don't think will happen) or if the top two tackles (Lamp included) disappear in the top 20, then we are golden if we want to trade back. If we could trade back a few spots and get Jarrad Davis or Tyus Bowser (for example) and add an additional third round pick, then I'd be ecstatic. Every year people fall, so I could see someone like Melifonwu still being there if we traded back to 25 or so. Honestly though, I really think we are going with DE or LB at 22. I just don't see how Lamp (or other O-lineman) happens unless the board is really f'd up and everyone is gone. Damn I want to see Lamp as the pick if there aren't any super-studs left on the board when we are up.

Who's ready for this years Laremy Tunsil?

Alabama ILB Reuben Foster failed his Combine drug test.

Foster's sample was diluted, which counts as a failed test. He's now in the league's substance-abuse program. Foster claims he failed the test because he was extremely ill and taking in an exceptional amount of fluids. This adds to a nightmare Combine for Foster, who was sent home after getting into an altercation with a hospital worker. Foster is recovering from shoulder surgery. Foster is an elite talent, but could fall to Day 2 because of his growing off-the-field concerns.
    BRUH

Gimme him all day

I'm not surprised one bit about Foster. I told everyone a month ago he was the likely candidate to slide to #22 with his off the field flaws. Miami has the vets on defense to mentor the young man if they select him

So we have 4 prime time games this season, 3 of them in a row.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C95J9mLXsAAryKF.jpg:large

Leaked schedule, some games could be wrong.

via PhinsiderRadio

2 things I found interesting about this possible schedule.

1. Miami plays Atlanta and Baltimore in preseason and regular season.

2. After week 11 bye week, Phins play Bills and Pats in a span of 3 weeks apart from their first meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Who's ready for this years Laremy Tunsil?

Alabama ILB Reuben Foster failed his Combine drug test.

Foster's sample was diluted, which counts as a failed test. He's now in the league's substance-abuse program. Foster claims he failed the test because he was extremely ill and taking in an exceptional amount of fluids. This adds to a nightmare Combine for Foster, who was sent home after getting into an altercation with a hospital worker. Foster is recovering from shoulder surgery. Foster is an elite talent, but could fall to Day 2 because of his growing off-the-field concerns.
    There is ZERO chance that he falls to us, but IF he were to...I wouldn't remotely hesitate to turn in the card. After reading the story, this is such BS. A "diluted sample" means that you were more hydrated than they expected. Literally nothing else. They figure that you must be trying to hide something if you drink so many fluids (it's circumstantial evidence that couldn't hold up in court...would be immediately dismissed).

I haven't done any drugs for over 10 years and I even failed a drug test due to a diluted sample. Why? Because I had to drink an insane amount of water to get myself to be able to piss while a person stood there and watched me. Had I done any drugs? 1000% absolutely not! Still, I failed a drug test. I had to retest 24 hours later, and surprise! I had no longer failed the drug test. It's just dumb and wrong IMO. If more info comes out later that he ACTUALLY had drugs in his system, then I will accept it. But for now, it means next to nothing.

I will say that this is GREAT news for us; if he fell to us, "ecstatic" wouldn't even begin to describe the pick. It would be two years in a row that we would get the perceived "best player in the draft". Last I had checked, they ADORE Tunsil...even after his gas mask incident. Foster would fall right into that category too I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by limebalz05 View Post
    I'm not surprised one bit about Foster. I told everyone a month ago he was the likely candidate to slide to #22 with his off the field flaws. Miami has the vets on defense to mentor the young man if they select him
    Well considering he's never failed a drug test while in college and came back positive this time for "drinking too much water"...I don't know why you aren't surprised one bit. The same guy that every single coach and teammate called "one of the nicest people they've ever met...and one of the best teammates ever", really doesn't deserve that view IMO (one grouchy day with a hospital employee shouldn't be the end all for his character). I agree that we have the vets to mentor him, but he's always been known to be the mentor to others. I would say that we have NOTHING to worry about by drafting him. We should all celebrate if we took him at 22...the odds against it happening though, are astronomically low. He'll be LONG gone...even with the "failed test".
    Last edited by Vegas_Phin1; 04-20-2017 at 10:06 PM.

just did a 2 round mock that i posted in the nfl draft forum.

However, in the 1st we traded down with Dallas and got 28, a 3rd and a 6th.

With 28 we took Jabrill Peppers, and got Dorian Johnson in the 2nd round.

JUSTISE FOR MIAMI

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast