Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    Love the moss pick , not sold on the qb and would've loved if we got the qb we tried to trade for but sounds like there's a good chance Webb will be good after development (few years with Eli and coach should help). Rb looks good .

Overall I feel we could've done better overall in this draft but we didn't do bad either so ..just feel kind of blah?

TE I'm excited , DE sounds good , Rb cool, no LB, couldn't improve oline , no depth CB but did add depth to dline I love that , really thought we'd grab an lb at some point but most were gone by each of our picks that's would be worth taking and foster shouldn't be taken over engram we needed better talent at TE .

Excited for is year but this entire offseason really sucked for us since it lacked the position we really needed .
    Had we traded up for Mahomes, we would not have been able to select Engram and we might have lost a draft pick. How could we have done better ? We replaced Hankins, a player with a very high IQ, for a very good defense. We added a TE , while not a blocker, he can be a defensive coordinator's nightmare. We added a QB who might be Eli's replacement someday. Remember he is the son of a football coach.

Why do you love the Moss pick ? Are you from Ohio ? Do you follow Youngstown St. Football ? Are you a graduate of Youngstown State ? Have you ever seen him play live ?
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 04-30-2017 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Had we traded up for Mahomes, we would not have been able to select Engram and we might have lost a draft pick. How could we have done better ? We replaced Hankins, a player with a very high IQ, for a very good defense. We added a TE , while not a blocker, he can be a defensive coordinator's nightmare. We added a QB who might be Eli's replacement someday. Remember he is the son of a football coach.

Why do you love the Moss pick ? Are you from Ohio ? Do you follow Youngstown St. Football ? Are you a graduate of Youngstown State ? Have you ever seen him play live ?

1- calm down lol

2- Mahomes we tried to trade for and we took basically his back up that's why I'd rather us have who we targeted.

3- I feel at most positions we could have moved a few spots maybe we couldn't find a trade partner it's not madden no one guarantees anything and people love leaping us (saints and pats come to mind) so I get it I just feel we could have either grabbed someone they really wanted or moved down a little and still got engram but I could be wrong but I feel that way with our 2nd and 4th pick too .

4- I just am not happy with Reese's approach being so predictable to other teams and lack of trade backs to get more picks but again no guarantee anyone would trade but only time we trade is up a little besides Collins that was awesome , I think we'd have been better off with having an extra pick in the top whateve 40-50 than having our 3rd 4th 5th and 6th picks (wouldn't cost all of them ) .

5- I'm simply saying each pick is good to me but I just feel we didn't take a risk and didn't try to get more picks .

6- Moss highlights aren't bad ? He's got a good draft profile on one of the sites some don't have him but poor mans tuck , ayers comparison with long arms great pass rusher and athletic is what I read...that's great for where we got him so I love it, if he's a bust oh well every picks a gamble all our picks can be garage or hofers at this point .

Why don't you love the moss pick?

Also the safety we signed UDFA has a good draft breakdown too and ok tape I like it .

I like every pick I just don't love any and this draft and offseason was mediocre for what we needed.

I could also point out every pick and say why it's bad .. What if the qbs just Nassib 2.0? TE can't handle over the middle in NFL , DT gets injured as he has had some problems , moss has character issues and you don't go in the late rounds if you have amazing talent without missing a lot somewhere , RB just like our TE too thin for what we want , slows down bulking up and relies too much on the speed they have now and losing it ruins them or they can't stay healthy being that thin or adding with eight hurts their legs..

Why don't u like moss or why do u like the picks? I agree with you on the stuff u said though , sitting behind Eli , mcadoo liked. The guy I think I heard and he'll help him (qb), DT seems like another solid Reese DT 2nd round pick lol , engram can open up our o and give us sooo much more play call wise and size helps Eli's needed that so between him and bmarsh should help red zone, rb competition will be ridiculous lol .

I'm just saying I don't love our top 4 picks , don't hate any really just idk ..

Eh true but I thought we would just because I wasn't sure what else we'd take besides lb/OL/DE and couldn't tell if we wanted a rb after passing on a few , I was really unsure this year I didn't follow much didn't like this draft or offseason overall anyway (like the prospects and who we could get not what jerry did or didn't do).

If we keep hall , we have Behre? Is BJax still here? Adams,DT,Collins,DRC,J2,Apple, Wade? And I think I forgot someone at FS/SS and CB lol

Plus I love th UDFA we got , well for a UDFA I forget his name he's like JJ ? Jarod? Safety has physical gifts,explosive,basically everything you want in a FS ball hawk from what I've read (obviously has flaws).

Think we got a good amount of safeties. Is Jackson still here ? Don't count Wade as a player would like to grab hall back lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

1- calm down lol

2- Mahomes we tried to trade for and we took basically his back up that's why I'd rather us have who we targeted.

3- I feel at most positions we could have moved a few spots maybe we couldn't find a trade partner it's not madden no one guarantees anything and people love leaping us (saints and pats come to mind) so I get it I just feel we could have either grabbed someone they really wanted or moved down a little and still got engram but I could be wrong but I feel that way with our 2nd and 4th pick too .

4- I just am not happy with Reese's approach being so predictable to other teams and lack of trade backs to get more picks but again no guarantee anyone would trade but only time we trade is up a little besides Collins that was awesome , I think we'd have been better off with having an extra pick in the top whateve 40-50 than having our 3rd 4th 5th and 6th picks (wouldn't cost all of them ) .

5- I'm simply saying each pick is good to me but I just feel we didn't take a risk and didn't try to get more picks .

6- Moss highlights aren't bad ? He's got a good draft profile on one of the sites some don't have him but poor mans tuck , ayers comparison with long arms great pass rusher and athletic is what I read...that's great for where we got him so I love it, if he's a bust oh well every picks a gamble all our picks can be garage or hofers at this point .

Why don't you love the moss pick?

Also the safety we signed UDFA has a good draft breakdown too and ok tape I like it .

I like every pick I just don't love any and this draft and offseason was mediocre for what we needed.
    As to the draft, who would you picked instead in the first 4 rounds ? Where would you have liked to trade up for and who were you eyeing to select.

I agree somewhat with your off season statement . We really did not address the OL , but I do not know the cap space we had and who we could have targeted and what they wanted. It is way above my pay grade.

I am not quite sure what you are saying about Mahomes ? Should we have done what KC did ? Didn't they have to give up a draft pick.?
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 04-30-2017 at 05:08 PM.

As to the draft, who would you picked instead in the first 4 rounds ? Where would you have liked to trade up for and who were you eyeing to select.

I agree somewhat with your off season statement . We really did not address the OL , but I do not know the cap space we had and who we could have targeted and what they wanted. It is way above my pay grade.

I am not quite sure what you are saying about Mahomes ? Should we have done what KC did ? Didn't they have to give up a draft pick.?
    What I feel with qbs is get the guy you targeted if you ever want him to be your starter or don't bother until round 4 unless someone's value in the 3rd is that much higher than any other pick you wait to take a qb .so either get Mahomes or wait u til round 4 and accept he may be a bust or you may strike gold but first 3 should have a chance to have immediate impacts .

What I feel with qbs is get the guy you targeted if you ever want him to be your starter or don't bother until round 4 unless someone's value in the 3rd is that much higher than any other pick you wait to take a qb .so either get Mahomes or wait u til round 4 and accept he may be a bust or you may strike gold but first 3 should have a chance to have immediate impacts .
    There is absolutely no evidence Reese was targeting Mahomes. He flat-out denied trying to trade up for him. They liked him, yes, but they were only going to consider taking him if he fell to 23, and even then only if he was the best player on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    There is absolutely no evidence Reese was targeting Mahomes. He flat-out denied trying to trade up for him. They liked him, yes, but they were only going to consider taking him if he fell to 23, and even then only if he was the best player on the board.
    Ok not what I had heard but I didn't look too deep so then that's better

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213