Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    Flowers is what ?

Young and terrible. But you wanna replace young and terrible with old and crappy ? Better of drafting someone.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Young and terrible. But you wanna replace young and terrible with old and crappy ? Better of drafting someone.
    Clady is a better LT than flowers

i would like to draft an OT but to depend on a rookie seems like we just did this .

Oh and we are drafting the back end of the draft so its not like we get to take the best one

Clady is a better LT than flowers

i would like to draft an OT but to depend on a rookie seems like we just did this .

Oh and we are drafting the back end of the draft so its not like we get to take the best one

A bandaid fix will not help. Flowers can still improve. Clady is a slight upgrade. how many superstar OL have been found later in the draft. It's not always about where you draft. Clady for 1 year like 3 mill sure worth the risk. But it's not anything that's going to fix the line. Only thing that would fix the line is Joe Thomas.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

FA DE Jared Odrick, who passed a physical on his #Patriots visit, is one to watch on if #Giants donít get Hankins back. Heíll take visits
    2017 NYfG's off-season checklist:
    New Offensive Coordinator [ ]
    Veteran WR to mentor WR core[ ]
    New LT [ ]
    Steve Hauschka[ ]
    Micha Hyde[ ]
    Dontrelle Inman [ ]
    Calais Campbell [ ]
    Malcolm Smith [ ]
    Mike Gillislee[ ]

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    A bandaid fix will not help. Flowers can still improve. Clady is a slight upgrade. how many superstar OL have been found later in the draft. It's not always about where you draft. Clady for 1 year like 3 mill sure worth the risk. But it's not anything that's going to fix the line. Only thing that would fix the line is Joe Thomas.
    I understand late round gems happen but you're willing to gamble on it ?
    We have a Franchise QB who's window isn't getting bigger. we have a very good defense and potential great offense we need blocking up front

This is our history of drafting Lineman. I am going off what JR and the Giants have done yes other teams find late round gems on the o line , We have not . Hart is a good late round and has played better than his draft spot but other than that. we have done better in FA

Round 4, Pick 117: James Brewer, OT.
    Round 4, Pick 131: Brandon Mosley, OT.
    Round 6, Pick 201: Matt McCants, OT.
    Round 1, Pick 19: Justin Pugh, OT.
    Round 7, Pick 225: Eric Herman, OL
    Round 2, Pick43: Weston Richburg
    Round 1, Pick 9: Ereck Flowers
    Round 7, Pick 226 : Bobby Hart

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Giants patience running low with Hankins
    Yeah, I'd say that this:
    #Giants DT Jonathan Hankins -- has tried for weeks to beat NYG's standing offer. Hasn't done it yet. They want an answer - per Ian Rapoport
    ...is a pretty good sign he will return. At the very least on a short deal so he can test the market again sometime soon.

And that would basically lock up our d-line for a while. Quite a wall even with some of the depth guys like Wynn, Owa, Okwara...

Which would also mean that their draft strategy can open up a little more. I mean Reese is Reese; can't rule out him re-signing Hankins and still picking a DT, but if there's a tie on their board, they can lean in another direction and they NEED CB depth more than anything right now. Even more than oline at this point.

I understand late round gems happen but you're willing to gamble on it ?
    We have a Franchise QB who's window isn't getting bigger. we have a very good defense and potential great offense we need blocking up front

This is our history of drafting Lineman. I am going off what JR and the Giants have done yes other teams find late round gems on the o line , We have not . Hart is a good late round and has played better than his draft spot but other than that. we have done better in FA

Round 4, Pick 117: James Brewer, OT.
    Round 4, Pick 131: Brandon Mosley, OT.
    Round 6, Pick 201: Matt McCants, OT.
    Round 1, Pick 19: Justin Pugh, OT.
    Round 7, Pick 225: Eric Herman, OL
    Round 2, Pick43: Weston Richburg
    Round 1, Pick 9: Ereck Flowers
    Round 7, Pick 226 : Bobby Hart

I mean are we ready to really say flowers is a bust? Clady isn't fixing much is my point. If he comes for a super cheap 1 year deal I'd be fine with it. But clady is pretty average.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

If they can get Hankins back for 1/$4-5m, that would be fantastic. Works for both parties. Hankins can test the market again next year after easing concerns about his injuries/blitzing. Giants grab run-stopper DT depth behind Snacks. Hankins can start and inflate his stats on a good defense. Giants can draft a 3-technique DT in the middle rounds for blitz packages.

Coty Sensabaugh off to Pittsburgh.

We signed CB Valentino Blake

Herzlich is back. Surprised, thought he was purely a TC guy who would head to the Jags. Glad he's staying. STs leader.

Hope they re-sign Leon Hall. Liked him as depth.

Yeah don't know much about Blake. Yeah hope we bring back hall. Need a 4th CB. If Blake is better than wade that would be great lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I think they will just draft a CB/S. This draft is deep with regards to DBs. I'm fine with 4th CB being a hole headed into the draft.

Valentino is just the new Wade.

For all the people that thought Herzlich was only on the roster because he had nudes of Tom Coughlin, here's proof that not only does he have Coughlin nudes, but McAdoo nudes as well.

But seriously, he's a great locker room guy and ST player. Happy to have him back.

Blake is honestly quite a bit of a moron, and a terrible CB. He's not necessarily a bat ST talent, but do you remember that one time in the Packers playoff game when Bobby Rainey sprinted towards the sideline to catch what would've been a kickoff going out of bounds? You probably should expect more stuff like that coming from Blake too.

What would you realistically offer the Browns for Joe Thomas ?

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast