Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    We can't go drafting a LT just bc it's a need. Especially in a class where the LT position is know as not good. How you think we got caught in this Erick Flowers nightmare? Forcing a need. I'm not passing on McCaffrey,Foster(🙏&#127997, Reddick etc simply to take a LT rd1 when they're not clearly better than the ones rd 3-4
    Drafting McCaffrey or Foster would be drafting need as well. I think you're trying to say that they're the better talent, and sure that's arguable, but neither of those guys I mentioned (Ramczyk, Bolles, Robinson) would be reaches at 23. You also don't move on from the Flowers nightmare by delaying the inevitable as much as possible. I'm pretty sure I remember Reese saying they'll address the LT as a need with Flowers moving elsewhere, and since we're in cap trouble the Draft looks like a much better way to do that than FA (unless they want to trade for someone). Also, I'd definitely pick either one of those prospects to play LT in a heartbeat, over a Newhouse/Jerry type of signing.

The Giants have expressed interest in former Raiders OT Menelik Watson.

Prince to the bears

Brett Jones might be the starting RG next year

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    I don't mind actually. He look good when he started for Pugh

Hopefully we can grab Watson for cheap. You need 1-2 guys like that. This would make up for losing Jerry & Newhouse.

I still think we head into the draft looking for OT, but I think here on out we will just be doing some depth signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    Him and hart aren't bad lineman honestly even Jerry looked ok . With all the worries of our oline I really think just getting our LT to pass block is good enough , ideally sure we'd want 2 new starters but the oline would be good enough with just better pass blocking from flowers.

Pugh,Wes,jones can make the other guy look good and if the LT (new guy or flowers) can just pass block better than last season with Marshall,Rhett plus perk&SS in 2nd year and coach more comfortable now I think our O will be so much better at everything it needs to be .

Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    Hopefully we can grab Watson for cheap. You need 1-2 guys like that. This would make up for losing Jerry & Newhouse.

I still think we head into the draft looking for OT, but I think here on out we will just be doing some depth signings.
    Watson to Denver,

OL D.J. Fluker has a scheduled visit with the Giants.

Nice. I thought Fluker would be the guy for us from the beginning if the price is right. Could be solid enough to move Flowers to the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    I don't mind actually. He look good when he started for Pugh
    Weird. I've seen a few compliments on Jones' play, but I swear he looked off to me and got beat too often.

Just gonna take a wild guess and say that Fluker's price just got bigger than what the Giants value him at...

I think at this point it's pretty clear that we can't fix the line via FA. Mediocre guys are getting paid too much. I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say the Giants will use 2 of their top 3 picks on OL. One guy will start the other guy will compete for a job.

And one guy we will pick up in FA like Fluker to be the new Jerry/Newhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Nice. I thought Fluker would be the guy for us from the beginning if the price is right. Could be solid enough to move Flowers to the right side.

Weird. I've seen a few compliments on Jones' play, but I swear he looked off to me and got beat too often.
    Am I missing something? I thought Fluker played RT in the beginning of his career, was bad enough the Chargers had to move him inside, where he struggled as well. I don't know if that's who I trust to take over the LT spot.

Fluker is a Rg
    Damn it just sign bechum already Jr

Newhouse going to the Raiders .. he couldn't block the average lineman in the nfc east .

Good thing the afc west doesn't have some of the elite pass rushers .....

QB Geno Smith met with the Giants today.
    Keep calm fellas lmaooooo I'd rather sign EJ Manuel

so are we gonna get a kicker or...

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast