Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 115 1231151101 ... LastLast

Raiders Free Agency Discussion:Thoughts and Ideas

Raiders Free agency discussion here

Purely estimates at this point in time: Took these totals from Overthecap
    Estimated salary Cap: $168,000,000
    Raiders bring over cap from 2016,New estimated cap total:$176,822,910
    Raiders estimated cap space:$51,553,397
    Last edited by HunterNRoss; 01-08-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Never Forget

The Carr and Mack contract should get done first, we should be able to add an impact FA though. Add a Tackle and all defense for the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    The Carr and Mack contract should get done first, we should be able to add an impact FA though. Add a Tackle and all defense for the draft.
    I dont expect Mack's to get done this year. Likely after next season. Mack still has 4th year, 5th year option then Franchise tag if they need it. This allows Raiders to front load some of Carrs contract while still giving them plenty of cap to reload.

Few good RTs in this free agency.

I do expect to go defense heavy in this draft.

Never Forget

Let's start with our own FAs. Possible keepers: Riley, McGee, Condo and Watson. On the bubble: Murray, Smith and Allen. Hayden, Rivera and McGloin likely gone. What we do with these guys will determine our course of action.

Even after the Carr and Mack extensions we should have 20 million left in cap if we cut Dan Williams. That should be enough to retain a couple depth guys and sign one or two impact guys.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The dynamics of FA signings for us should start to change. Players are more willing to tie up to a strong performing club with money as a secondary concern. We have holes but we're removed from the rebuilding mode. It will be more advantageous for us to reign in short term FAs and get instant production....
    "..When you have great coaches, then after you have great coaches you get great players, you have a great organization, and you tell them one thing-

Just win baby"

~ Al Davis ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rat View Post
    Let's start with our own FAs. Possible keepers: Riley, McGee, Condo and Watson. On the bubble: Murray, Smith and Allen. Hayden, Rivera and McGloin likely gone. What we do with these guys will determine our course of action.
    I can see Watson back on a 1 year prove it deal. Dont expect him to get more then 1 year from us.

Riley would be a good resign and low end starting ILB's dont earn much. Freeman from the Bears got 4m a year and I'm not sure Riley gets 4m.

I know not everyone likes Allen but he played well for us when he come off the bench. Depends on what he is looking to get. He could look for a potential starting spot elsewhere.

Condo has been a great LS for years and long snapper is not a expensive position. Only would cost like 1m to resign. Unless they really want to get younger I can see them resigning Condo.

This 4-3 OLB FA class is pretty weak. After Donta Hightower Smith could potentially be the best one out there. Smith has been up and down all year but he hasnt had much help. He may receive more in free agency.

I would also include Brynden Trawick as a possible resign. Strong special team player and looked descent as a reserve S yesterday and last week.

Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    The dynamics of FA signings for us should start to change. Players are more willing to tie up to a strong performing club with money as a secondary concern. We have holes but we're removed from the rebuilding mode. It will be more advantageous for us to reign in short term FAs and get instant production....
    It's going to be an interesting offseason to say the least.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

Maybe 1 off-season and FA thread combined itsnduplicate convos what do you think?

No, I think as the off-season moves on their will be more news other then FA. Such as coaching decisions, relocation news, and stadium news.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Maybe 1 off-season and FA thread combined itsnduplicate convos what do you think?
    They started off on similar paths but it tends to happen that way. As Kobe said itll balance itself out as more news comes out. Today is day 1 of our offseason. There will be lots of news that will fill it up in the coming weeks with possible firings, cuts, stadium news, and so on.

Never Forget

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I can see Watson back on a 1 year prove it deal. Dont expect him to get more then 1 year from us.

Riley would be a good resign and low end starting ILB's dont earn much. Freeman from the Bears got 4m a year and I'm not sure Riley gets 4m.

I know not everyone likes Allen but he played well for us when he come off the bench. Depends on what he is looking to get. He could look for a potential starting spot elsewhere.

Condo has been a great LS for years and long snapper is not a expensive position. Only would cost like 1m to resign. Unless they really want to get younger I can see them resigning Condo.

This 4-3 OLB FA class is pretty weak. After Donta Hightower Smith could potentially be the best one out there. Smith has been up and down all year but he hasnt had much help. He may receive more in free agency.

I would also include Brynden Trawick as a possible resign. Strong special team player and looked descent as a reserve S yesterday and last week.
    The SportTrac link to Raider free agents estimated an average annual contract for Murray at $3.3m. Assuming a cap of $160m, that's a small percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rat View Post
    The SportTrac link to Raider free agents estimated an average annual contract for Murray at $3.3m. Assuming a cap of $160m, that's a small percentage.
    Maybe its just be but I have a feeling he is going to get 5M+ in free agency.

Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Maybe its just be but I have a feeling he is going to get 5M+ in free agency.
    At that salary, he's going to be known as an Ex Raider. Be interesting to see how that plays out.

Page 1 of 115 1231151101 ... LastLast