Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Tim Raines, Jeff Bagwell, and Ivan Rodriguez elected into Hall of Fame

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...E2Lu5P1f92OW8o

Looking good for Raines, Bagwell, Vlad, and Pudge

Vlad is right at 75% at this moment. Raines and Bagwell look like shoe-ins, which is incredible considering the Rock has had such a challenge. Pudge isn't a surprise and Bagwell deserved to get in awhile ago.

Clemens and Bonds are clearly getting more and more support as well. And Edgar is shooting up the ranks pretty well.

Thought people would want to see this so far.

I have no issue with PED users but many voters obviously do, which surprises me about Bagwell and Pudge. In spring training 2004, they both arrived to camp about 30-40 pounds lighter than they ended the '03 season at. Hmm.

Sounds like dieting to me

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Come on, it was more than that

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool:31387716
    Sounds like they didn't do everything to improve their performance. Bonds & countless others took supplements to improve their performance, which in turn, improves their teams' performance. The whole "PEDs are bad" makes zero sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    I have no issue with PED users but many voters obviously do, which surprises me about Bagwell and Pudge. In spring training 2004, they both arrived to camp about 30-40 pounds lighter than they ended the '03 season at. Hmm.
    Pudge I believe was in Canseco's book as well. Open the flood gates. Here come the Roid Boys. You might as well put Sosa and Palmero in while you're at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

I wonder if Edgar shooting up has anything to do with David Ortiz's retirement. Just pure speculation on my end, and probably nothing to read into, but I figured I would say it and let you guys talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    Pudge I believe was in Canseco's book as well. Open the flood gates. Here come the Roid Boys. You might as well put Sosa and Palmero in while you're at it.
    Pudge is better than both of Sosa and Palmerio.

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    What was MLB going to do? Pretend like a whole era of players didn't exist because an undetermined % of players used PEDs? Lets go 15 years without electing one HOFer because Canseco in part used hearsay on multiple players he had no direct knowledge of using steroids.

I think MLB writers are smart enough (for the most part) to know who are the guys who belong in even with PED suspicion. I would worry more about their potential bias because a major league player blew them off for an interview.

Oh and btw, there is a big difference between putting in Barry Bonds and putting in Sammy Sosa.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-06-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I wonder if Edgar shooting up has anything to do with David Ortiz's retirement. Just pure speculation on my end, and probably nothing to read into, but I figured I would say it and let you guys talk about it.
    I started talking about this about two years ago. Ortiz going in (looks like it now), makes it clear that Edgar should be in. Edgar was a better player (actually played 3B in about 28% of his games). But Ortiz was a playoff monster and Edgar was not.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I started talking about this about two years ago. Ortiz going in (looks like it now), makes it clear that Edgar should be in. Edgar was a better player (actually played 3B in about 28% of his games). But Ortiz was a playoff monster and Edgar was not.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjWIcin2LAo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWYQwDgICug
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8SBJzOEcyU
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 01-08-2017 at 02:13 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

can you post a legit source and not a one drive document

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    What was MLB going to do? Pretend like a whole era of players didn't exist because an undetermined % of players used PEDs? Lets go 15 years without electing one HOFer because Canseco in part used hearsay on multiple players he had no direct knowledge of using steroids.

I think MLB writers are smart enough (for the most part) to know who are the guys who belong in even with PED suspicion. I would worry more about their potential bias because a major league player blew them off for an interview.

Oh and btw, there is a big difference between putting in Barry Bonds and putting in Sammy Sosa.
    I think that in bold is a bit much. I think what is happening is the older writers are slowly being replaced by writers who grew up in the PED era.

I am not about pretending. The not getting in shows it did happen. They were already rewarded with an absorbent amount of money.

You saying, "I think MLB writers are smart enough (for the most part) to know who are the guys who belong in even with PED suspicion." is no more better or worse than basing decisions on hearsay. How much do you take off? 25%, 50%, 75%? What about someone like Arod who has it around him that he's done them since he was 18? How much do you take off?

If you put one in without knowing and you find out later they did, pull them out. And I say that with even liking Rickey Henderson as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    can you post a legit source and not a one drive document
    Are you referring to the original document?

It's a user made excel sheet. That's how they track this every year as the ballots become public.

Until the announcement, this is all we have.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast