2b-Altuve, Cano, Kinsler

SS-Lindor, Seagar, Correra

3b-Beltre, Bryant, Machado

LF-Yelich, Marte, Cespedes

CF-Trout, Fowler, McCutchen

RF-Betts, Springer, Harper
    Beltre over Donaldson and Arenado? Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

It wasn't an easy decision but in the end I felt Beltre was a better 3rd baseman defensively.
    Last edited by Claymation; 01-10-2017 at 05:44 PM.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

C: Lucroy, Posey, Ramos
    1B: Rizzo, Freeman, Votto
    2B: Altuve, Cano, Kinsler
    3B: Bryant, Donaldson, Machado
    SS: Seager, Lindor, Correa
    LF: J. Ramirez, Yelich, Braun
    CF: Trout, Eaton, Bradley, Jr.
    RF: Betts, Springer, Harper.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    It wasn't an easy decision but in the end I felt Beltre was a better 3rd baseman defensively.
    I just looked at Beltre's numbers from last year and wow I didn't realize how good he still is. I can see the argument over Arenado now. But I still can't choose him over Donaldson.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I just looked at Beltre's numbers from last year and wow I didn't realize how good he still is. I can see the argument over Arenado now. But I still can't choose him over Donaldson.
    That's fair, I looked at all 5 of them and I could make an argument for any three of them.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

C - Posey, Lucroy, McCann

1B - Goldy, Rizzo, Votto

2B - Altuve, Cano, Murphy

SS - Seager, Correa, Bogaerts

3B - Donaldson, Bryant, Arenado

LF - Marte, Cespedes, Braun

CF - Trout, Fowler, Blackmon

RF - Stanton, Betts, Harper

That third catcher's spot is tough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    It's a what have you done for me lately league. He's probably not even considered the best OFer in Pittsburgh right now. That would be Starling Marte. We'll see if Cutch can rebound this year.
    I get it know. And agree after last year he shouldn't be top 3, but if you look back at the last 5 years he should be up there. Didn't know this was a top 3 now league.

Aaron Judge- MLB's Next Rising Star!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyEagle View Post
    I get it know. And agree after last year he shouldn't be top 3, but if you look back at the last 5 years he should be up there. Didn't know this was a top 3 now league.
    I mean, I don't disagree. This is kind of a subjective list. All these lists are. A lot of it is how well you think a player is going to do moving forward and we just can't know for sure. I have no problem including McCutchen in my top 9 OFers. He's very much in that conversation just based on his track record and being still only 30 years old. He may have experienced a real decline in certain areas of his game, but he could still easily be a 5+ WAR OFer if he gets his BABIP up to his normal levels and cuts down on his strikeouts a bit. I see no reason why he can't.
    Marmolololololol

My 2Bs are

Altuve
    Cano
    Pedroia.

Pedroia is more consistent when healthy and better than Kinsler, higher career WAR in 130 less games and a year younger.

Harper over Betts... I love Betts but Harper is just better and actually younger (barely)
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

These will IMO have the best stats in 2017 at their respective position:
    C- Posey / Lucroy / Sanchez
    1B- Goldchmidt / Votto / Rizzo
    2B- Cano / Altuve / Kinsler
    3B- Bryant / Arenado / Machado
    SS- Seager / Turner / Correa
    CF- Trout / Marte / Pollock
    RF- Betts / Harper / JD Martinez
    LF- Cespedes / Braun / Yelich
    DH- Mark Trumbo / Nelson Cruz / Carlos Beltran

Masahiro Tanaka 2016 Stats:

Wins 13 | Losses 4 | 193.2 IPs | 34 Walks | 160 Strikeouts | 2.97 ERA | 1.06 WHIP

I'd bet on Betts repeating a 9 WAR season before Bryce TBH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12