Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rank the top 3 players at each position (position players only)

Trying to get activity back up in here a bit, go ahead. Who are the top 3 players at each position right now?

C
    Posey
    Lucroy
    Yadi/Martin

1B
    Rizzo
    Goldy
    Miggy/Freeman/Votto

2B
    Altuve
    Kinsler
    Dozier/Cano

3B
    Donaldson
    Machado
    Bryant

SS
    Lindor
    Correa
    Bogaerts/Crawford

9 OFers without an order
    Trout
    Harper
    Betts
    Cespedes
    Springer
    Eaton
    JBJ
    Fowler
    Yelich/Cruz

Thoughts?

I'm not holding any of these players at these positions as locks and true. Just debating where guys should land

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Trying to get activity back up in here a bit, go ahead. Who are the top 3 players at each position right now?

C
    Posey
    Lucroy
    Yadi/Martin

1B
    Rizzo
    Goldy
    Miggy/Freeman/Votto

2B
    Altuve
    Kinsler
    Dozier/Cano

3B
    Donaldson
    Machado
    Bryant

SS
    Lindor
    Correa
    Bogaerts/Crawford

9 OFers without an order
    Trout
    Harper
    Betts
    Cespedes
    Springer
    Eaton
    JBJ
    Fowler
    Yelich/Cruz

Thoughts?

I'm not holding any of these players at these positions as locks and true. Just debating where guys should land
    No Seager at SS?

He probably should be on there

- Seager 100% should be on there. I got him as the #1 SS right now.

- I'd have to do some research on OFers because it just feels like some names are missing from that list.

- Does Gary Sanchez crack the top 3 for catchers? I'd rather have him for this upcoming season than Yadi or Martin personally. But if I had to choose between Yadi and Martin, then give me Yadi. Another name is Sal Perez. He's gotta be up there.

I think the rest of the list more or less looks accurate.

Now here is a question... how much do we value positional flexibility? For instance Machado vs Donaldson might be impacted by the consideration that Machado could probably play SS. And then you also have Bryant who can play multiple positions himself. There is certainly a strong value in this.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 01-06-2017 at 02:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Also, I think CF should be it's own position separate from LF/RF. It's a different skill set out there.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

McCutchen

Aaron Judge- MLB's Next Rising Star!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyEagle View Post
    McCutchen
    After last year, no way. Even if he had been great prior. He needs to rebound to be top 3 again. And too many negatives came into play last year that are concerning for his future.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyEagle View Post
    McCutchen
    It's a what have you done for me lately league. He's probably not even considered the best OFer in Pittsburgh right now. That would be Starling Marte. We'll see if Cutch can rebound this year.
    Marmolololololol

Marte and Calhoun are both possible chooses.

C
    Jonathan Lucroy
    Buster Posey
    Yadier Molina

1B
    Anthony Rizzo
    Paul Goldschmidt
    Joey Votto

2B
    Jose Altuve
    Ian Kinsler
    Dustin Pedroia

3B
    Nolan Arenado
    Josh Donaldson
    Kris Bryant

SS
    Corey Seager
    Francisco Lindor
    Manny Machado

LF
    Christian Yelich
    Yoenis Cespedes
    Starling Marte

CF
    Mike Trout
    Dexter Fowler
    Jackie Bradley Jr.

RF
    Mookie Betts
    Bryce Harper
    George Springer

JD Martinez is another one. There are probably several more OFers who could be argued for the top 9.
    Marmolololololol

Catcher: Posey, Lucroy, Yadier

First: Goldscmidt, Rizzo, Votto

Second: Altuve, Cano, Kinsler

Third: Donaldson, Bryant, Machado

Shortstop: Crawford is still there, and then pick two from Seager/Lindor/Bogaerts/Correa

Left: Marte, Cespedes, Braun

Center: Trout, Pollock, Eaton

Right: Harper, Betts, Springer

Feel pretty decent about that. The third catcher is definitely debatable. Picking your favorite young SS is debatable. Outfield feels right...though Bruan over Yelich was iffy.
    this my sig

C-Ramos, Posey and Lucroy

1b-Votto, Cabrera, Freeman

2b-Altuve, Cano, Kinsler

SS-Lindor, Seagar, Correra

3b-Beltre, Bryant, Machado

LF-Yelich, Marte, Cespedes

CF-Trout, Fowler, McCutchen

RF-Betts, Springer, Harper

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Shortstop is the toughest position to rank in my mind. Seager, Lindor and Correa are all legitimate top seed possibilities. And after this season, with a longer track record, Swanson and Turner could challenge for the top spot too.

As for First Base, Miggy and Votto are both 33. I'll be curious to see if they can continue hitting at elite levels for another season.

I'm also surprised no one mentioned Daniel Murphy in their top three at Second. I know defensively he is a liability. But he is also the best hitter at the position (other than maybe Altuve). I'm personally not sure if I'm willing to sacrifice over 100 OPS points for the quality defense when ranking players.

PS: I've been a big Christian Yelich supporter for a while now, and in 2016 he finally started to hit for power. I'm sure Yelich is untouchable in trade talks for the time being. But in their quest for pitching help Miami dealt Yelich to a team that plays in a hitter friendly park his upside would take a nice step forward.
    Last edited by Prior22; 01-10-2017 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prior22 View Post
    Shortstop is the toughest position to rank in my mind. Seager, Lindor and Correa are all legitimate top seed possibilities. And after this season, with a longer track record, Swanson and Turner could challenge for the top spot too.

As for First Base, Miggy and Votto are both 33. I'll be curious to see if they can continue hitting at elite levels for another season.

I'm also surprised no one mentioned Daniel Murphy in their top three at Second. I know defensively he is a liability. But he is also the best hitter at the position (other than maybe Altuve). I'm personally not sure if I'm willing to sacrifice over 100 OPS points for the quality defense when ranking players.

PS: I've been a big Christian Yelich supporter for a while now, and in 2016 he finally started to hit for power. I'm sure Yelich is untouchable in trade talks for the time being. But in their quest for pitching help Miami dealt Yelich to a team that plays in a hitter friendly park his upside would take a nice step forward.
    I need more consistency from Murphy. His glove blows.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast