Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Name one realistic trade you'd like your team to make still this off-season

Realistic as in, it's realistic it can happen and makes sense for both teams.

I'd like the cards to find a trade partner for Matt Adams and bring back Brandon Moss on a two year deal.

Adams won't be in huge demand, but for a AA reliever, he is worth the acquisition.

My suggestion would be Adams to the Rays for Taylor Guerrieri

Adams has two years left of arbitration control and the Rays lack a 1B/DH outside of Miller who is really a shortstop and they have payroll constraints preventing them from buying a decent hitter in free agency like they need to. Adams is cost controlled and should cost around 2/6-8 for both seasons depending how he plays in 2017.

Guerreri hasn't reached his potential and is listed as the Rays 13th best prospect now by John Sickels. He is entering his age 24 season and is slated for AA/AAA range. He doesn't have the K numbers to be an elite pitcher, but could have the durability to be a back end starter or long reliever. He is way down their depth chart at this point, but the Cards could use an arm to fill that blank between the high end arms and the far away arms in the minor leagues.

I felt this was realistic enough and makes sense for both teams.

Do you have one?

Dozier to the Dodgers for JDL+

STL trades Matt Adams to KC for Jarrod Dyson.

This gives KC a great option at DH or 1B to spell Hosmer.

Then STL can finally have some speed off the bench and a great defensive OFer to spell guy late in games. They can also resign Brandon Moss for the backup 1B/LF/RF role

Id love for the Giants to make that push for JD. I don't really know how realistic it is. With our farm system too many teams can just step over us if they want the risk of losing him right after they get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    STL trades Matt Adams to KC for Jarrod Dyson.

This gives KC a great option at DH or 1B to spell Hosmer.

Then STL can finally have some speed off the bench and a great defensive OFer to spell guy late in games. They can also resign Brandon Moss for the backup 1B/LF/RF role
    And Jarrod Dyson was traded today so nevermind haha

Well dont know how realistic it is but would like to see the Cubs and Tampa work out a trade. Tampa needs young cheap hitting and the Cubs need young SP. Forsythe is a FA after 2017 so Ian Happ for Brent Honeywell makes sense for both i think. Maybe the Cubs need to add another small piece not sure.

Honeywell is gonna be a beast. A framework centered on those 2 would be great. I'm just not sure Tampa would do it. They seem to hoard arms.
    Last edited by WOwolfOL; 01-07-2017 at 12:25 AM.

Name one realistic trade you'd like your team to make still this off-season

Quintana to either the Pirates or Astros. He's worth a ton, so pick some top prospects and go.

I prefer the Jays play in the FA market for their 1-2 OFs and backup catcher unless something comes cheap.

I am thinking smaller, opening up that bench spot that Smoak currently holds and signing someone a bit more flexible would be ideal.

Smoak is owed 8.5M over two years. Jays need a lefty arm and the Pirates have 4 in their pen already. I was thinking Bastardo at 6M for Smoak (but the Jays retain 1.25) to even the salaries out. It works for the Jays but probably less desirable for the Pirates as they already have Jaso. Both Bastardo and Smoak had a negative WAR last season.

Steven Matz for Alex Bregman.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Jay Bruce for Jeremy Jeffress. Mets pay for Bruce's entire salary.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Steven Matz for Alex Bregman.
    I feel that would be a significant overpay for the Astros

Bregman is their third basemen of the future, and I doubt they would move him at all. Much less for Matz.

Matz would be their 2nd best pitcher. And he is under control for 5 more years. They need pitching, Mets need a bat.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Matz would be their 2nd best pitcher. And he is under control for 5 more years. They need pitching, Mets need a bat.
    You are going to have to shoot lower than one of their three to fifth best assets.

If they are giving up Bregman, than they can do better than Matz. They should be going after Q if that is the case.

Matz needs to prove he can stay healthy to have the value you figure he has, IMO

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast