Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    He will have competition from Axel fairly soon. Even 8 mil is seeming a little high right now.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Last night, snell played 28 minutes without recording a point, assist, rebound, steal or block. He had 1 foul and was 0/2 shooting. How is a guy who can play basically full minutes in a game have such little impact and be worth 10 mill per year. I don't get how anyone thinks he's worth more than $5/6 mill per year max.
    You can't base anything on 1 game, especially when they haven,t played a game in 9 days. Monroe wasn't worth $17 Mil last nite either. Is he worth more than 5/6 mil? I don't know, but he's more valuable than Telly and probably more valuable than Henson. He definately fits as a rotation player and now that we didn't trade him, we're stuck trying to resign him. The Team likes him and consider him a top priority in the off season, but hopefully we don't pay him $12/13 Mil.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    You can't base anything on 1 game, especially when they haven,t played a game in 9 days. Monroe wasn't worth $17 Mil last nite either. Is he worth more than 5/6 mil? I don't know, but he's more valuable than Telly and probably more valuable than Henson. He definately fits as a rotation player and now that we didn't trade him, we're stuck trying to resign him. The Team likes him and consider him a top priority in the off season, but hopefully we don't pay him $12/13 Mil.
    I don't think Snell is a viable backup. He only gets burn with us because Middleton was hurt and frankly we have no better option. I don't see Snell as much of an upgrade over Vaughn though.

Difference between him and Monroe, first Monroe had a very bad matchup last night, Snell didn't. Second, Monroe continue to put up good numbers and Snell puts up garbage. This isn't based on one game is based on the entire season. Monroe is one of the most efficient bigs in the game and Snell is one of the least efficient guards.

I'd let Snell walk. Actually if I was GM I would of sent him to the Wolves for a future second round pick at trade deadline.

I think I let Snell walk too because he is going to get 8 mill or more from someone. One of the least efficient guards? How you figure. 45.6 percent shooting, 40 from 3. Doesn't take bad shots. His problem is he's dependent on others to score. Delly for a PG isn't a good passer. Snell is surrounded by overall underwhelming talent. He'd be great with a team like the Cavs with LeBron, Irving others making plays for him and him having wide open 3s. Doesn't get as many when just Giannis now draws that kind of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I think I let Snell walk too because he is going to get 8 mill or more from someone. One of the least efficient guards? How you figure. 45.6 percent shooting, 40 from 3. Doesn't take bad shots. His problem is he's dependent on others to score. Delly for a PG isn't a good passer. Snell is surrounded by overall underwhelming talent. He'd be great with a team like the Cavs with LeBron, Irving others making plays for him and him having wide open 3s. Doesn't get as many when just Giannis now draws that kind of attention.
    9.47 PER, that sucks. Shooting percentage aside, he can't create his own shot, when all you're doing is shooting wide open jumpers you should have a great percentage. He doesn't do anything else positive on the court.

But even when other guys have bad games they still manage to impact the game in some capacity. Snell literally put up no meaningful stats and he player over half the game.

Snell literally does one thing at an above average level and that is shoot spot up, uncontested 3s. If shooting is going to be your only game, then you better be at a Kyle Korver level where you can hit contested 3s and be a guy who can come off threes and launch efficiently in those situations. Snell doesn't do that. And even on top of that, his assist rate is putrid when compared to basicslllybany guard and is even pretty bad for a center.

According to fox sports, there's only five players in the NBA with both their assist percentage and rebound percentage under 7%, those guys are an ancient Richard Jefferson, nick young, Allen crabbe, luc Richard mbah a moute and snell. That's not a good group to be in. And of that group, only Richard Jefferson had a worse area rate.

In all honesty, for a guy with his size (who isn't some horrible athlete), it's incredible how little statistical impact he truly has on games.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 02-26-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Wish we traded Snell to the Wolves at the trade deadline. Even for a future second round pick. Now hopefully Zanik is better then Hammond for free agent signings. That's the glaring hole Hammond lacked. Hammond always over paid. Hammond is great at drafting and some trading. But signing free agents was Hammond glaring weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Wish we traded Snell to the Wolves at the trade deadline. Even for a future second round pick. Now hopefully Zanik is better then Hammond for free agent signings. That's the glaring hole Hammond lacked. Hammond always over paid. Hammond is great at drafting and some trading. But signing free agents was Hammond glaring weakness.
    Snell does a lot of things that don't show up like a thing many Bucks can't do play solid man-to-man defense and not give up the lane constantly. He was great vs. Booker today even though Booker hit 2 tough shots in the first quarter. Snell was great today on the defensive end. Had 13-3-2 and solid defense. A bad thing for him is he has to play with Delly who it's amazing that for a PG to be uncomfortable driving off the bounce. Can't do much and doesn't create for others. I would still let Snell walk if it's over 8 million, but if it is under that I wouldn't mind bring him back. Delly might be worse FA contract since Simmons coming from another team. He is awful and doesn't do anything for his teammates to get them open shots as a PG. That's tough. Is Snell great? No. But he's a solid rotation guy that gets stuck playing with Delly. Wonder what splits are with Brogdon and Delly for players on the Bucks?

http://behindthebuckpass.com/2017/03...lls-awakening/

Article mentions Snell's excellent shooting this year. Also his pending RFA. Also mentions Wolves did have some interests in him at trade deadline.

Since his 28 minute, 0 points and 0 stats game, Tony Snell has played much better than he had throughout most of the season. It seems playing with Middleton has rubbed off and now we have 2 Middletons, minus the ball handling and passing. His defense looks worlds better now and he wasn't that bad before. To me he has solidified himself as a starter on this team and a perfect compliment to Giannis and Middleton. I'm offering $8 Mil per 1 minute after the season ends and hoping we're lucky enough that he takes it.

This team has found it's identity with the return of Middleton and that identity is based on 3 very long players at the 2, 3 and 4 positions making deflections, creating turnovers and being disruptive defensively. This is what this team needs to hang it's hat on for now and for the future. We can't afford to let Snell leave and take another step backwards. I like this team with the exception of the Center position and perhaps another PG. Snells game is starting to evolve and his defense appears to be the best on the team, since the return of Kris Middleton.

Earlier in the year several of you guy's said Snell is what he is, an ok defender that shoots 3's in the mid 30% range and thats what he's always going to be. Now he's over 40% on the season and over 45% in 2017. I can see a 45% season next year and maybe 12 ppg along side Middleton and Giannis, to go along with very good defense. Snell is evolving into the poster boy or definition of a 3 and D wing. Isn't that what we've been looking for all along?

Since his 28 minute, 0 points and 0 stats game, Tony Snell has played much better than he had throughout most of the season. It seems playing with Middleton has rubbed off and now we have 2 Middletons, minus the ball handling and passing. His defense looks worlds better now and he wasn't that bad before. To me he has solidified himself as a starter on this team and a perfect compliment to Giannis and Middleton. I'm offering $8 Mil per 1 minute after the season ends and hoping we're lucky enough that he takes it.

This team has found it's identity with the return of Middleton and that identity is based on 3 very long players at the 2, 3 and 4 positions making deflections, creating turnovers and being disruptive defensively. This is what this team needs to hang it's hat on for now and for the future. We can't afford to let Snell leave and take another step backwards. I like this team with the exception of the Center position and perhaps another PG. Snells game is starting to evolve and his defense appears to be the best on the team, since the return of Kris Middleton.

Earlier in the year several of you guy's said Snell is what he is, an ok defender that shoots 3's in the mid 30% range and thats what he's always going to be. Now he's over 40% on the season and over 45% in 2017. I can see a 45% season next year and maybe 12 ppg along side Middleton and Giannis, to go along with very good defense. Snell is evolving into the poster boy or definition of a 3 and D wing. Isn't that what we've been looking for all along?
    I am kind of torn. Snell leaving would hurt but not sure a guy like Beachem from ND couldn't do what he does or close to it. Scary to pay a guy that has a good year in his contract year crazy money. Look at Portland with Crabbe and Hawks with Bazemore. I think Snell does fit well but if he doesn't take 4-40 might have to look elsewhere unless team can trade a Henson or Delly contract. I hope Moose opts in.....not likely but hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I am kind of torn. Snell leaving would hurt but not sure a guy like Beachem from ND couldn't do what he does or close to it. Scary to pay a guy that has a good year in his contract year crazy money. Look at Portland with Crabbe and Hawks with Bazemore. I think Snell does fit well but if he doesn't take 4-40 might have to look elsewhere unless team can trade a Henson or Delly contract. I hope Moose opts in.....not likely but hoping.
    I'd agree that we don't want to way over pay to keep him. If someone offers well above $10 Mil per season, then we'll have to let him walk. I think he fits very well though, especailly defensively and I think he's happy here and I expect him to stay on a reasonable contract. I would bet he'll take less to stay in Milwaukee, because he appreciates the opportunity he was given and he understands his fit on this team.

That's the thing I'm worried about. We keep Snell. Then we draft a duplicate guy that's could easily replace him. We already have that with Brogdon/Delly and lessor extent of Telly/Maker.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast