Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Trade Rumours Thread

Here's a thread for 99% ******** trade rumours. Discuss.

These aren't real rumors but I could post them on my twitter and then there would at least be a "source". I came up with 2 trades last night that I can see working for both teams.

Golden State trades Andre Igudala to Sacramento for Willy Cauley-Stein and Matt Barnes or Ben McLemore.

Chicago trades Rajon Rondo to Denver for Jameer Nelson, Mike Miller(filler) and a low level young player like Juancho Hernangomez or Malik Beasley or a protected 1st Round pick.

In the first deal GS gets a young Center that would fit very well with them. They also get a wing to replace Igudala's spot in the lineup. The Kings may be giving up too much but teams that are desperate to make the playoffs will do that. They have that Center they picked first round in this draft and still have Koufos so I can make an argument that Cauley-Stein is expendable to them.

Denver may also be thinking of making a run for the 8th spot. Rondo is considered toxic by many but Denver is 1 team that I can see benefiting from a true floor general at PG. Mudiay has improved but that team could really use someone that can get assists at a high rate imo. Rondo would be a gamble for them but I think the upside is pretty huge considering the talent on that team. It's not like they give up a key player or top young player either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    These aren't real rumors but I could post them on my twitter and then there would at least be a "source". I came up with 2 trades last night that I can see working for both teams.

Golden State trades Andre Igudala to Sacramento for Willy Cauley-Stein and Matt Barnes or Ben McLemore.

Chicago trades Rajon Rondo to Denver for Jameer Nelson, Mike Miller(filler) and a low level young player like Juancho Hernangomez or Malik Beasley or a protected 1st Round pick.

In the first deal GS gets a young Center that would fit very well with them. They also get a wing to replace Igudala's spot in the lineup. The Kings may be giving up too much but teams that are desperate to make the playoffs will do that. They have that Center they picked first round in this draft and still have Koufos so I can make an argument that Cauley-Stein is expendable to them.

Denver may also be thinking of making a run for the 8th spot. Rondo is considered toxic by many but Denver is 1 team that I can see benefiting from a true floor general at PG. Mudiay has improved but that team could really use someone that can get assists at a high rate imo. Rondo would be a gamble for them but I think the upside is pretty huge considering the talent on that team. It's not like they give up a key player or top young player either.
    Jameer Nelson is having a better year than Rondo. Rondo is not going to get a first rounder either from Denver in anyway. Denver is also 8th in assists per game. We don't even run our offense through our point guards. Its through Jokic and we have had zero issue scoring.

Biggest issues Denver has is turnovers and defense. Neither weaknesses by acquiring Rondo helps.

Denver needs to explore a Millsap trade if they really want to go all in. Said it before but Millsap was almost a Nugget for Faried and 2 first rounders. Now another player that might make sense is Noel but if him and Joel click that no longer becomes an option.

Cousins is probably off the market until summer as long as they are playoff contenders. But Cousins may agile enough to play the four and can play with Jokic.

Ultimately a defensive forward is Denver need.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Denver needs to explore a Millsap trade if they really want to go all in. Said it before but Millsap was almost a Nugget for Faried and 2 first rounders. Now another player that might make sense is Noel but if him and Joel click that no longer becomes an option.
    Jokic and Noel are the same issue as Okafor and Noel. Neither really belong out of the paint.

Noel might be gone anyways. Embiid, Saric, Simmons, Ilyasova pretty much limit him and Okafor to about 15-20 to share.

At this point I rather trade both and have a vet backup behind Embiid.

NOT MY GM

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Jameer Nelson is having a better year than Rondo. Rondo is not going to get a first rounder either from Denver in anyway. Denver is also 8th in assists per game. We don't even run our offense through our point guards. Its through Jokic and we have had zero issue scoring.

Biggest issues Denver has is turnovers and defense. Neither weaknesses by acquiring Rondo helps.

Cousins is probably off the market until summer as long as they are playoff contenders. But Cousins may agile enough to play the four and can play with Jokic.

Ultimately a defensive forward is Denver need.
    They definitely should go after Millsap. I think it'd be ok to give up their first this year. They could make the play offs with Millsap. I don't know what the Hawks are going to do. Millsap doesn't mind playing for the Hawks. I still think they have a play off team. I think they can be a HCA team. They just signed Howard and Bazemore. I think its best for them to resign Millsap.

The Magic are rumoured to be one of the most active teams before the deadline. They need to make a move. Vucevic, Mario and 1sts need to go to upgrade some positions. They mainly need to upgrade DJ and Green if they want to make the play offs. I really want Bledsoe and Tyson Chandler.

Chris Mannix also said they could make a play for cousins with Gordon, Mario, Vucevic. They'd still have a good supporting cast around cousins. I think with Biyombo, Ibaka and Vogel the Magic can better control Cousins.

The Bulls really looking to move Butler? Tf are they thinking?

they have nothing to build around him with

Butler to the Celtics makes too much sense. They would give up a nice package for him, and would probably elevate them into real contenders. Brown and the nets picks have a lot of value but dont contribute to wins right now. Crowder, Brown and the Nets picks are as good of a package as the Bulls can hope for in return. The Bulls need to rebuild. If I was them id send Crowder to a third team for one more potential lottery pick. Even trade Wade to the Nuggets for Nurkic. Get young and build through the draft.

The Wolves could make a play for Butler if they wanted to with Wiggins and Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    The Wolves could make a play for Butler if they wanted to with Wiggins and Dunn.
    Not without multiple picks with it. All the Wolves fans here seem to have given up on Wiggins.

I think the Sixers have the ability to keep Ben and Joel and nab Butler.

NOT MY GM

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think the Sixers have the ability to keep Ben and Joel and nab Butler.
    They'd have to give up thier unprotected 1st I'd imagine. What would such a trade look like?

Noel, Saric, 2017 1st (unprotected), 2019 1st (lottery protected)?

Trade Rumours Thread

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    They'd have to give up thier unprotected 1st I'd imagine. What would such a trade look like?

Noel, Saric, 2017 1st (unprotected), 2019 1st (lottery protected)?
    Noel/Okafor, Stauskas, RoCo, Our 1st, LAL 1st/2019 Sac 1st is something I would do. Would prefer that Sac 1st over LAL.

NOT MY GM

Butler for Cousins

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast