Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Caldwell staying?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terrible move

2 25.00%
  • Great news

0 0%
  • At least we can stop talking about it

2 25.00%
  • Meh

5 62.50%
  • Skeletor "MYAH!!!!!"

0 0%
  • SOL move

2 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ^ I agree. Many stupid decisions. Which makes it even more bizarre that he's produced the record he has. But let's be honest here, we could have easily been a 4 or 5 win team this year. Cream puff schedule and we had 8 4th quarter comebacks against garbage teams.

Not a big fan of the move but I can see why they did it. I can also see us starting 0-5 next year and we'll see what happens then.

Quote Originally Posted by Primestein View Post
    While I agree that caldwell's demeanor is great for the locker room. I think this was an epic fail on Quinn's behalf. IMO he is probably one of the worst in game coaches in the NFL. The Defense for the Hail Mary against gb last year, Pulling zenner for Washington in the Dallas game. Not calling a TO on 3rd and long in the Green Bay last week that instead resulted in a 12 man penalty and gb getting the first. I think that's the problem most lions fan have with him. There have been numerous games where the lions looked flat right out of the gate or they don't finish well, rarely have they ever put full games together. (This happens to everyone but it seems worse for the lions.) I don't put all the blame on Caldwell for this but I think he deserves some along with the players. there was a time when we needed the calming influence of Jim Caldwell because they were always knee deep in 15 yard penalties. I just don't think he is the guy to take us to the level. Under him they will always be a team that flirts with .500.
    we had the easiest schedule and lost to the Bears + Titans.

And when we needed to win we Lost, Lost again, Lost at home vs the Packers for the North..

If you had a scale of 1-30 for coaches in the NFL, Caldwell would rank around 28-30.. he's just not the coach you would want to have on game day. There are several possible upgrades.. it's bizarre we're keeping him before the Seattle game is even played... that makes no ****ing sense.

Quinn said oh look we backed our way into the playoffs after losing at home vs the Packers. Extended!

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nf...well/96182094/

Dave Burkett talking about keeping Caldwell
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    we had the easiest schedule and lost to the Bears + Titans.

And when we needed to win we Lost, Lost again, Lost at home vs the Packers for the North..

If you had a scale of 1-30 for coaches in the NFL, Caldwell would rank around 28-30.. he's just not the coach you would want to have on game day. There are several possible upgrades.. it's bizarre we're keeping him before the Seattle game is even played... that makes no ****ing sense.

Quinn said oh look we backed our way into the playoffs after losing at home vs the Packers. Extended!
    The Titans finished with the same record as us? They aren't a bad team, Bears are a divisional game and almost beat the Packers as well.

Actually, Bears almost beat the Giants too, lost to the Jags due to a lucky play but were winning the entire game, I think were ahead during the Titans game, and almost beat us the 2nd time around. So... that's... 5 games they could have won counting the Packers game which would make them an 8-8 team rather than a 3-13 team if they held on to leads. Bears defense is actually not bad, offense needs a ton of work.

Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    The Titans finished with the same record as us? They aren't a bad team, Bears are a divisional game and almost beat the Packers as well.
    yeah but the Titans had 5 wins vs playoff teams... we had 0

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Great move.

Not too long ago, this team imploded and gave up on their head coach, Gym Shartz.

But even after that terrible start last year, this team stuck together & finished strong, led by their steady head coach. A year later, with a ton of injuries, the Detroit Lions are actually in the playoffs. Not to mention they made great late-game adjustments to come from behind in most of those wins.

Caldwell is not flashy, but this team needs flash on the field, not the sidelines. Caldwell is the calming, steady force this team needs to weather the storm.

My favourite Quinn move so far.

Now, ditch the pass-first offense and we might have a chance to win something.
    favorite Quinn move huh?

I really think the major changes need to happen at positional levels. Ron Prince as the Oline coach needs to go, wasn't he our TE coach a few years ago. Go to Wisconsin and get their Oline coach I am sure he could teach these guys a thing or two about run blocking.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

favorite Quinn move huh?
    Read the last line. Nothing matters until they change that philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Read the last line. Nothing matters until they change that philosophy.
    our RB's and O-Line are terrrrrrrrrrrrrible !

i saw this play on twitter where just by the O-Line's splits you could exactly tell where the play was going to go... and of course we were in that pistol formation!!!!!!

Fire EVERYONE

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I really think the major changes need to happen at positional levels. Ron Prince as the Oline coach needs to go, wasn't he our TE coach a few years ago. Go to Wisconsin and get their Oline coach I am sure he could teach these guys a thing or two about run blocking.
    guess who made him the O-Line coach? Caldwell

I'm a "likeable" guy with good morals.... the fords should hire me.
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I'm a "likeable" guy with good morals.... the fords should hire me.
    Do you make funny faces on the sideline though? That's what the fans want most.

our RB's and O-Line are terrrrrrrrrrrrrible !

i saw this play on twitter where just by the O-Line's splits you could exactly tell where the play was going to go... and of course we were in that pistol formation!!!!!!

Fire EVERYONE
    The crazy thing is Wagner and Lang were pretty dang good on their old teams. They come here and they seem like they cannot run block no matter what. I can't think they went from being good to sucking that bad in one year so there has to be a lot of schemes and coaching that is killing us. Not that I wouldn't want to get better at RB cause I do. But I honestly think some of the great RB in the league would have a hard time running behind us.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    The crazy thing is Wagner and Lang were pretty dang good on their old teams. They come here and they seem like they cannot run block no matter what. I can't think they went from being good to sucking that bad in one year so there has to be a lot of schemes and coaching that is killing us. Not that I wouldn't want to get better at RB cause I do. But I honestly think some of the great RB in the league would have a hard time running behind us.
    Maybe they all suck now because we're so easy to scheme against. They're not used to having so many defenders lined up in their face every play.

#FireEveryone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast