Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Caldwell staying?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terrible move

2 25.00%
  • Great news

0 0%
  • At least we can stop talking about it

2 25.00%
  • Meh

5 62.50%
  • Skeletor "MYAH!!!!!"

0 0%
  • SOL move

2 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

prepare to go 6-10

such a terrible and disgusting move. This franchise is cursed

start the season off 1-3 and now we're about to end the season 0-4

LET'S KEEP EM!!! Awful

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post

prepare to go 6-10

such a terrible and disgusting move. This franchise is cursed
    It's possible. That's how the NFL goes now. Only one of four teams representing the Championship games of both conferences last year have made the playoffs. Next year we face the NFC South and the AFC North in addition to the Texans and Giants. It looks like a tough schedule for any team to face. If the Panthers rebuild the OL that's a tough match-up. Bucs are on the rise, Saints are a mess but still put up points, Falcons are going to remain hot. I'd say there's 1 win at best out of those 4 games. The Ravens, Steelers and Bengals probably beat us so that brings us up to 2-6 out of those games. Giants probably beat us again, Texans too so that's 8 losses. Bears and Vikings will be better, GB too of course. 6-10 is probably on the optimistic side of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    It's possible. That's how the NFL goes now. Only one of four teams representing the Championship games of both conferences last year have made the playoffs. Next year we face the NFC South and the AFC North in addition to the Texans and Giants. It looks like a tough schedule for any team to face. If the Panthers rebuild the OL that's a tough match-up. Bucs are on the rise, Saints are a mess but still put up points, Falcons are going to remain hot. I'd say there's 1 win at best out of those 4 games. The Ravens, Steelers and Bengals probably beat us so that brings us up to 2-6 out of those games. Giants probably beat us again, Texans too so that's 8 losses. Bears and Vikings will be better, GB too of course. 6-10 is probably on the optimistic side of the spectrum.
    2-16 vs playoff teams. can't make halftime adjustments. looks lost on the sidelines. can't even manage the clock

extend him

2-16 vs playoff teams. can't make halftime adjustments. looks lost on the sidelines. can't even manage the clock

extend him
    8 comeback wins

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    8 comeback wins
    yeah 8 comeback wins from the QB after not adjusting at halftime and letting the other team take the lead.

The Detroit Lions have ranked 22nd or lower in 2nd half points per game each year under Caldwell after never ranking under 10th under Schwartz

yeah 8 comeback wins from the QB after not adjusting at halftime and letting the other team take the lead.

The Detroit Lions have ranked 22nd or lower in 2nd half points per game each year under Caldwell after never ranking under 10th under Schwartz
    Can you send me a link to the games where Stafford came back all by himself? Must be incredible to watch one man all by himself, with no other players or coaches around. Did he snap it to himself? Throw it to himself or just run it in? Called his own plays obviously.

Can you send me a link to the games where Stafford came back all by himself? Must be incredible to watch one man all by himself, with no other players or coaches around. Did he snap it to himself? Throw it to himself or just run it in? Called his own plays obviously.

Solid move.

Keep the guy who's worst Lions season is 7-9.

No reason to fire him just to hire ANOTHER 2nd tier HC candidate (Lil Shanny + your other dreams aren't coming here or else they'd already be here). Give him a legitimate team to work with and then I'll be more willing to critique a winning season.

It's up to Quinn to fill out the roster. If he can't build it further, you can go assemble a staff of Belichick, Jimmy Johnson, Big and little Shanny, Sean Payton, and whoever the **** else you'd want, and they'll maybe get this **** team to 11 wins.

Some of ya'll seem to think this team coulda won 13 games or some ****. Do you know how bad this team is? I'm guessing not.

I'm fine with this move. We've made the playoffs twice under him, by hook or by crook it happened, and judging how awful this franchise is historically I would consider that a major success. I can't personally justify running him out of town when he is the most successful coach we have had in a long time.

I got to agree with Spooner here; look at how trash the roster is and look where we are. Bynes, Whitehead, Taylor, Bush, Asa Jackson, Bademosi, and Carey, are just a few of many awful to below average NFL players (ST ability aside) that have played meaningful snaps this season. There is no reason we should have won anything with those garbage players playing meaningful snaps, yet here we are at 9-7. Yes, the season ended on a sour note but given what we are made up of it is a win in my book. I want to see what will happen when we have actual quality on the team, outside of a few positions.

Rocket = Out of context stats.

Let's just agree to disagree.

As much as I hate some of Caldwell's flaws I can't blame the organization for keeping him. I figured he would be retained considering he is the best coach we've had since Wayne Fontes. The reason I bring up Fontes is because I grew up with him as our coach and he is the last Lions coach to get a playoff victory. He took the Lions to 5 playoff appearances and was also one win away from coaching this team to its first ever Super Bowl appearance in 1991. I believe in Quinn and if he can build this roster up and get some play makers on both sides of the ball I think we could be a good team. Next year's schedule is going to be tough but I think we can pull off some victories.

AAL: MATTHEW STAFFORD
    COMP: 371 ATT: 565 YDS: 4,446 COMP %: 65.7 TD: 29 INT: 10 FUMBLES: 11 QBR: 61.8
    RUSH ATT: 29 YDS: 98 TD: 0
    COMEBACK WINS: 2

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 30-38-12 Points: 72
    Detroit Lions#INBOBQUINNWETRUST!
    Detroit Tigers 13-18
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Overall: 26-11 ACC: 11-7 Good Season Boys!
    Florida State Seminoles #timeforthetaggartera

Rocket = Out of context stats.

Let's just agree to disagree.
    I'll agree with this... the wins we had this year were not anything like the SOL, we won in ways in which we never have (wouldn't of been in this position if correct adjustments were made)... Maybe Quinn saw something there?

If we don't win a playoff game next year, this extended year for Caldwell is a failure

I look at it this way...this team wasn't expected to make the playoffs and this team is looked at as potentially overachieving with a mediocre defense and an 1-dimensional offense. The fact that Caldwell was able to lead this team to the postseason and was one game away from claiming their first NFC North title in X amount of years says something IMO. It says this team as a whole has a lot of respect for Caldwell & Co. You hear the family aspect from lockeroom guys saying he's like a father figure, etc. This defense is straight trash, but somehow Austin was able to string together a nice streak of holding opponents to under 20pts. And JBC has truly tapped in to Stafford's skills as a QB. Is this team perfect? No
    Should we as fans be dissappointed that they are entering the playoffs on 3 game slide? Yes
    Did anyone expect us to be here before the season started? Not many...

Given the talent we have on both sides of the ball I can't complain being 9-7 with a WC spot. His 1st year he really showed what he and Austin is capable of given exceptional talent...hopefully Quinn can add more talent on both sides of the ball this offseason and continue to grow and build as a team.

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

While I agree that caldwell's demeanor is great for the locker room. I think this was an epic fail on Quinn's behalf. IMO he is probably one of the worst in game coaches in the NFL. The Defense for the Hail Mary against gb last year, Pulling zenner for Washington in the Dallas game. Not calling a TO on 3rd and long in the Green Bay last week that instead resulted in a 12 man penalty and gb getting the first. I think that's the problem most lions fan have with him. There have been numerous games where the lions looked flat right out of the gate or they don't finish well, rarely have they ever put full games together. (This happens to everyone but it seems worse for the lions.) I don't put all the blame on Caldwell for this but I think he deserves some along with the players. there was a time when we needed the calming influence of Jim Caldwell because they were always knee deep in 15 yard penalties. I just don't think he is the guy to take us to the level. Under him they will always be a team that flirts with .500.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast