Visits/meetings/workouts so far:
Source: http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeamTyus Bowser, OLB, Houston (SR)
Caleb Brantley, DT/NT, Florida (COM)
Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell (PRO)
Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss (COM)
Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor (SR)
Chris Godwin^, WR, Penn State (WOR, PRI, PRO)
Trey Hendrickson, DE, Florida Atlantic (EW)
Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming (PRO)
O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (PRI)
Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo (WOR)
Javancy Jones, OLB, Jacksonville State (EW)
Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE/3-4DE, Villanova (COM)
Marlon Mack^, RB, South Florida (COM, STM)
David Njoku, TE, Miami (COM)
Larry Ogunjobi, DT, Charlotte (SR)
James Onwualu, OLB, Notre Dame (EW)
Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia (WOR)
Michael Roberts^, TE, Toledo (COM, WOR)
Curtis Samuel, RB/WR, Ohio State (COM)
JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC (COM)
Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado (WOR)
Jack Tocho, CB, N.C. State (EW)
Alek Torgersen, QB, Pennsylvania (EW)
Josh Tupou, DT, Colorado (PRO)
Jordan Willis, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Kansas State (PRI)
SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
PRO - Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
LOC - Local visit. Prospect making a local visit.
PRI - Private visit. Prospect making an official 30 visit.
WOR - Private Workout. Members of an organization working out a player in private.
STM - Some Type of Meeting.
% - indicates more than one meeting at an event.
^ - has met with team at more than one event.
# - indicates meeting set up outside of the 2017 Senior Bowl or the 2017 East-West Shrine Game
So I am involved in 2 mock drafts. The one on PSD is still going but the other one died out shortly after I picked.
The first 18 picks in both drafts were different but affected the Buccaneers pick the same way.
PSD Mock Draft
1.Browns: Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M
2.49ers: Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio State
3.Bears: Jamal Adams SS LSU
4.Jaguars: Soloman Thomas DE Stanford
5.Titans: Jonathan Allen DE Alabama
6.Jets: Malik Hooker FS Ohio State
7.Chargers: Marlon Humphrey CB Alabama
8.Panthers: Leonard Fournette RB LSU
9.Bengals: Mike Williams WR Clemson
10.Bills: Corey Davis WR Western Michigan
11.Saints: Derek Barnett DE Tennessee
12.Ravens from Browns from Eagles: John Ross WR Washingtom
13.Cardinals: Reuben Foster ILB Alabama
14.Eagles from Vikings: Dalvin Cook RB FSU
15.Colts: Haason Reddick LB Temple
16.Browns from Ravens: O.J. Howard TE Alabama
17.Redskins: Malik McDowell DT Michigan State
18.Titans: Gareon Conley CB Ohio State
Other Mock Draft
Cleveland (1-15) - Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
San Francisco (2-14) - Jamal Adams, S, LSU
Chicago (3-13) - Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
Jacksonville (3-13) - OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
Tennessee - from Los Angeles Rams (4-12) - Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama
New York Jets (5-11) - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
Los Angeles Chargers (5-11) - Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
Carolina (6-10) - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
Cincinnati (6-9-1) - Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
Buffalo (7-9) - Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
New Orleans (7-9) - Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
Cleveland - from Philadelphia (7-9) - Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
Arizona (7-8-1) - John Ross, WR, Washington
Philadelphia - from Minnesota (8-8) - Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
Indianapolis (8-8) - Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
Baltimore (8-8) - Haason Reddick, OLB, Temple
Washington (8-7-1) - Malik McDowell, DL, Michigan State
Tennessee (9-7) - Jalen "Teez" Tabor, CB, Florida
As you can clearly see there are some names at positions that are in play who go in both Mocks.
S: Hooker, Adams
WR: Williams, Davis, Ross
RB: Fournette, Cook
One could call this a worst case scenario, just in terms of options. It is certainly less than ideal but there is still tons of talent available.
I tried to trade down, but was unsuccessful, it would be smart for Tampa to in real life, if this situation occurs.
There was 1 QB taken before 19 in one mock and 0 in the other. The more QBs that go early, the more talent gets pushed down the board.
My board based on my own evaluation of the talent was this.
1. Jalen "Teez" Tabor CB Florida, #1 CB in my opinion based on watching his entire college career.(Went at 18 in one Mock but available in the other)
2. Quincy Wilson CB Florida, #3 CB behind Tabor, Lattimore.
3. Christian McCaffery RB Stanford, #3 RB behind Fournette, Cook. I prefer him as a slot WR but he really wants to be a starting NFL RB.
4. Jabrill Peppers S Michigan, not a fan myself but a lot of people are and he may be the most confident and charismatic player in the draft, something Licht loves.
5. David Njoku TE Miami, widely considered the #2 TE, but not Top 20 player in my opinion, more in the 25-35 range to me.
If I had to keep going I would add some of the OTs in the mix (Bolles or Ramczyk) maybe the best interior OL Forrest Lamp or something but I stopped at 5 because why bother.
So I selected Tabor in one mock and Wilson in the other, right?
Wrong, I personally would have if I was the GM but I tried to put myself in Jason Licht's shoes.
I chose Christian McCaffery RB/WR/PR/KR Stanford in both Mocks Drafts.
I did this for a couple reasons.
1. "I would swing for the fences with McCaffrey or trade down. Tough spot. There seems to be a decent sized drop off after the top 15. He's not a RB1 but get him 10-12 touches a game and he'll make explosive plays. He's a high risk/high reward player at #19. Great pick IMO."
This was the advice my buddy gave me and I don't think he's too far off. McCaffery is clearly a great athlete, with amazing production, very consistent, NFL bloodlines and clean as can be off the field.
2. I don't think it is too big of a stretch to see Jason Licht and Dirk Koetter decide this way given the same available options. They could go CB and make the team better in both the short term and long term or they could believe adding a RB like McCaffery gives the offense another huge threat.
3. I honestly want to see what else I can do with the rest of the Draft if the 1st round pick is a RB. Can I find a #1/#2 TE to pair with Brate? Can I get a C to compete with Hawley to start? Can I get a #4 WR who can develop into a #2? Can I upgrade at S? Can I find a starting Sam LB? Can I find a nickel CB and Grimes eventual replacement?
How many can I get done and where does the draft leave me hanging? It's an interesting experiment at the least.