Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    My draft grades
    1. O.J Howard- B+
    The value is an A+ as I had him ranked 10th overall. The need is probably a C. With that being the case, plus the fact that I believe we could have had M. Hooker for a 4th round pick, or a 3rd at most, I can't give it an A, but if Koetter can prove to use both TE's without relagating Brate to the bench, this pick can become an A, easily.

2. J. Evans- B
    The need is an A+. The value may not have been exceptional, but keep in mind that this guy was a 2nd/3rd round prospect, not just a straight up 3rd round prospect. The value was about average, but I had him rated as my #5 S in the class, and he has the upside to become our best S.

3. C. Godwin- A
    This was another 2nd/3rd round prospect, that we pulled in late in the 3rd. The value was terrific. Should be our future #2 WR. Very exciting pick. I had him ranked tied for my #5 WR along with C. Kupp and Z. Jones. I feel it really comes down to splitting hairs to separate those 3 prospects.

3. K. Beckwith- C+
    This was the only underwhelming pick for me, in part because we had to trade up and spent a 3rd round pick to pull in a 2 down player who will most likely miss some time in year 1, due to injury

5. J. Mcnichols- B+
    I'll be the first to admit that I was not very high coming into the draft on Mcnichols, but he was the best back left at this point and we needed to add competition at this position. There were analysts out there who had him as a top 5 back in this draft, so hopefully those experts know more then I do. He did have 53 TD's in has past 2 seasons, which us insane

7. Tuikolovatu- B+
    Really good value in the 7th round as a player who can possibly free McCoy up to get to the passer on 1st and 2nd down.

Anytime Brate is on the field itís basically known its a pass play. Teams caught onto that throughout the year. There hasnt a been a TE to come out of college this polished in a long time. He can block, catch, run routes, and shed tackles. He disguises our offense to something we have never had. Not to mention having him and Brate in there will make teams overthink if its a pass/run. We could use Brate out there as a decoy and still run a run play.

DK had Tony Gonzalez while in ATL and Marcedes Lewis for a year in JAX and got the most out of them. I get you just go to the default thinking in Brate caught the most TDs as a TE last year(as did I at first). Think back to when the Pats were running Gronk and Hernendez on the field at the same time. We have 2 freakishly athletic TE and one is a superb blocker. This offense is about to hum.

Side note: anyone see that Godwin trained with Megatron before the draft and he said that Godwin is a "coaches dream"?! Really excited to see what he can bring to the table as our future #2.

^I've have heard that argument 100 times and I am not saying that you were wrong, but how many stud receiving TE's that can also consider their blocking to be a strength, do you think there are in this league?

I assure you that it is not the norm. Maybe a handful. My point is that it is a luxury, not a necessity. We got our Safety in the 2nd round, so I am happy. Anyone who reads my posts knows that that was by far our biggest need in my mind. Had we ignored that glaring need, trust me, I would be *****ing a whole lot more. I've said from the beginning that I had Howard rated as a top 10 player, and the value at that pick was insane.

I just need to see that Koetter can keep Brate active in our offense, along with Howard, before I call the pick and A+ home run!!!!

^I've have heard that argument 100 times and I am not saying that you were wrong, but how many stud receiving TE's that can also consider their blocking to be a strength, do you think there are in this league?

I assure you that it is not the norm. Maybe a handful. My point is that it is a luxury, not a necessity. We got our Safety in the 2nd round, so I am happy. Anyone who reads my posts knows that that was by far our biggest need in my mind. Had we ignored that glaring need, trust me, I would be *****ing a whole lot more. I've said from the beginning that I had Howard rated as a top 10 player, and the value at that pick was insane.

I just need to see that Koetter can keep Brate active in our offense, along with Howard, before I call the pick and A+ home run!!!!
    The team has been putting out the hints all off-season that they wanted a complete TE to pair with a guy like Brate who can't block very well. Myself and others tried to tell you. We simply could not go into the season with Stocker as our #2 and terrible depth behind him.

If you go back and look at the offensive snap counts under Koetter, you will find that we used 2 TEs quite a bit. How often did we see Brate/ASJ, Brate/Sticker, Brate/Myers, Stocker/Myers or one of them and Alan Cross who was really a TE playing FB.

Now we have an elite #1 in Howard, a great #2 in Brate who can start if Howard ever misses time, versatile Stocker as the #3 and backup. It gives us better talent at the top, more flexibility and great depth.

Everybody knows, including you, that an elite TE in the receiving game who can also block has the potential of being a game changer, will most likely be a Top 3-5 TE when healthy. Look at Gronk, his receiving game is nuts but when you break down the film he helps their run game tremendously.

Gronk's injuries are adding up, he likely won't last much longer. O.J. Howard who has never had a serious injury is primed with Jameis Winston and Mike Evans to be the best All-Around TE for the next decade. Imagine a slightly better Greg Olsen, who himself is ridiculously good.

You may be stuck in the short term, this does have value short term but could be just fantastic in the long term. If Licht sees perennial All-Pro or HOF porental in a player, he should never pass that up for a short term need.

Apparently somebody in Tampa ram a stop sign and T-boned Doug Martin's BMW. He's ok though, they said cuts and bruises.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    The team has been putting out the hints all off-season that they wanted a complete TE to pair with a guy like Brate who can't block very well. Myself and others tried to tell you. We simply could not go into the season with Stocker as our #2 and terrible depth behind him.

If you go back and look at the offensive snap counts under Koetter, you will find that we used 2 TEs quite a bit. How often did we see Brate/ASJ, Brate/Sticker, Brate/Myers, Stocker/Myers or one of them and Alan Cross who was really a TE playing FB.

Now we have an elite #1 in Howard, a great #2 in Brate who can start if Howard ever misses time, versatile Stocker as the #3 and backup. It gives us better talent at the top, more flexibility and great depth.

Everybody knows, including you, that an elite TE in the receiving game who can also block has the potential of being a game changer, will most likely be a Top 3-5 TE when healthy. Look at Gronk, his receiving game is nuts but when you break down the film he helps their run game tremendously.

Gronk's injuries are adding up, he likely won't last much longer. O.J. Howard who has never had a serious injury is primed with Jameis Winston and Mike Evans to be the best All-Around TE for the next decade. Imagine a slightly better Greg Olsen, who himself is ridiculously good.

You may be stuck in the short term, this does have value short term but could be just fantastic in the long term. If Licht sees perennial All-Pro or HOF porental in a player, he should never pass that up for a short term need.
    They also hinted that they really needed a RB in the first 3 rounds, but that was a smokescreen wasent it? Howard was drafted 19 overall because he was without a doubt the best player available. If it didn't play out that way, they very well could have not taken a TE until late in the draft, just like they did RB. Safety on the other hand was clearly a position that they were commited to upgrading, which is why they slightly reached on one. Either way, the draft appeared to have worked out well for us.

Sounds like we are bringing in Riley Cooper for a try out. Dude is a jerk but dont mind the big body and him being a vet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucsfan40 View Post
    Sounds like we are bringing in Riley Cooper for a try out. Dude is a jerk but dont mind the big body and him being a vet.
    He played 6 years in the league, he's a veteran. You can see all you need to see on film, no clue why they need to see him st the rookie minicamp.

Didn't play at all last year, I highly doubt he makes the 53 man roster.

R. Cooper is a good player. If not for drafting C. Godwin, I think this could be a pretty valuable signing, but at this point, he would probably really have to stand out to get a roster spot

NFL Network reporting that we have agreed to terms with R. Fitzpatrick. Good backup QB signing

NFL Network reporting that we have agreed to terms with R. Fitzpatrick. Good backup QB signing
    Don't hate the idea because Griffin is a bum. Would of rather had a younger and/or better player, who could have been around longer.

Jason Licht really needs to draft a QB in Round 4 or later next year.

^I'm not gonna be too picky about it. Fitz is a guy who can hold a game or 2 down if we really need. Griffin probably can't.

Ultimately, any serious injury to Winston would end the season

Lmao no he can't ,he's terrible. He hands out interceptions to anyone. My jets were TERRIBLE with him. This single handedly is your worst off season move

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Lmao no he can't ,he's terrible. He hands out interceptions to anyone. My jets were TERRIBLE with him. This single handedly is your worst off season move
    He just set your single season TD record a year and a half ago. Go worry about that terrible team your putting out there again.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    I believe he took the 2015 Jets to a 10-6 record and threw 31 TD's, which would be a Buccaneers single season record. Seems back-up worthy to me. It was not his fault that you guys decided to gut your team and your head coach showed no confidence in him. Which was the same thing that Gruden did to ruin Jeff Garcia after taking us to the playoffs 10 years ago. If you want to make the argument that Fitz is not an upgrade for us at the back-up QB position, do it until you are blue in the face. I'm not going to agree!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnkK8Y0tQZk&t=90s

Check out these Chris Godwin highlights. At the 1.45 mark, he catches a TD over G. Conley and around the 5.30 min mark, he beats speedy adore Jackson deep for a TD. Dude looks like a beats