Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Official 2017 Offseason Thread (Free Agency, Draft, etc)

Discuss

2017 Blowout Mock Draft
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1. Christian McCaffery RB/WR/PR/KR Stanford
    2. Marcus Williams FS Utah
    3. Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    4. ArDarius Stewart WR Alabama
    4. Samaje Perine RB Oklahoma
    5. Devonte Fields OLB Louisville
    5. Corn Elder CB Miami
    6. Isaiah Ford WR Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Dobbs QB Tennessee
    7. Grover Stewart DT Albany State
    Traded #50 for #60, #133, #211
    Traded Doug Martin for #146
    My Lavonte David PC

Since what we will do in free agency has a huge impact on where we will go in the draft I will stick to listing a couple of wants and needs for free agency first.

My two absolute wants are Eric Berry and Terrelle Pryor. As of right now we only have 1 Safety (Conte is garbage and will be let go, Mcdougald could be let go or brought back on a cheap deal, Ryan Smith has been told he will be used at corner) leaving Keith Tandy who played masterfully the last few weeks as a potential starter. Tandy and Berry would be a massive upgrade over last year and we can have the luxury of drafting a safety in the 2nd/3rd/4th round etc instead of the 1st round.

I would love to have pryor for a few reasons. One, obviously Evans needs help on the other side. Pryor is 27 and if we signed him to a 4 year deal we would get his best years out of him. Also, with Jackson off the books we would be paying pryor for his best years at a less cost of what we were paying Jackson. I think we could get him for 4 years at approximately 35-40 million. At this price, as a WR2, it would still allow us to sign Evans in a couple years to what he deserves. This also allows us to not have to draft a WR on day 1 as well and can focus on BPA (possibly DT, TE (Howard) or even an OL). We could pick a speed WR on Day 2 to go along with potentially Evans, Pryor, OJ Howard, Brate, Humphries, Sims etc. We would be very dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    Since what we will do in free agency has a huge impact on where we will go in the draft I will stick to listing a couple of wants and needs for free agency first.

My two absolute wants are Eric Berry and Terrelle Pryor. As of right now we only have 1 Safety (Conte is garbage and will be let go, Mcdougald could be let go or brought back on a cheap deal, Ryan Smith has been told he will be used at corner) leaving Keith Tandy who played masterfully the last few weeks as a potential starter. Tandy and Berry would be a massive upgrade over last year and we can have the luxury of drafting a safety in the 2nd/3rd/4th round etc instead of the 1st round.

I would love to have pryor for a few reasons. One, obviously Evans needs help on the other side. Pryor is 27 and if we signed him to a 4 year deal we would get his best years out of him. Also, with Jackson off the books we would be paying pryor for his best years at a less cost of what we were paying Jackson. I think we could get him for 4 years at approximately 35-40 million. At this price, as a WR2, it would still allow us to sign Evans in a couple years to what he deserves. This also allows us to not have to draft a WR on day 1 as well and can focus on BPA (possibly DT, TE (Howard) or even an OL). We could pick a speed WR on Day 2 to go along with potentially Evans, Pryor, OJ Howard, Brate, Humphries, Sims etc. We would be very dynamic.
    I can get behind this.
    Pryor is the perfect style target for Winston.
    Berry is a hard hitting pro that has tons of experience. If he hits the market I really hope we make the call.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

I love Eric Berry for the Bucs.

He is the #1 Free Agent at any position this offseason, he also fits a huge need. Lots of teams will want him and he will be getting paid like the Top 3 Safety he is.

I have brought up wanting Pryor for a while now. He could be a #2 but ideally he would be a #3. If we got Pryor and a WR in the first 2 days of the Draft I think we would be in a great position going forward. I am worried the team overvalues Humphries and will only look to add 1 quality WR. There are issues with Pryor's maturity and work ethic which scare me.

Love Keith Tandy as a backup, I would be pissed if we are relying on him to start next year. He had some big moments but he genuinely got beat out by Conte and McDougald for 2 years in 2 different schemes. If he is our 2nd best safety, we will be one injury away from a catastrophic situation.

I like Howard but I am not sold on using a first rounder on him or any other TE. There is really no OL worth taking there. S or WR is my #1 preference, outside of that I would be looking at CB, LB or DL. We should be able to get a Top 15 prospect at 19 and those positions should be some of the best players available.

I will post more of my thoughts going forward soon.

I think we will get aggressive for offensive help in this draft for Winston. I would not be shocked with this

Our GM trade down with his buddy from the Giants and picks up a second

Round 1 - DeMarcus Walker Florida St
    Round 2 - Dee Dee Westbrook Oklahoma
    Round 2 - Ethan Pocic LSU
    Round 3 - Cooper Kupp
    Cali Buccs fan

i think the defense will mainly be addressed if free agency. get the Offensive weapons young to grow with Winston
    Cali Buccs fan

Our Oline needs help, I feel like that it's not being discussed as much as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by big Serious View Post
    I think we will get aggressive for offensive help in this draft for Winston. I would not be shocked with this

Our GM trade down with his buddy from the Giants and picks up a second

Round 1 - DeMarcus Walker Florida St
    Round 2 - Dee Dee Westbrook Oklahoma
    Round 2 - Ethan Pocic LSU
    Round 3 - Cooper Kupp
    Finally some DeMarcus Walker love in here, the dude is beast. I would love if we were able to get him in round 1 then Pocic or Eiflin from OSU in the 2nd for our Center.

KC is in terrible cap shape but I feel they would do any and everything to bring Berry back. They do however have anything big name FA in Poe, would anything be opposed to going out and getting him? I think the Dline needs some work and people are getting older; McCoy, McDonald, Ayers will all be knocking on 30 or over. Or maybe go a cheaper route and get someone like a Tyrunn Walker? I wouldn't be opposed to Peko granted he's older but would be a very good rotation or even starter if he beats out McDonald, plus he knows Jay Hayes very well.

If Adams and Williams are out of play at 19, M. Hooker and C. Davis should be the targets. C. Robinson is the only O-Linemen that should be drafted anywhere near that range.

There are a couple of DT's and a handful of CB's that could be in play at that point. Both D. Cook or C. McCaffrey could be in play if the team gives up on Doug.

I don't like the idea of spending a first round pick on a LB that will only be playing 40% of snaps in our system, unless there was a truly valuable prospect that dropped, like Tim Williams.

As of now, I would say M. Hooker is our best/most realistic target

I would say these are the 20 names that everyone should be doing their homework on for pick 19
    S-
    J. Adams
    M. Hooker
    J. Peppers

CB-
    M. Humphrey
    M. Lattimore
    T. Tabor
    Q. Wilson
    S. Jones

OT-
    C. Robinson

DE-
    D. Bennett

WR-
    M. Williams
    C. Davis
    J. Ross

LB-
    T. Williams
    Z. Cunningham

RB-
    D. Cook
    C. McCaffrey

DT-
    M. Mcdowell
    C. Brantley
    D. Walker

TE-
    OJ Howard

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    If Adams and Williams are out of play at 19, M. Hooker and C. Davis should be the targets. C. Robinson is the only O-Linemen that should be drafted anywhere near that range.

There are a couple of DT's and a handful of CB's that could be in play at that point. Both D. Cook or C. McCaffrey could be in play if the team gives up on Doug.

I don't like the idea of spending a first round pick on a LB that will only be playing 40% of snaps in our system, unless there was a truly valuable prospect that dropped, like Tim Williams.

As of now, I would say M. Hooker is our best/most realistic target
    I would not prefer a LB in the 3rd round let alone the 1st but if the right situation arises Licht should do it

Tim Williams is an edge rusher, not a 4-3 SLB in my opinion. Cunningham isn't special enough to make me go LB. I was talking Reuben Foster.

I think Foster is a Top 10 prospect, you didn't include him on your list so you likely agree and think he's above those 20. I highly doubt he drops out of Top 15 but I have seen it in mocks where there are early runs on other positions.

We disagree about the worth of having 3 top notch LBS. Every great 4-3 defense had 3, not 1 or 2. The SLB when used correctly is a chess piece that a DC can use to wreck an offense and have flexibility from the same formations. If we get a guy who can play MLB at a high level we have coverage in case Lavonte or Kwon miss any significant time. Right now an injury to Kwon or Lavonte jeopardizes the integrity of our defense on 100% of plays.

Like I said ideally we get a starting safety or wide receiver, etc but if a great LB prospect is there and better value than players at other positions of need, go for it.

Besides for Foster in the 1st, I really like Raekwon McMillan as a guy in the 2nd or 3rd, doubt he makes it to the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I would say these are the 20 names that everyone should be doing their homework on for pick 19
    S-
    J. Adams
    M. Hooker
    J. Peppers

CB-
    M. Humphrey
    M. Lattimore
    T. Tabor
    Q. Wilson
    S. Jones

OT-
    C. Robinson

DE-
    D. Bennett

WR-
    M. Williams
    C. Davis
    J. Ross

LB-
    T. Williams
    Z. Cunningham

RB-
    D. Cook
    C. McCaffrey

DT-
    M. Mcdowell
    C. Brantley
    D. Walker

TE-
    OJ Howard
    Jamal Adams
    Mike Williams
    Malik Hooker
    I don't think any of these 3 have a chance of falling out of the Top 15 at all, there's a chance all 3 go Top 10, very likely 2 of the 3 at least.

Cunningham
    Jones
    Peppers
    These 3 wouldn't even be in consideration if I was a GM, Cunningham isn't great value for us there, not as high on him as some others. Jones I don't see a 1st round CB, early 2nd at best. Peppers is a WLB not a SS, we have Lavonte David, playing him at SS would be the Mark Barron debacle all over again.

Robinson
    Williams
    Cook
    Highly unlikely these guys are available at 19. Cook has too much hype, Robinson is considered by many as the best OL prospect in one of the weakest OL drafts I'm a very long time. Williams likely goes Top 15 to some 3-4 team because he is a natural fit at 3-4 OLB.

That leaves me with
    CB
    Humphrey
    Lattimore
    Tabor
    Wilson

DE
    Barnett-Derek Barnett is who you meant.
    Walker - Walker is a DE not a DT

WR
    Davis
    Ross

RB
    McCaffery

DT
    McDowell
    Brantley

TE
    Howard

There is a lot of hype around Corey Davis being Top 15, not sure if it's real or not. Would be a great option for us if available at 19.

The jury is still out on Ross for me, seems like a one trick pony. If he is just speed only, I need to see how fast he is. He's reported to be a 4.3-4.35 guy, running faster or slower would say a lot. Does he have the hands to live up to the Desean Jackson comparisons?

McCaffery would be best as a slot WR in the NFL not a RB in my opinion. I would love him in that role, really not sure as a #1 RB.

McDowell may be the most talented player left on the board. He's being dogged with work ethics and character concerns similar to Nkemdiche last year.

Brantley likely isn't a Top 20 prospect or pick.

All 4 of the CBS are top notch prospects and the only reason all 4 are there is because nobody knows how it will shake out, I have seen different people rank them completely different. I personally am highest on Tabor and Wilson, followed by Humphrey then Lattimore and Conley behind that.

Howard is a great TE, not sure he is a Top 20 prospect and it is a lesser need than other positions, even less important than LB if Brate heals properly.

Barnett is a Top 15 guy to me. Best 4-3 DE in the draft after Garrett who probably goes #1 overall. Barnett is better than Walker, Walker I believe could land somewhere in the 20's.

Just my thoughts on these guys currently, though there is a lot of time between now and the Draft.

If anybody needs info or to be pointed in the right direction to learn more about these guys just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Our Oline needs help, I feel like that it's not being discussed as much as it should.
    I agree we with you here but I feel most fans are optimistic about next year. We are supposed to have JR Sweezy ready to roll for next year and Dotson will hopefully be healthy. I could understand getting a Center late in the draft to grow with Winston but if those guys are back I think we will be okay there.

I think we need to approach the DL. If Mike Smith sticks around he wants to only send 4 most of the time and drop the rest back in coverage. This limits the needs to address a SLB and focus on DBs. I also think finding a NT/DT would help free up GMC and our DEs. There are a bunch of good FA DLineman who will be available. If we can pressure the QB with 4 guys there is not as big of a need for better DBs and we can work with what we have. However I think we need a massive upgrade at FS.

WR is the next biggest need IMO. Wouldnt be mad with John Ross, Corey Davis, Dede Westbrook mocks.

Bucs sign Derel Walker from the cfl. He played the last two years in the cfl with eskimos and quickly became one of the leagues top wideouts. He went to college with Mike Evans at a&m. Glad to see the front office already going after depth at positions of need.

http://m.buccaneers.com/s/33201/376?...12682181215112

Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast