Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Bucs 2017 schedule out, I made a thread with the info

This is totally off topic but I was thinking tonight that the only receiver in several years that has been solid for us is Mike Evans. I remembered some 5th and 6th round picks that did nothing for us like Kenny Bell, Kaelin Clay and Robert Herron. It made me think that we really need to hit on a younger receiver this year and with our previous 5th and 6th round WRS it just didn't cut it. I Still truly believe we need a younger athletic WR in the top 4 rounds this year to flip the switch on previous drafts and to help us in the next few years when DeSean is done and Mike Evans is making top money for us. I also looked at our drafts since 2008 to 2011. If you get a chance please look at these 4 drafts. They are absolutely pathetic. Only 2 Bucs have lasted that long in Mccoy and Stocker out of 30 players drafted and only about 5 to 6 players have actually done something positive in the NFL. We have drafted well in the first few rounds in the last couple of years but it's time for a compete draft hit to set us up for the future (Minus Kwon in the 4th 2 years ago). So pumped but so nervous for what's to happen for our Bucs!
    Last edited by BucsFan47; 04-20-2017 at 11:57 PM.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, I'm not new to forums by any means, but was looking for a good place to talk about my beloved Bucs. So I figured I'd give this one a shot.

I'll start by saying, I'm a draft freak, I love them, I love to evaluate players. That being said, I looked at some recent posts to get a feel for everyone's opinions. I'm a life long Gator I might add, but love Dalvin, his style reminds me of AP. He has a rare combination of balance, acceleration, ability to break tackles and vision. I will say I don't like the idea of mccaffrey as a first round pick, I just don't see him being a bellcow 3 down back. He reminds me of Reggie Bush, except Bush's film was off the charts where as mccaffrey's isn't quite up to that level. But more importantly, I don't think he's a great fit in our offense. Sure he's super talented, and can offer many things, but i don't feel Tampa's offense will use his particular talents, as much as a Dalvin Cook type back. We need that bellcow that sets up the play action.

I'm just talking round 1 RBs in this post I love a lot of other guys in different positions too, just thought I'd start with this. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymo4047 View Post
    I'll start by saying, I'm a draft freak, I love them, I love to evaluate players. That being said, I looked at some recent posts to get a feel for everyone's opinions. I'm a life long Gator I might add, but love Dalvin, his style reminds me of AP. He has a rare combination of balance, acceleration, ability to break tackles and vision. I will say I don't like the idea of mccaffrey as a first round pick, I just don't see him being a bellcow 3 down back. He reminds me of Reggie Bush, except Bush's film was off the charts where as mccaffrey's isn't quite up to that level. But more importantly, I don't think he's a great fit in our offense. Sure he's super talented, and can offer many things, but i don't feel Tampa's offense will use his particular talents, as much as a Dalvin Cook type back. We need that bellcow that sets up the play action.

I'm just talking round 1 RBs in this post I love a lot of other guys in different positions too, just thought I'd start with this. Thoughts?
    Welcome to the forums. I don't see Cook being anything like AP. AP is a taller bruising back who likes to run very vertical and has elite size and athleticism. Leonard Fournette has the same running style and strengths, weaknesses. Cook reminds me of Jamaal Charles which is still very good but a completely different style of running.

Not sure if you read my McCaffrey post I wrote recently but I do believe he has what it takes to be a great starting back in this league but he definitely could be aided by a bruising #2 to compliment him. There's no reason to believe can't be just like David Johnson but McCaffrey has higher upside in my oponion.

Maybe they go Cook, maybe he's gone, maybe they pass on him due to off field issues and injury history. Plenty of different ways to get the job done this year with such a great RB class.

I could see a Jamal Charles comparison there too. When i watch Dalvin's film he immediately reminded me of AP due to his ability to be hit, keep his balance, and quickly accelerate through a hole. That's a rare ability.
    We'll have to agree to disagree about Mccaffrey, something about his film, just gave me the impression that he might not be able to bring the physicality needed for the pro game, or hold up physically. I do agree that his skill set is very similar to David Johnson, but again, Johnson has like 2-3 inches and 20lbs on him. I'd love to have Mccaffrey on the team, just wouldn't want to spend a first round pick on him, unless we traded back to the late 20s.
    Either way, i do agree about the level of talent in the RBs this year, it's ridiculously deep. Perine is my favorite non first rounder, i really like Mack too, just to name a couple. If we don't go RB in the first, my ideal pick is Barnett, hands down, that guy is a pass rushing animal!

There's so much talent in this draft, as long as we don't take Taco, I'll probably be happy. That guy has bust written all over him.

I could see a Jamal Charles comparison there too. When i watch Dalvin's film he immediately reminded me of AP due to his ability to be hit, keep his balance, and quickly accelerate through a hole. That's a rare ability.
    We'll have to agree to disagree about Mccaffrey, something about his film, just gave me the impression that he might not be able to bring the physicality needed for the pro game, or hold up physically. I do agree that his skill set is very similar to David Johnson, but again, Johnson has like 2-3 inches and 20lbs on him. I'd love to have Mccaffrey on the team, just wouldn't want to spend a first round pick on him, unless we traded back to the late 20s.
    Either way, i do agree about the level of talent in the RBs this year, it's ridiculously deep. Perine is my favorite non first rounder, i really like Mack too, just to name a couple. If we don't go RB in the first, my ideal pick is Barnett, hands down, that guy is a pass rushing animal!

There's so much talent in this draft, as long as we don't take Taco, I'll probably be happy. That guy has bust written all over him.
    McCaffery is bigger and taller than Warrick Dunn, the former Buc and Falcon who played 12 years, had 2,669 carries for almost 11,000 rushing yards. He also missed only 11 games in his entire career.

McCaffery 5'11 203 lbs
    Dunn 5'9 187 lbs

Heck Barry Sanders was 5'8 200 lbs.

Don't you find it funny that you are worried about McCaffery holding up when he had no major issues in college but you are not worried about Cook who has serious concerns about his shoulder and hamstring?

Just stuff to chew on.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    McCaffery is bigger and taller than Warrick Dunn, the former Buc and Falcon who played 12 years, had 2,669 carries for almost 11,000 rushing yards. He also missed only 11 games in his entire career.

McCaffery 5'11 203 lbs
    Dunn 5'9 187 lbs

Heck Barry Sanders was 5'8 200 lbs.

Don't you find it funny that you are worried about McCaffery holding up when he had no major issues in college but you are not worried about Cook who has serious concerns about his shoulder and hamstring?

Just stuff to chew on.
    All good points, I'm trying to come around on mccaffery, but there's just something about him, that I can't put my finger on. Call it a gut instinct, that just doesn't sit right with him. You're right about Cook's injuries, I'm kinda overlooking them, but he's a young guy, I don't expect them to be an issue, overall he's been pretty durable throughout his college career. I guess the biggest difference I see between the two is, we can just plug Cook in to our offense, and it'll be seamless, he's perfect for us. With McCaffery we might need to alter the offense to better use his abilities. All I'm saying is, IMHO Cook is a no brainer for us.

My first tier that I want is Barnett/Cook/McCaffery
    2nd tier- Corey Davis/Charles Harris/OJ Howard/Budda Baker

Definitely do NOT want Melifonwu and Njoku. I also don't really want Taco but I could live with him compared to those 2, I do think Taco is more of a Gholston though and we need more pass rush than that.

Also side note with Foster sliding would anyone be upset if we got him? I mean I don't see a spot for him but that is very good value.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post

Definitely do NOT want Melifonwu and Njoku. I also don't really want Taco but I could live with him compared to those 2, I do think Taco is more of a Gholston though and we need more pass rush than that.

Also side note with Foster sliding would anyone be upset if we got him? I mean I don't see a spot for him but that is very good value.
    O.J. Howard is the best player mentioned in this post. Elite size and athleticism, top.notch blocker. Greg Olsen with higher upside in my opinion.

I'd take Njoku, not a fan at 19 but still, over Baker, Harris, Charlton or Melifonwu.

I'd strongly consider Foster if Howard, Barnett, Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, Williams, Davis and Ross are gone. I'd even consider him over Ross.

I love Lavonte and Kwon, they are nowhere near the level of a Reuben Foster, would give us best LB core in NFL. Foster could play SAM now and eventually slide to MLB. There are rumors of Noah Spece standing up as a pass rushing SAM when not used at DE if true would lower chances of Foster.

Final 2017 Tampa Bay Bucs Mock Draft

TRADE: Round 1 - Pick #19 to Kansas City for Round 1 - Pick #27, Round 3 - Pick #91 and Round 4 - Pick #132

Round 1 - Pick #27 --- Dalvin Cook RB, Florida State
    Round 2 - Pick #50 --- Evan Engram TE, Ole Miss
    Round 3 - Pick #84 --- Marcus Maye S, Florida
    Round 3 - Pick #91 --- Curtis Samuel WR, Ohio State
    Round 4 - Pick #125 --- Alex Anzalone OLB, Florida
    Round 4 - Pick #132 --- Dawuane Smoot Edge, Illinois
    Round 5 - Pick #162 --- Corn Elder CB, Miami
    Round 6 - Pick #204 --- Chad Kelly QB, Ole Miss
    Round 7 - Pick #237 --- Justin Senior OT, Miss State

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post

If Barnett or Cook fell to us I'd be thrilled! If I'm being honest with myself though, I definitely don't think either guy will fall to us. Maybe Cook has a shot at dropping to us with the perceived baggage he might have. However, I feel like there's a good shot at us trading up, if the value's right. You can tell from Licht's press conference's, that he feels like he's a couple solid draft picks away from having a legit contender, it seems to me he wants a couple home run picks to get us over the hump. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    TRADE: Round 1 - Pick #19 to Kansas City for Round 1 - Pick #27, Round 3 - Pick #91 and Round 4 - Pick #132

Round 1 - Pick #27 --- Dalvin Cook RB, Florida State
    Round 2 - Pick #50 --- Evan Engram TE, Ole Miss
    Round 3 - Pick #84 --- Marcus Maye S, Florida
    Round 3 - Pick #91 --- Curtis Samuel WR, Ohio State
    Round 4 - Pick #125 --- Alex Anzalone OLB, Florida
    Round 4 - Pick #132 --- Dawuane Smoot Edge, Illinois
    Round 5 - Pick #162 --- Corn Elder CB, Miami
    Round 6 - Pick #204 --- Chad Kelly QB, Ole Miss
    Round 7 - Pick #237 --- Justin Senior OT, Miss State
    I can't see trading back if Cook is available at 19, if you do he's likely gone.

Maybe everyone's wrong but most think Samuel goes before pick 50 and almost all in Round 2.

I doubt Smoot makes it to Round 4 and Senior to 7. Smoot seems like a 3rd rounder and I think Senior goes Round 5.

Don't have a big problem with any of the players or positions targeted, just too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    I can't see trading back if Cook is available at 19, if you do he's likely gone.

Maybe everyone's wrong but most think Samuel goes before pick 50 and almost all in Round 2.

I doubt Smoot makes it to Round 4 and Senior to 7. Smoot seems like a 3rd rounder and I think Senior goes Round 5.

Don't have a big problem with any of the players or positions targeted, just too good to be true.

I have a feeling Cook slips but it's hard to say. Why don't we call this my somewhat realistic hopeful mock. I'll come back with one later this week with 7 picks instead of 9. I did try and address all needs we have combined with all players I would like to covet. I'll be back later this week!

Welcome to the forum. Happy to have you!

I certainly have my doubts about Mccafrey as well in terms of what he can handle and as to whether or not we would fully utilize him to his potential. I definitely believe Koetter is creative enough to utilize him, but I worry about the fact the Winston seems to really stray away from the check-downs, which is where I feel Mccafrey would do the most damage. I worry a little bit about D. Cook and his injury history as well, but in terms of running style, I feel he is the perfect RB for our system.

I am probably the only Taco Charlton fan in this forum, so you should not have to deal with too much of that lol. I am a bit higher on him then C. Harris. Really the only 3 players I am truly against at 19 are Melifonwu, Njoku, and J. Peppers. I am also not as big on John Ross as many others in here and I don't feel that any of the OT's are great value at that pick either. Budda Baker and Q. Wilson are probably the 2 players that a lot of people would see as reaches at 19, that I would actually be good with.

I do agree that Barnett is realistically our best case scenario!

Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast