Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NB MA
    Posts
    9,612

    2017 Patriots Opponents

    2017 New England Patriots Opponents
    HOME: Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, Kansas City, San Diego, Atlanta, Carolina, Houston
    AWAY: Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, Denver, Oakland, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh

    Shocker we have to play in Denver again. I swear I'm starting to believe
    its rigged cause we've been playing there in the regular season since what
    Brady entered the league? When was the last time Denver came here in the
    regular season not playoffs.


    Aust Edit:

    Thursday, Sep. 7 Kansas City Chiefs 8:30pm NBC Boston / NBC
    Sunday, Sep. 17 at New Orleans Saints 1:00pm WBZ / CBS
    Sunday, Sep. 24 Houston Texans 1:00pm WBZ / CBS
    Sunday, Oct. 1 Carolina Panthers 1:00pm WFXT / FOX
    Thursday, Oct. 5 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 8:25pm WBZ / CBS / NFLN / Amazon
    Sunday, Oct. 15 at New York Jets 1:00pm* WBZ / CBS
    Sunday, Oct. 22 Atlanta Falcons 8:30pm* NBC Boston / NBC*
    Sunday, Oct. 29 Los Angeles Chargers 1:00pm* WBZ / CBS
    Sunday, Nov. 5 BYE
    Sunday, Nov. 12 at Denver Broncos 8:30pm* NBC Boston / NBC*
    Sunday, Nov. 19 at Oakland Raiders (Mexico City) 4:25pm WBZ / CBS
    Sunday, Nov. 26 Miami Dolphins 1:00pm* WBZ / CBS*
    Sunday, Dec. 3 at Buffalo Bills 1:00pm* WBZ / CBS*
    Monday, Dec. 11 at Miami Dolphins 8:30pm WCVB / ESPN
    Sunday, Dec. 17 at Pittsburgh Steelers 4:25pm* WBZ / CBS*
    Sunday, Dec. 24 Buffalo Bills 1:00pm WBZ / CBS
    Sunday, Dec. 31 New York Jets 1:00pm WBZ / CBS

    Bold are primetime games. * indicates the time and network could change.
    Last edited by Aust; 04-25-2017 at 05:48 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    68,733
    Schedule looks pretty tough, but based on 2016 results, it's only the 12th toughest SOS. Our opponents combined for the 14th best point differential.

    I don't care about going to Denver as much now as I would've a few years ago. It's some weird coincidence, but whatever. Excited they're heading back here again in consecutive years.

    The AFC West has a TOUGH shake.
    this my sig

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NB MA
    Posts
    9,612
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Schedule looks pretty tough, but based on 2016 results, it's only the 12th toughest SOS. Our opponents combined for the 14th best point differential.

    I don't care about going to Denver as much now as I would've a few years ago. It's some weird coincidence, but whatever. Excited they're heading back here again in consecutive years.

    The AFC West has a TOUGH shake.
    Just seems like we always have to travel there then the other way around.

  4. #4
    Aust's Avatar
    Aust is online now BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    25,572
    That looks like a tough schedule, but last offseason I thought we would have the toughest schedule in the league this year and a lot of the teams underwhelmed or had injury issues, etc.

    Big difference next season is that we are going to be playing a lot of competent talented QBs. This makes me want us to draft a monster pass rusher high even more. We could use that one dangerous, unstoppable force inside or on the edge.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

    HOLY ****



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    42,567
    Not a scary schedule IMO. We have the local tomato can six pack. We should take 5 out of 6. Win 8 out of 10 of the rest and its 13-3.

    Denver's D is not the same. The O is inept.
    Atlanta looks tough on TV, but, BB will devise a game plan to make them look more like the Browns.
    KC/Oak/Pitt - at least one loss is coming out of that group. We do seem to do well against Pitt and KC historically.
    Carolina may rebound and be tough.

    Good, hope it's above average toughness schedule wise, then we don't have to listen to Felger whining like the beach he is.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

    Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    43
    I had the same feelings about having the Pats travel out to Denver in 2017 and checked the regular season history. The trip out to the Mile High City in 2017 will be the third straight regular season visit. This follows three straight years of the Donkeys coming to Foxboro. Prior to that it was two years of away games preceded by two year of home games.

    As Bags already mentioned, I am less concerned about traveling to Denver in 2017. That team should have an interesting offseason.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    20,473
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Not a scary schedule IMO. We have the local tomato can six pack. We should take 5 out of 6. Win 8 out of 10 of the rest and its 13-3.

    Denver's D is not the same. The O is inept.
    Atlanta looks tough on TV, but, BB will devise a game plan to make them look more like the Browns.
    KC/Oak/Pitt - at least one loss is coming out of that group. We do seem to do well against Pitt and KC historically.
    Carolina may rebound and be tough.

    Good, hope it's above average toughness schedule wise, then we don't have to listen to Felger whining like the beach he is.
    Denver will be better. Siemian was one of the worst QBs in the NFL imo and was made better by their very talented offensive weapons. (I swear his release point is the equivalent of a baseball submarine pitcher; the Byun-Yun Kim of the NFL if you will..)

    I think you see Romo in Denver next year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    42,567
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Denver will be better. Siemian was one of the worst QBs in the NFL imo and was made better by their very talented offensive weapons. (I swear his release point is the equivalent of a baseball submarine pitcher; the Byun-Yun Kim of the NFL if you will..)

    I think you see Romo in Denver next year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Romo = impressive regular season stats and a desert for his post season. OK 12-4, but Denver isn't winning the SB.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

    Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Denver will be better. Siemian was one of the worst QBs in the NFL imo and was made better by their very talented offensive weapons. (I swear his release point is the equivalent of a baseball submarine pitcher; the Byun-Yun Kim of the NFL if you will..)

    I think you see Romo in Denver next year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, and then first hit of the season he breaks his back for the 3rd time...

    City of Champions

  10. #10
    Aust's Avatar
    Aust is online now BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    25,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Yeah, and then first hit of the season he breaks his back for the 3rd time...
    Makes me appreciate Tom for always being available.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

    HOLY ****



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    Makes me appreciate Tom for always being available.
    As Jules says, sometimes availability is better than ability.

    City of Champions

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NB MA
    Posts
    9,612
    Bump

  13. #13
    Aust's Avatar
    Aust is online now BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    25,572
    Denver played us at our house 3x in a row so it makes sense for us to play their 3x in a row. It's just normal scheduling.

    Rich Hill‏ @PP_Rich_Hill 12h

    2 teams over past decade have played 5 of 6 on the road.

    3 teams over past decade closed 5 of 6 vs division.

    Patriots doing both in 2017.
    It's a.. uh, weird schedule. I'm just thrilled our bye week is 9. That's in the sweet desired spot(9-11) IMO.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

    HOLY ****



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,313
    I'm really looking forward to the Nov. 19 game in Mexico City. Should be a great one!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NB MA
    Posts
    9,612
    Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the Nov. 19 game in Mexico City. Should be a great one!
    I was gonna make a joke about playing in Mexico and Trump but I wont don't wanna offend anyone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •