Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1978JETS View Post
    I wanted Leonard Fournette at #6 but now I'm thinking he might just be a shorter Brandon Jacobs. Hopefully, the Jets take WR mike Williams in the first and Joe Mixon in the 2nd...at least that would give us something to watch while they rebuild.
    Hooker or Howard for me.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Ok, we got Claiborne. Now what?

That dude is gonna get a million flags called against him. He's a good man DB, but as a zone CB...GOOD LUCK!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Hooker or Howard for me.
    Clay, I think this could be a crazy draft. If a teams reach for QBs, as they usually do and hope they do, it will leave the Jets with a glut of talent at the 6. There could potentially be 2-3 DT/DE in the top 10 sitting in front of Mac. That would be a fantastic situation. Even trading back 3-4 spots, the Jets could end up with a foundation building, impact player and gain at least another pick.

I'm with you on Hooker. I also love Foster, Adams, Peppers. I know Peppers has fallen a tiny bit but I think that is due to his declaring as an SS. The kid can play. I would be thrilled if the Jets traded back and ended up with him.

It's still a more than a month away, so this will be a long and winding road.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Just think about this.....the same day the Patriots got Cooks we got a long snapper

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan125 View Post
    Just think about this.....the same day the Patriots got Cooks we got a long snapper
    Eh, the Jets are in no position to compete with New England next year anyway.

They have to be smart and address multiple positions with their draft picks and cap space, not spend 10+million dollars a year on an inside LB like they were willing to commit to Hightower.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-20-2017 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Eh, the Jets are in no position to compete with New England next year anyway.

They have to be smart and address multiple positions with their draft picks and cap space, not spend 10+million dollars a year on an inside LB like they were willing to commit to Hightower.

I don't know. I think if you got a 27 year old ILB of that caliber, your LB crew is set for a few years. A guy like Hightower would free up Lee. I would have liked that signing. If you did sign him, you can draft 2 Safeties, a cb or one S, one CB, an edge and call it done on D in this draft.

Harris can't cover. He isn't a full time ILB anymore. The Jets need someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't know. I think if you got a 27 year old ILB of that caliber, your LB crew is set for a few years. A guy like Hightower would free up Lee. I would have liked that signing. If you did sign him, you can draft 2 Safeties, a cb or one S, one CB, an edge and call it done on D in this draft.

Harris can't cover. He isn't a full time ILB anymore. The Jets need someone.
    If the Jets needed a handful of pieces of here and there, I would agree. The thing is they need help just about everywhere whether its the OL, the secondary, QB, TE, etc. You can add defensive line too if Wilkerson doesnt get his **** together. There are a lot of holes on this team that I don't think its a great idea to overpay for an ILB, even if that guy is a pro bowler.

And none of this stuff really matters for the upcoming 2017 season because they still haven't found a QB.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-20-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Punt the season and take a QB with the #1 overall pick next year.

If the Jets needed a handful of pieces of here and there, I would agree. The thing is they need help just about everywhere whether its the OL, the secondary, QB, TE, etc. You can add defensive line too if Wilkerson doesnt get his **** together. There are a lot of holes on this team that I don't think its a great idea to overpay for an ILB, even if that guy is a pro bowler.

And none of this stuff really matters for the upcoming 2017 season because they still haven't found a QB.

Fair point. My feeling was more optimistic. If you could actually get a really good D and even a decent O, you never know. I think the Jets are a couple of years away from turning the corner but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Punt the season and take a QB with the #1 overall pick next year.
    Honestly, for the first time in my 35 years of being a Jets fan I am starting to think this would be ideal given our current situation. I have never, and will never root for the Jets to lose. If it happens though, I think the timing would be good with the look of QB prospects next year.

At this point we don't have nearly enough talent to win, and there are no more difference makers left at any position in Free Agency to change that. So give a choice between winning 5 or 6 games or 1-2 games to secure a top pick, I would rather have a year of pain just for the HOPE of drafting a QB who is finally our answer.

I seriously hope we don't sign Chase Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    I seriously hope we don't sign Chase Daniels
    I know it would bring a shite storm but why not look at Kap? The dude can play. He's 27. He didn't commit a crime. He offended many by doing what he did but it's legal. He's not a bad person. He didn't beat a woman. He didn't get arrested at a trip bar for shooting himself or getting in a fight. He didn't even get a DUI.

Give him a one year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I know it would bring a shite storm but why not look at Kap? The dude can play. He's 27. He didn't commit a crime. He offended many by doing what he did but it's legal. He's not a bad person. He didn't beat a woman. He didn't get arrested at a trip bar for shooting himself or getting in a fight. He didn't even get a DUI.

Give him a one year deal.
    He's actually closer to 30 years old. That said, its the same reason why no other team has signed him yet. They don't want the distraction and the media circus he brings with him. That only becomes magnified in NY because he'll get a 1000 questions a day about his politics.

Some of the stuff you mentioned is easier to sweep under the rug than what he decided to do last year.

looks like josh is our qb one year deal

He's actually closer to 30 years old. That said, its the same reason why no other team has signed him yet. They don't want the distraction and the media circus he brings with him. That only becomes magnified in NY because he'll get a 1000 questions a day about his politics.

Some of the stuff you mentioned is easier to sweep under the rug than what he decided to do last year.

That is a scary thought. Someone exercises their legal right and they are shunned. Someone beats up a woman or worse and they are forgiven. I know that's how it is but, damn.

Irrelevant now that they've signed McCown
    Meh.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast