Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    Yep, and I see no reason that the apparent QB competition between Petty/Hack should not fully give Hack every chance to win it. If we dont play him all year, and assuming we are picking top 5 next year (we will be), it will very likely be on a QB and that hack pick will be a complete head scratcher. Play him this year though, and he sucks, well then its easy to validate replacing him. Cant really lose IMO. If he makes strides and show potential to be the guy then you are poised for a quick rebuild.

I honestly think Geno Smith is the only QB that even makes a shred of sense to come here as a FA, and that is a stretch as it is.
    Huge stretch

The Giants are looking into Geno Smith as a backup to Eli Manning.

I'd take AJ or roll with petty

We should go with Petty the entire year in order to accomplish two things at once. See what they got in Petty, and by doing so, most likely effectively tanking the season in route to the #1 pick.

There is a good chance there's a legit elite talent QB available to take #1 next year, and honestly, where the hell do we expect this team to go with the current QB situation? There's no elite level talent available this draft that we can take, no free agents likely to come here that are gonna give us a chance to make a playoff run, and it doesn't appear we're gonna be making a trade to acquire an already elite level QB.

**** it.

Best option, play the full year with Petty and get #1 pick next year.

**** it.
    Last edited by MetsFan125; 03-13-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Curious why everyone would rather play Petty than Hack?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Huge stretch
    Why do you say that, just out of curiosity? Given our situation, which AVAILABLE Qb would you say makes more sense? Geno knows NY, he knows our personnel, he knows our HC and our FO. He also is as talented and younger with more to prove than probably anyone.

Geno got a raw deal here, it is probably best for him to move on, but for the Jets, given our unique spot I am not so sure.

OffSeason thread.There's no pain,you are receding. A distant jet crash on the horizon

Not everyone.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    For me it's an "or". One of the two, whoever wins the job.

I will also say that if the Jets could get Brock for 2 mil and get a 3rd with the deal, do it.

And then...
    Sign Dont'a
    Sign Clayborne
    Draft Adams in the first
    Draft Awuzie or Lewis in the second
    Draft OL/Edge or Mixon with the first third
    Use you got for taking Brock to grab Mahomes in the third and let the four fight for three spots.
    Or draft OL/Edge or Mixon
    Use the third, third to get the same as the first 2.

One can dream... I hope the cupcakes work
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 03-14-2017 at 05:12 PM.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Friggin incredible. Pats picked up cooks for a first and now Butler is visiting NO and if they sign him, pats get a first. So essentially, they lose a guy they would have lost, got a burner and improved their draft position.

hahaha what the ****? It hurts.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Friggin incredible. Pats picked up cooks for a first and now Butler is visiting NO and if they sign him, pats get a first. So essentially, they lose a guy they would have lost, got a burner and improved their draft position.

hahaha what the ****? It hurts.
    Don't know why teams keep helping them while only mildly improving their own teams in the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Don't know why teams keep helping them while only mildly improving their own teams in the deal.
    Teams in the NFL overvalue draft picks. Plus, I think the Saints probably think Cooks is more a product of Drew Brees than a talent on his own. That being they can create another Brandin Cooks.

They forget however how good Brady makes his receivers look.

Just guessing. He is older, aka been in the league longer. I guess they feel like he should get one last shot while Hack cooks a little longer.

There is no reason for Hightower to leave NE. And we are not competing next year. But the thought of him next to Lee and drafting a CB/S fills me with joy.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    There is no reason for Hightower to leave NE. And we are not competing next year. But the thought of him next to Lee and drafting a CB/S fills me with joy.
    lol same but he has already agreed with the Pats and I dont believe was ever serious about leaving. Pats are ****ing stacked

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast