Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Haha the ol' NY appeal. It worked for the knicks and now its working for the jets. Oh wait..

But I honestly like what were doing. Mac has been smart so far. So far

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    Random thought
    I think it is time for the NFL to look into reducing the cap charge. Teams have so much money they are paying ridiculous amounts for players just to use some of it. The Browns actually traded for a player they didn't want and will probably cut just to use his salary to apply to their cap. This can't be good. The players however are very happy.

Things the Jets should not do:
    Trade or cut Decker. He gives the Jets just what they need. A tall veteran good route running presence to go along with the young receiving corp.
    Trade or cut Richardson. He is in a contract year and highly motivated to have a great year. Marshell is gone. They get 3rd consolation pick next year if they don't sign him anyway.
    Trade or cut Pryor. Save zero dollars by cutting, and his trade value is not high.
    Sign Kap.
    Draft a QB @ PICK 6.
    Things I would be okay with;
    Cutler or Geno at QB on a 1yr deal depending of course on cost. Not thrilled with either idea, but could live with it
    Pleased they are wasting big dollars are free agents.
    As far as the draft goes I would like a FS, 2 corners, and OL with the first 4 picks
    I fully agree with all but the bolded and I agree for the most part with it. I would take Foster at 6, and then a CB and S in the second and third. Then go OL and another WR or RB and BPA the rest of the way.

I would also no be opposed to taking Mahomes in the 3rd if he fell that far.
    If they draft a QB at 6 that is a white flag for Hackenburg. I hope they aren't ready for that. I will be bummed if they take a QB at 6.

I am betting the Pats pick up the kid Trevor Knight from Texas Tech and mold him into another Edelman

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

So we signed Kelvin Beachum?? That doesn't seem like an awful signing depending on numbers..

The Chandler Catanzaro signing i love!! He did me solid in fantasy football for a good stretch last year.. Our prize free agent signing was a kicker who woulda thought..

Beachum was coming off acl surgery last year which some say were a big part of his struggles.. Hes only 27 so this could be a huge steal.. maccagnan seems to be very shrewd..

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Pats have now acquired Ealy from the Panthers. The SB champs, who already have a HOF QB and coach, just keep improving their team and the Jets keeping having less and less talent, no direction at QB and a lame duck coach. Can they just forfeit the 2017 season now so no one gets hurt?
    #PrayforDarnoldorRosen

But the Jets would rather win 5 or 6 games and be out of the hunt for a potential franchise QB. It's a no win situation because they aren't talented enough to do anything next year but they still have to sell tickets so they aren't going to field a talentless team. Not to mention, they have to give the eventually fired coach (next season) a roster to work with otherwise they're just sandbagging him from the very start of the season.

It gets better. The Patriots just added Brandin Cooks too lol.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-10-2017 at 10:47 PM.

the pats are the late 90's yankees, allen with cooks along with gronk brady and eldman, watch them get peterson also

The Pats have used a lot of their draft picks in the recent trades. I bet they get a lot back when they trade Jimmy G. I know they said they won't,but I think they will.

The Pats have used a lot of their draft picks in the recent trades. I bet they get a lot back when they trade Jimmy G. I know they said they won't,but I think they will.
    Knowing Bill, he will get both of Cleveland's firsts, take Garret, trade the 12th for 2 more firsts and a couple seconds and thirds.

Beachum contract is 3 years, 24 mil with 12 mil guaranteed.. That seems pretty fair to me considering he's definitely gonna be starting at one of our tackle positions..

AJ Mccaron for Sheldon Richardson trade rumors swirling, I would t be upset with that.

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    AJ Mccaron for Sheldon Richardson trade rumors swirling, I would t be upset with that.
    That's an interesting one! I'd be for it, we need a QB.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    That's an interesting one! I'd be for it, we need a QB.
    We have to move on Sheldon before he walks for free, on top of that Mccaron at least has shown a bit more than petty. The bengals have the need, I'm curious if there is some truth to this.

Richardson is a pro bowl DE, and Mccaron is a unproven backup QB. How is that a good trade. Richardson is under contract this year, and if he walks next year the Jets will receive a 3rd round comp pick. So trading him for less than 2nd round pick is a waste.

Richardson is a pro bowl DE, and Mccaron is a unproven backup QB. How is that a good trade. Richardson is under contract this year, and if he walks next year the Jets will receive a 3rd round comp pick. So trading him for less than 2nd round pick is a waste.
    I think if you could get AJ and a 2nd or 3rd, it would be worth it.

Unless he's having a great season and you trade him around the deadline for a 1rst to a team in the hunt.

We will get nothing for him next year if we don't resign or franchise him.

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast