Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

OffSeason thread.There's no pain,you are receding. A distant jet crash on the horizon

Clay, can we get a sticky for this one. You guys know, the one that will last till next september...
    9 friggin months from now.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

The axeman cometh.

Bowles fires 5- quarterbacks coach Kevin Patella, running backs coach Marcel Shipp, defensive line coach Pepper Johnson, defensive backs coach Joe Danna and outside linebackers Mark Collins.

Patulu was god awful

Chan retires!!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2933090

How about Chip Kelly for OC?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    How about Chip Kelly for OC?
    I was thinking the samething. He said he wouldnt mind being a coordinator and honestly bowles can leave the offense to him and focus on the defense. I think it be great in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrax15 View Post
    I was thinking the samething. He said he wouldnt mind being a coordinator and honestly bowles can leave the offense to him and focus on the defense. I think it be great in my opinion
    The biggest problems aside from lack of success. He doesn't have an pffspeed pitch. He is leaving his defense out there forever with short rest over and over.

Even when our defense was good this would get to them. They'd get gassed and the holes in the defense would open up.

2nd it requires a certain type of QB. And while Gyros will most likely be available and a good fit for it you can then only get that type of QB And develop them to that system that only he runs. Its all in on Taylor and staring another QB opening right in the face.

OffSeason thread.There's no pain,you are receding. A distant jet crash on the horizon

He needs a strong armed QB who can run a classic spread offense. Geno was pretty successful at that at WVU. They could also draft a college QB who also excelled in the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    He needs a strong armed QB who can run a classic spread offense. Geno was pretty successful at that at WVU. They could also draft a college QB who also excelled in the spread.
    Mahomes? If the Jets went in this direction they should cut bait on Hack now. See if O'Brien wants him in Houston. They have a relationship and the QB situation there is bleak too. I would be happy if the Jets got a 4th this year for Hack. He is garbage and I was furious when they drafted him.
    Last edited by wiley6; 01-03-2017 at 10:47 PM.

I actually keep Hack. He has the work ethic, physicality and arm strength to be a legit QB if he can put it together. A good QB coach and OC could develop him. It just sucks that the QB coach was fired because that shows he was ineffective at development. Hack needs 3 year. See what he brings to the table after this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    The biggest problems aside from lack of success. He doesn't have an pffspeed pitch. He is leaving his defense out there forever with short rest over and over.

Even when our defense was good this would get to them. They'd get gassed and the holes in the defense would open up.

2nd it requires a certain type of QB. And while Gyros will most likely be available and a good fit for it you can then only get that type of QB And develop them to that system that only he runs. Its all in on Taylor and staring another QB opening right in the face.
    This made me LOL. So true

Jets interested in John DeFilippo for OC... I'd certainly be interested in him, as he has been a QB coach for some time now, and has worked with the likes of David Carr & Carson Wentz recently. Need someone who knows how to work with QB's, if the Jets are ever to be able to develop one properly.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...filippo-for-oc

The little that I have read about the Jets OC search seems to indicate that they will have a hard time luring a top candidate due to their deficiencies at QB and OL, and uncertainty of Bowles' status after 2017.

I get the concerns about QB/OL, but not so much the concerns about Bowles' status. Wouldn't a successful OC be auditioning for Bowles' job?

Seems that Bill O'Brien is on the hot seat due to a potential rift with the FO in Houston. I wonder if there is any chance Woody would renege on Bowles if O'Brien is suddenly available.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Seems that Bill O'Brien is on the hot seat due to a potential rift with the FO in Houston. I wonder if there is any chance Woody would renege on Bowles if O'Brien is suddenly available.
    Maybe he would be the OC? (I really doubt it but Hack would love it)

We'll bring in Romo... Watch...

He's probably the best option out there anyway, even with his injury concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    We'll bring in Romo... Watch...

He's probably the best option out there anyway, even with his injury concerns.
    If it's a short term, incentive laden deal? Meh. Ok

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast