Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I won't be, but I wasn't in the first place. Sorry to see SM go, I am definitely not happy with the way things were handled. But I also like the discipline the team has shown in this Free Agency that has added some solid depth to the roster. There is still a glaring weakness on our defensive line. We signed a few guys who seem more like rotational depth than starter material. I hope they have a plan to address the defensive line more drastically over the rest of the offseason.

I am not a fan of this guy, but Sheldon Richardson seems to be available. He would be an upgrade at DE over what we currently have on the roster and would cost a later round draft pick. Obviously we need all the picks we can get since we need more talent but if we are talking a 5th or 6th round pick for him I would say it could be worth the gamble. The issue is with his character, but he is a talented football player.

They are still using FA and draft boards put together by Scot McCloughan, that should be all that we need to know about how this was never football related.

I'm boycotting still.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    They are still using FA and draft boards put together by Scot McCloughan, that should be all that we need to know about how this was never football related.

I'm boycotting still.
    Youre the owner of a company. You hire a guy knowing hes an alcoholic with past employment issues due to alcohol. But whatever, you believe hes turned it around, people can change, thats fine. You hire him. He becomes one of your best employees, but then details come to light that hes been coming into work drunk regularly. What do you do?

In professional sports i guess there may be some leeway, but in any regular operating business, seriously, what do you do?

From everything the reporters have found out, and they have years of experience in doing this type of investigation because of how Snyder runs the team, the alcohol issue is being used as a scapegoat, and everything still comes down to Allen wanting to run the show and being upset at the praise being heaped upon McCloughan.

I dont get why they would have hired SM in the first place then if Allen wanted to be "the man". Scot is known for building great teams, what did Bruce think was gonna happen lol

I still think there is more to the story than Allen just being mad about the fact Scot was being praised. I mean he may not be a great team President, but I don't think he got to that position by being a complete moron. Why would they hire Scot McCloughan in the first place is the correct question if this was going to be the response when the team was able to experience winning to an extent? I think the truth lies somewhere in between. I definitely feel like the Cousins situation had an impact as it has been reported by multiple outlets that Scot wanted to sign him long term coming into this past season. I find it very hard to believe Snyder would allow Scot to be fired simply because Allen's feelings were hurt when the team actually was improving for the first time in a while.

Scott wasn't perfect.....Matt Jones seems to be a bust...

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Scott wasn't perfect.....Matt Jones seems to be a bust...
    Yet they still used his FA and are using his draft boards.......no one is perfect though.

Of course there are misses, no GM is right every time. I honestly still consider his first selection as GM to be somewhat of a head scratcher. He took Scherff over Leonard Williams when Williams was considered that best prospect in the draft by most. Scherff has done very well though so it makes it a bit easier to overlook this, but Williams is also a stud pass rusher as it stands.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar08 View Post
    Of course there are misses, no GM is right every time. I honestly still consider his first selection as GM to be somewhat of a head scratcher. He took Scherff over Leonard Williams when Williams was considered that best prospect in the draft by most. Scherff has done very well though so it makes it a bit easier to overlook this, but Williams is also a stud pass rusher as it stands.
    There were off-field concerns about Williams which caused him to fall. Scherff is a stud in his own right, but had the blue-collar work ethic that McCloughan had valued over other traits in the past.

Perrine apparently impressing in rookie minicamp

I'm ready to see the new look offense and defense.......and Hank Jr. is back too......lol

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Press conference called for tomorrow morning to inform everyone of the new front office structure. My guess is that responsibilities are shuffled and we don't hire anyone new.

Doug Williams promoted to essentially the same position McCloughan had (though with Allen in charge) and it seems that Eric Schaeffer is filling in behind Williams, as well as 5 other guys getting promotions. Staying the course right now was the best decision to make IMO- after everything that has happened, the last thing the Redskins need was someone new coming in and setting a new vision.

Looks like DeAngelo Hall is sticking around for another season, as he took about a 50% paycut.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Perrine apparently impressing in rookie minicamp
    Smashing! Samaje is the player I am most excited for this upcoming season. He is the sort of running back the offense so desperately was missing; a sledgehammer that plow through defenses.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast